Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Humpty Dumpty - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Congratulations, Steve on your win in the Frozen Expression contest!

My question to the PSC community, is why did my almost identical image from about a month ago score less than half the votes Steve's Humpty Dumpty received?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/104252/humpty-dumpty.html

I would be happy to receive any recommendations for imporvement. Thank you.

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

because you SUCK!

Razz Just messing, I think that's an awesome chop; I personally didn't vote for it because I haven't had the time to vote lately. I dunno, though, I definately would've voted for it, man.

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:45 pm   Reply with quote         

cause his is better.
the lighting and feel of his image is better.
It looks more like an egg than a rounded silo.
and the composition is better.
Dont get me wrong, I think your image is good.
It's just his is better.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

hey, you got a Bluefisht vote...stop whining Razz

You'll notice a lot of "similar" ideas if ya hang around long enough. Similar sources too. Some posts are bound to be repetitive and sometimes ppl try to imitate another's "style."

so...don't sweat the small stuff....what's wrong w/ 28 votes? Very Happy

my 2.3 cents

ScionShade

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

If I'd seen iy I woulda voted for it.
The 'whos' who voted for are some of our pickiest voters..I'da been quite satisfied w/ those votes.
It's a very nice chop.

Micose

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

what really meant FF a little buit rudely (teenage honesty!)is that the whole stylization,illustrative bright lookung;a bit 3D depth,; all these elements make it powerfully effective. while your work is technuically$ good too but a less "creative" in the final loojking ,; uit muisses an all together element or sthg,; a duifferent crop yet; to be TOP5.
It's the pouint there IS a place for kinda style overhere, a liuttle artsy touch (while,of course enough photorealistic). Wink
Micose

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

that ,; and i noticed yet that the gaussian blur works well overhere too Cool

i think Steve's chop is very near to frontal/central pieces by Anfa, too. We all are links of a chain
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I am pretty much satisfied with the votes I've been getting. My obvious goofs have tanked and deservingly so. To me the question is how much the Advantage boosts the votes - being placed on the first or second default pages helps a lot, I guess. I have seen Disadvantaged members win contests in the past, but, in general, how often does it really happen?

I still like the idea that, being disadvantaged, I'm trying to do my best in my lunch hour to make a decent image and get in a contest before it is really too late.

Or maybe I should STFU and chop and pony up the $25 for the privilege to play with the big kids Smile

Micose

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
I am pretty much satisfied with the votes I've been getting. My obvious goofs have tanked and deservingly so. To me the question is how much the Advantage boosts the votes - being placed on the first or second default pages helps a lot, I guess. I have seen Disadvantaged members win contests in the past, but, in general, how often does it really happen?

I still like the idea that, being disadvantaged, I'm trying to do my best in my lunch hour to make a decent image and get in a contest before it is really too late.

Or maybe I should STFU and chop and pony up the $25 for the privilege to play with the big kids Smile

can u answer me ?.(it took time for me to ty$pe with m$y kjey$board bug mate) what ui thuinjk abouit

(The advantage stuiff uis another suibjkect n of couirse makjes difference)
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose, I love you keyboard bug! It makes your posts as artistic as your images. Seriously! Maybe it's because one can't rush through it at a glance, but has to read through it carefully to decipher the real meaning.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Another thought, vokaris, Stevster is in a college art program. Your profile doesn't mention what you do for a living...or if you're in school. Can you imagine the "advantage" one has living, breathing, exposure to art all day long?

I really enjoy your work. And recommend getting the site "Advantage." You're doing very well. Keep it coming!

Very Happy

Micose

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

(thx for words)yea glimpses, it's what i said in a way, Stevster made a chop that catches eyes even in a glimpse... Cool (bug is shutting up for now)
FootFungas

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
what really meant FF a little buit rudely (teenage honesty!)is that the whole stylization,illustrative bright lookung;a bit 3D depth,; all these elements make it powerfully effective. while your work is technuically$ good too but a less "creative" in the final loojking ,; uit muisses an all together element or sthg,; a duifferent crop yet; to be TOP5.
It's the pouint there IS a place for kinda style overhere, a liuttle artsy touch (while,of course enough photorealistic). Wink

Yes thats what I said! stevesters is better.
I'm not saying yours is a bad chop.
I'm just saying the composition, DOF isolation, lighting and composition pushes his over the top.

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Loved that chop as well, sources made the difference. I voted for both and still wish both were mine.

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Trust me, the day I got Advantage, the amount of votes I recieved for my entries doubled. It's awesome, worth it, and lots of cool features.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Humpty Dumpty - Reply to topic