Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ARGH !!!!!!!!!! - Reply to topic

Granulated

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

Presently I'm more annoyed than usual. Crying or Very sad Shocked Mad Crying or Very sad Shocked

I've been noticing a "pageviews" amount weirdness, and after some investigation I have a theory.

It seems to me that a lot of people are viewing entries using the thumbnail gallery (which I think is just plain wrong anyway) and simply do not even bother taking a look at the full size image if it appears relatively unaltered.(Naturally this trend fluctuates depending on the source image)

The "Lumber Faces" contest markedly shows this behaviour and it sucks.

So I urge everyone to browse entires using the [next ->] button.

Ah well. Sorry for being a whinging twat. Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

it's an issue that regulary plays up here, granulated.

Not much to do about it I'm afraid, you can't force someone to click the thumbnail and actually view the image.

the only thing you can do is make your image so appealing that it even look sawesome on a thumbnail (I know, easier said then done Smile )

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
it's an issue that regulary plays up here, granulated.

Not much to do about it I'm afraid, you can't force someone to click the thumbnail and actually view the image.

the only thing you can do is make your image so appealing that it even look sawesome on a thumbnail (I know, easier said then done Smile )

Hmm....but conversely, having an entry that has been so radically chopped as to make finding the source rather difficult, can also be detrimental.

Yay! A "Lose-Lose" situation !

mikey

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

Go with the flow" certain things will never change, it's not what you know" it's how good you can suck up to people for votes! Laughing

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

it also doesnt hurt to be on page 1 Laughing Shocked

I know I go through each and every entry even when there are 239472345 of them, but then again, i've got the time here at work.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I view everything, people take the time to work on an image I think they deserve a look, only fair.

of course not everyone has the time, and thats cool too, can't force people to check entries.

It also depends on how people view the gallery, most votes, default, most recent, or even one of the theme sections???? if they do not have the time they will only view the ones that look really interesting from the thumbnail.

What it is , it is, and it always will be.... to quote some guy or gal who may of said something to that effect at sometime in the past, not sure when or if at all Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ARGH !!!!!!!!!! - Reply to topic