Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - couple of suggestions for the site's team and users - Reply to topic

Hoops Henderson

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello.

I'm still fairly new to this site. I only have a few entries so far.

But what I want to speak about is the voting system. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Firstly, I'm not even able to vote yet, but in observing the voting area, I'm still a bit confused on how it works. I see the different things you can check off. I see the area where you can comment. But is each thing you check off worth the same? To me it would seem that something like a 1 to 5 rating system would work better. Also, restricting people from voting until the contest' time limit is done. ...then people vote, because I know that people's votes run out at times before the contest is over with. (I've seen some comments)

Second, and the most important (to me) is the fact that when people submit an entry, their name is shown while the contest is still running. That, to me, seems a bit dangerous. I.M.O. the voting can't really be fair unless the creators name is hidden until voting is done. Anyone else feel this way?

Again, sorry if this has been covered before -- I just wanted to get this off my chest, and in my own words.

Thanks

armogeden

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

ok well yeah the topic has been covered many times. voting starts when the contest starts, because otherwise there would be no incentive for subscribing to advantage. if jmh gets rid of advantage there will be no prize contests.

the daily contests are just for fun and in my experience voting isnt really biased in anyway, the entry that is the best wins. the prize contests are the contests which matter and are anonymous to make sure its not biased.

hope this covers it. welcome to psc!

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
ok well yeah the topic has been covered many times. voting starts when the contest starts, because otherwise there would be no incentive for subscribing to advantage.

Sorry, Just a note and hate to disagree, but
it was that way long before advantage.
Smile

dunno

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
...the daily contests are just for fun and in my experience voting isnt really biased in anyway...

no, it is not.
for some weird reason i bet that quite some people here would/might/want/should/must or have already, but for sure could write a tutorial on how to get regularly votes for entries, no matter how or what it is. Rolling Eyes

anyway Mr. Henderson, just get used to the things how they are. armogeden explained it all pretty good.
oh and welcome! Smile

armogeden

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
armogeden wrote:
ok well yeah the topic has been covered many times. voting starts when the contest starts, because otherwise there would be no incentive for subscribing to advantage.

Sorry, Just a note and hate to disagree, but
it was that way long before advantage.
Smile

true, true. before advantage the emphasis was on producing fast chops which look good... i hear. Very Happy

dunno

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

btw hoops, to answer your other question:

if you like a contest entry, just hit the vote button. additionally you can comment it and/or might want to select the criteria which made you voting, but it doesn't matter for the contest.
all what counts is the number of votes, nothing else.

Hoops Henderson

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the replies. I understand it a bit better now. Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - couple of suggestions for the site's team and users - Reply to topic