Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I've done my HOMEWORK have you? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

erdaest

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:58 am   Reply with quote         

I think it realy SUCKS when someone doubts one's work because it looks "too good to be true" I'm not here for the votes. I'm here because I enjoy this type of work. It helps me express what's inside and it helps me improve and strive to be better. If I say I do something ONLY from source I MEAN IT. I enter this site and had nothing but admiration at everyone's work and it helps me understand techniques and the application of those techniques. I strive to learn on my own and take pride in my work. So, be it said "I DO MY HOMEWORK" ... and if for anyone to say "too good to be true" Question ..... well, thanks for the compliment.

deshone

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:03 am   Reply with quote         

short fuse ?

FootFungas

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:36 am   Reply with quote         

If it makes you feel any better it's fairly obvious to me that you didn't use outside sources.
like, deshone said Lighten up! Very Happy (youre not smiling are you?)

FootFungas

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

Well thats not what deshone said, but "get a longer fuse" doesnt really have the same ring to it

fempie

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:48 am   Reply with quote         

erdaest wrote:
I think it realy SUCKS when someone doubts one's work because it looks "too good to be true" I'm not here for the votes. I'm here because I enjoy this type of work. It helps me express what's inside and it helps me improve and strive to be better. If I say I do something ONLY from source I MEAN IT. I enter this site and had nothing but admiration at everyone's work and it helps me understand techniques and the application of those techniques. I strive to learn on my own and take pride in my work. So, be it said "I DO MY HOMEWORK" ... and if for anyone to say "too good to be true" Question ..... well, thanks for the compliment.

I can understand your reaction. I am not sure though if the comment on your post is really meant negative.

But if so, then I agree with you and think it is kind of rude. The person in question should in case of doubt, just ask you for the psd file. Not just assuming your post is not an honest one!

You will definately get my vote, since it is a good work. (only I prefer to vote the second or last day, so wait a little Wink )

Chin up and have fun chopping!

Micose

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

come here Centurius
Marx-Man

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

if it bugs ya that much then post the psd's and show em how ya made it then they cant complain

bigbuck

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

You should check the nice little comment he left on my frozen post....

deshone

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

looks like he has some kind of problem ... probably not getting enough votes himself ...

erdaest

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

Good idea Marx-man. ..... PSD file (9MB+) is now posted under the contest entry.

jerry717

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

What a beautiful piece of art you've created there...Very nice

erdaest

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you Jerry... I could be wrong but, had to vent. Fempie you have a point. I hope I did not ofend anyone ... I have postings that are far from the quality they should be but, learning is all about making those mistakes and taking the time to polish the various techniques until you find the one that works Smile

ReyRey

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

Sounds like something that should have been handled with a PM to the person that wrote the comment. No need for a thread, although I understand your reaction. Then again, don't get mad if you get called out on an image. Especially if they say too good to be true. I would be proud and then post the layered file. Prove them wrong and then say "now, whatcha got to say biiiiiiotch??!!" That's all. Wink

erdaest

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

True RayRay.... I've posted the PSD file. And I should have handled it via PM. I've got the unfortunate set-back of being a hot-blooded latina Wink

Granulated

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

erdaest wrote:

I looked at your portfolio and I cant think what entry youre referring to.
( I mean most of your stuff is superb but nothing seems photo-faked)

Which one ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I've done my HOMEWORK have you? - Reply to topic