Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Angels among us - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cafn8d

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
My suggestion, Marx-Man... start over... discard this username, PLEASE keep "Marx-Man's" personality on a short leash... etc.
Azionite wrote:
I'd have to disagree with you, Caf, on this one. True that Marxy has been a thorn in the side of many people here (in his short tenure as as PSC member), but that is part of who he is. As we become a bigger site, we are going to have differing opinions and attitudes. We as a community have to get used to the occasional screw-ball in the family.
Of course, you're right about family/community members, Azi. PSC certainly has QUITE A FEW screwballs already... most of you have just gotten more used to us by now. Wink I will say that my suggestion of a "fresh start," possibly with an alias was guilty of being in reaction (despite my intentions to remain diplomatic!) to the various pleas for Marx to quit PSC and disappear all together.
Azionite wrote:
...I think Marxy is starting to see that he has had this all wrong and I hope Marxy sees what damage he has caused and I hope that he will turn it around and start learning from this community rather than telling all of us everything that HE knows.
I agree. I think Marx is starting to come around. (You're getting on the right track, Marx.) And I think most of the rest of yours, Azi, actually agrees with most of what I tried to convey in the rest of mine. Smile
Azionite wrote:
And last but not least... let's all... Shut Up and CHOP SUMPTIN!

That'll be $150.00. Make your next appointment with the receptionist on the way out. Razz
um... you're charging for this?? I didn't charge anything... gee... uh... okay... check's in the mail... yeah... in the, uh, mail...just as soon as I buy some e-mail stamps to send it. Laughing

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Chicken wrote:
I think that little whiney 4 year old bitch needs a good shak'n!

i get roasted for saying my bit but he gets away with that... hmm

Hm... I was wondering about this, too.

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

creartist wrote:
Marx-Man wrote:
Chicken wrote:

There's ALWAYS a Chicken.When you open your locker during inspection
and a stack of nudies fallout...Chicken. When you grab a door handle and come away with a handful of vaseline....Chicken.
When you leave the pie on the sill to cool, and it dissappears...Chicken. When the toilet gets wrapped in saran wrap...Chicken.
and most important....
When someone pulls your ponytail or punches you in the shoulder everytime they walk past and it means they kinda like you....Chicken.

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

Do I have to understand this? Laughing
But thanks anyway... chicken.

cafn8d

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

creartist wrote:
Marx-Man wrote:
Chicken wrote:
Chicken's behavior is often purposefully inexcusably over-the-top like that, and he is an excellent example of Azionite's point about screwballs in the community. Most of us are used to him; we already know to apply this to Chicken:
Marx-Man wrote:
Twisted Evil

like i say people taking me literally is a major mistake
That seeming "acceptance" doesn't happen overnight...nor does it offer any appology, explanation, or excuse for the behavior in the first place.

Chicken serves as another excellent reminder for us... while he (obviously) does not consistently "play nice," his "good behavior" has dramatically increased with just a little encouragement for it. (For example: Over the summer, he created at least three breath-taking images ("Blossom" is still my desktop background). And he recently sponsored a "contest" of sorts wherein he gave two Advanatage memberships away as prizes.) He has also shown kindness and support during and after my recent tragedy.

For the longest time, I really wondered why Chicken had not not gotten banned. I thought he deserved it. I cannot tell you what a surprise it was for me, when little bit by little bit, I managed to get to know Chicken a little better, and he actually earned my friendship. That does not mean I appreciate, support, nor accept comments like the ugly one quoted above... all it means is I have learned the Chicken does not intend such comments to be taken litterally or seriously; I have learned that Chicken, even Chicken, is worth knowing, even if it did take a while.

If the resident schoolyard bully can make friends when given half a chance, the arrogant know-it-all (Marx, that's you) should have fairly good odds--given enough time and encouragement. Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

wooooooooooo it's all going off in here Shocked

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

Thx, caf.
I don't feel personally attacked by any of these "bad guy personalities". Maybe more curious and interested in their motivations. I always try to believe in the positive side of a person and I know everyone has that potential. Can be a challenge of the community to take responsibility and tickle "it" - the good part - out of them... Wink. Of course, nothing is one sided. Me neither. But I don't show too much Wink.

arcaico

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
If people made him feel welcomed from the start, he'd be a different person.

So, you saying that if he killed a whole family, mutilating the babies, and raping the girls in the family before killing them, he would still be considered innocent, cause it's not his fault, with the justify society didn't give him an opportunity?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Marx-Man

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

arcaico

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Laughing

Ohhh... you're here... I see you opened a poll... what were the options?

1. he's cool.
2. he's more than cool.
3. we love him.
4. ohhh. leave the guy alone.
5. he's a great chopper.
6. I wanna be like him one day.
7. God. Who is God? I only know Marx-man.
8. He's the best PSCer around.
9. Maybe, just MAYBE, what possibly is not true, he is a twat.

I don't see the options HE SUCKS, BAN HIM, KILL HIM, HANG HIM in there?

what happened? afraid of the feedback?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Marx-Man

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

no it would have been five options

hes a real jerk but i pressed ok and i forgot to click add and well minus that option

arcaico

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
no it would have been five options

hes a real jerk but i pressed ok and i forgot to click add and well minus that option

how's the counting so far?

edit: just checked it... 60% want yer ass outta here so far...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Angels among us - Reply to topic