Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Whats the problem here.......?? - Reply to topic

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Hey people...i just came across this site yesterday (Oct15) and was very excited twhen i found this site while surfing. I am currently trying to enter in th PSC for the drain image, but am having major problems trying to upload my image. Im using PS7 and have read the submitting rules and the post concerning this problem but still cannot load the image..the file size is 432 pixels by 432 pixels and the file size is only 104KBs as a jpg... i have tried gif, greyscale...and nothing seems to work can someone pleasssseee tell me whats up??? Twisted Evil

P.S. the contest deadline is the 17th....it's now 1:44am on the 16 ....helllllpppp[/b]

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 am   Reply with quote         

Hmm.......I'm not really sure what to tell you.
This is what the FAQ says:

images must be a JPEG or a GIF file. The size of the file must be under 125kb in actual size. JPEG image dimensions must be less than 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. Animated GIFs must be less than 550 wide by 450 high. If you are getting an error message, try reducing the file size and/or dimensions just a bit and then uploading again

JPEG and GIF image file formats only
JPEG: Less than 1280px wide by 960px high
GIF: Less than 550px wide by 450px high
At least 500px wide by 350px high

Good luck......maybe try PMing a moderator if you continue to have trouble

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 am   Reply with quote         

A. Your image size may be too small. 430X430 seems kind of puny.
B. Even if you do enter it, it won't get very many votes this late into the contest.

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Hmm.......I'm not really sure what to tell you.
This is what the FAQ says:

images must be a JPEG or a GIF file. The size of the file must be under 125kb in actual size. JPEG image dimensions must be less than 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. Animated GIFs must be less than 550 wide by 450 high. If you are getting an error message, try reducing the file size and/or dimensions just a bit and then uploading again

JPEG and GIF image file formats only
JPEG: Less than 1280px wide by 960px high
GIF: Less than 550px wide by 450px high
At least 500px wide by 350px high

Good luck......maybe try PMing a moderator if you continue to have trouble

Well i'm stumped...i've followed the rules to a T and still won't upload....also note it is in RBG...should it be windows? monitor? i suppose it doesn't matter as long as it's RBG...I am a Graphic Design/Website Development student about to graduate in Dec with honors and currently working on starting my own clothing line....meanwhile, i just started to do side contract work such as; advertisement CD covers, graphic art/editwork on video, websites for music artist in my local area..(so far Wink ) finding this site is a godsend for me cuz i'm constantly looking to improve my skills, i mainly stick to PS, but i do have some freehand/ink pen/painting skills...sometimes i think a got the "PS Virus" staying up hours on end...and my girlfriend giving me the "your crazy stare" when i come to bed at 5am Shocked lol.... anyways i guess i'm s--t outta luck for this contest but hopefully i will post it to get some feed back...Death_BY_CLOWN i've tried to upload at various KBs all under PSC's regulation demands but still to no avail.

Anyone on this site in the Clothing business? I have a few question and ideas i would luv to discuss/show you!!!!
Thanks peeps...RuKKuS

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 am   Reply with quote         

it might be silly to bring up but are you using save for web? Try to make your image the same size as stated in the FAQs...then save for web.

what kind of clothing?

Welcome to PSC Very Happy

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:42 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
it might be silly to bring up but are you using save for web? Try to make your image the same size as stated in the FAQs...then save for web.

what kind of clothing?

Welcome to PSC Very Happy

not at all eve..umm yeh i'm using save for web...im resizing to 800 by 600 and see what happens.... well, i want to start with an urban edge due to my contacts and work enviornment (music buisness) so t-shirts, hoodies, ladies jump suits...etc would sell fast...i've done alot of reseach into clothing products online like cafepress, but i want to be able to label and tag my own clothing so the whole product is mine, as i have a whole design concept. I have thought of actually making my own from scratch but of course that takes monies a student/dad like me doesn't have...(im 29)....but hopefully once its off the ground to will only grow bigger Very Happy

P.S. i plan on hittin up both mens and ladies wear....then childrens wear

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic -> Rukkus: hey Ruk (Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:37 am)

yeh i put it in a PSC Album so you can get it there...thanks man...

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Rukkus29/

anyone else wanna take a crack at it go ahead.. Confused

Marx-Man

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

504x576 - 153 K

when you save as a jpeg make sure that these things are taken into consideration

the image size is bleow or at the size considered by the competition as legal

not quite sure if aspect ratio matters

your file size is too big... i looked at the file its like 153 kb

You see that slider with the quality when you have accepted your save location and name it gives you optimisation options

move the sslider until the kb displayed below changes to less than 125.kb

hope that helps

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

If you read my earlier post, i have tried at various sizes....all under the limitations PSC ask for!! the one i posted at photobucket is bigger....i know..i'm a newbie to the site but im not stupid...lol

Thanks anyways...

Marx-Man

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

hmm ok post your origional peice on photobucket

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome Rukkus, first off, join Advantage,(it's very inexpensive), second, start a new image, so you will not be behind the 8 ball, and you'll be able to post larger images, third, chop something good, so we will all be amazed by your skills, forth... Shocked not sure, wait for Rey Rey to tell you Rolling Eyes Laughing

Rukkus

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

i usally don't post on forms...surprised at how many people responded...i likey...i likey alot...but yeh...umma work on one of the new contest when i got some more free time, im currently job hunting/interviewing so hopfully i can sqeeze in some fun PS meditation...the one i posted has been worked on a little more... lighting, cleanup... but i thought it wasn't bad for a mid morning mind escapade(3am)...some of the work posted here is amazing.. i only hope to raise my bar to their standards....

Any clothing designers out there in PSC land???

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Whats the problem here.......?? - Reply to topic