Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I see.... (updated with Poll) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

"week advantage" vs "month advantage"

yes, I like the "month advantage"

36%

36%

[ 17 ]

no, I appreciate the work, but I liked "week advantage" more

50%

50%

[ 23 ]

For me it does not make any difference

13%

13%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 46

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

I just thought of something I might like about the 30-day advantage: it will give me the chance to criticize at lenghth the technical quality of the entries. After all - 30 days should be time enough for making picture-perfect images.

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
I just thought of something I might like about the 30-day advantage: it will give me the chance to criticize at lenghth the technical quality of the entries. After all - 30 days should be time enough for making picture-perfect images.

I usually chop the day before the contest... 1 day to work is more than enough to achieve a great result... now get this one day work and throw it on page 30 with 30 views against 200 views of page 1 craps... by the time they get to page 30, what we'll have is a whole bunch of "sorry, out of votes", that can also be translated as "sorry, voted for so many craps that I don't have more votes to spend with entries past page 15..." besides... with a week, people barely get to page 4... (just check pageviews) I wonder what will happen with the 1 month preposts... quantity doesn't mean quality... really...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

dumbat

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:31 am   Reply with quote         

i much preferred the 7 day advantage. having a whole month of source images is overwhelming, and 7 days is more than enough to produce your best quality piece of work if you put your mind to it

i have already found that i discard a source image easily now if i can't think of a good idea quickly, as there are so many more source images to pick from. in the past i have managed to come up with some good ideas by forcing myself to concentrate on a non-obvious source. it's part of the challenge, and this is lost for me now

i thought scionshade's idea of the occasional (possibly weekly) "race chop" contest was a great idea Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:17 am   Reply with quote         

if so many people are going to enter, to avert global war, maybe up the votes available per member to say..... 40 or something.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:44 am   Reply with quote         

or to avoid people not seeing some entries due to their lazyness of browsing far enough is to display the thumbnails/images in a random order instead of fifo (wich changes per session) (still keeping the advantage ones first as the advantage people still should get the advantage)

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
if so many people are going to enter, to avert global war, maybe up the votes available per member to say..... 40 or something.

ooh i don't like that idea Laughing

i think less votes is the way to go. people would (hopefully) think more carefully before voting

marcoballistic

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

maybe instead of 12 entries shown as standard when you click to open a contest, like the portfolio 24, 48 and 96 should be available. I always click view all, even when I was on crappy 56k dial up. So thats no excuse.

Also 24 on a page should be the default, not 12. then straight away a god percentage of the entries for a contest are viewable, without hoping the viewer will click the current view all option.

Granted not everyone has the time to go through 80+ entries, but they should at the very least view all the thumbs.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:30 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Granted not everyone has the time to go through 80+ entries, but they should at the very least view all the thumbs.

No time? You've got 3 days. 80 images can be viewed in less then a half an hour. that's 10 minutes per day.. I can't and won't believe someone can't take 10 minutes of his day...

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

or her day Laughing

you are right Gref, everyone sould have time

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

this days is hot to talk about the game Archlord and Dofus. How do you think about them? I just noticed it from the website www.gneedg.com ^^

FootFungas

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

If I look at a whole month of advantage my brain goes into overdrive and then it pops.

So what I do is I download the pics of the homepage calender.

I think I prefer the week ahead advantage.

And the speedchop saturday would be fun!

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

bucuo wrote:
this days is hot to talk about the game Archlord and Dofus. How do you think about them? I just noticed it from the website www.gneedg.com ^^

Shocked

TheShaman

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I would not be able to compete in Saturday speedchop contests, because I don't have the programs nor the time at home...

Thus one of the reasons I have gotten ADVANTAGE. So I can chop the weekend ones during the week, in my spare time here at work.

I would however be up for FRIDAY speedchop contests...

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

speedchop sounds indeed like fun! Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the "month advantage". It can give me more chance to chop when I find a good idea. Sometimes one week is not enough when I'm very busy. And if it happens one day that I have too much time in my hands & a very good idea, I would like to make a 40 hours chop. In one month it can be possible to do that kind of very complex image.
Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I see.... (updated with Poll) - Reply to topic