Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Anybody Know Anything - Reply to topic

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

About Bryce?
Looks interesting enough...always wanted to play with it...Just downloaded the free version (bryce 5) to try it out...Anybody have it now?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

got a link? Rolling Eyes

Patre

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Digital,
I do have the Bryce program and have cursorily experimented with it. However, I wouldn't be much help to you in speeding up the learning curve because I hardly remember what I first learned about all of the creative editing protocols. I didn't want to spend the time really learning the program because I wasn't sure that it could meaningfully contribute, over a long period of time, to the kind of work we do on this site. I lacked the patience to deal with the rendering times, and thought that I could be learning more about how to use Photoshop with the time I would have used to appreciate the Bryce program.
Having said all that, I still enjoyed some of the 3D quality images the program produced. And, for me, it was always fun to creatively experiment and play with the editing tools...
Some fabulous color schemed and terrained images can be produced with this program...

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre wrote:
Hi Digital,
I do have the Bryce program and have cursorily experimented with it. However, I wouldn't be much help to you in speeding up the learning curve because I hardly remember what I first learned about all of the creative editing protocols. I didn't want to spend the time really learning the program because I wasn't sure that it could meaningfully contribute, over a long period of time, to the kind of work we do on this site. I lacked the patience to deal with the rendering times, and thought that I could be learning more about how to use Photoshop with the time I would have used to appreciate the Bryce program.
Having said all that, I still enjoyed some of the 3D quality images the program produced. And, for me, it was always fun to creatively experiment and play with the editing tools...
Some fabulous color schemed and terrained images can be produced with this program...

Thanks for the input Pat...I'm interested in seeing what kind of scenes I can dream up with it and how hard it may be to do so...Never really fiddled with a 3d program like this one before...I've seen some of the work done with it and some of it was WOW Shocked

And, Paul...I'll try to find the link...
I do dremember I downloaded it from cnet.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh yeah I've heard of Bryce..........It's located here in Alabama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_State_Mental_Hospital

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

THAT'S THE ONE!!!

Razz

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

And I thought mightybait was looney for using lightwave... now DP shows up with Bryce... you kids never learn...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
And I thought mightybait was looney for using lightwave... now DP shows up with Bryce... you kids never learn...

HEY...be gentle...it's my first time...Suggestions, Arc?

Gort

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

Thanks VW, I got checked in, this mint jello is good Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Anybody Know Anything - Reply to topic