Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Eve's Grumpy Thread... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Femp, your cube rocked Very Happy it was square, but it rocked.

FootFungas

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:13 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
It's ok to have a 19 vote chop. You'll live.
Smile
Now..with the pen tool, when I pull an anchor point..the lines of it stay straight...is there some way to make them pull in a curve?

If you Use the path selection tool thats above the pen tool you will move the anchor point.

If you use the convert point tool (same place as pen tool)
You can make curves,

Also using ALT while making paths will temporarily acess the convert tool.

FootFungas

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

Smile

No! wait! this is supposed to be a hate thread!
I HATE YOU SCION! Mad
HOW DARE YOU SMILE!

Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

Mad I SAID......
blue_lurker wrote:
Pen tool I dont need no stinkin pen tool....um...er....whats a pen tool Confused

ReinMan

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

Eve - I hope your cold is better soon!

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I think the comments box needs to be used instead of PM. PMs only help the person that did the chop. BUT putting the comments in the box allow others to learn from the critique too. The problem is keeping from slapping down someone vs helping someone.

Tofu - the most important thing is just what you said - there is a difference between attack or mean-spirited comment, out-of-proportion criticism, and GOOD comment/critique = helping folks learn. There are times I've seen something and thought it was better to handle in PM (to not interfere with the vote getting potential of the image) - however I really see the comment box as a great place to receive and give education to each other. The comments that have helped me grow have come as suggestions in the open vote/comment area. Thanks here to BX3800, ReyRey, to Eve, to Krank, to Scion, to marcoballistic, to Feral Hamster, to Footfungas - and anyone else I may have inadvertantly forgotten in my casual memory list with apologies- for taking the time, for making those wonderful - helpful, educational - critical comments in votes/comments box to help me learn and improve. BX3800 and ReyRey went on to create educational PSD's/minitutorials for me to help me understand what I needed to do to correct and improve my reflections!
I'm here for the education, for me the comments box is where it starts.
So I agree, Tofu!

As a corrollary to this, this is why I greatly prefer the non-anonymous format. I want to read and see what folks say to me, but I also want to see what folks say to EACH OTHER on OTHER posts during the contest. There is no "back and forth" conversation possible in the anonymous contests. I think the educational potential and the camraderie that goes on in the exchange of comments is lost in the hidden anonymous contest.

AND also:
Scion, here is a tutorial on the pen tool that I think is really helpful - from thegoldnenmean website, I think thegoldenmean has several really thoughtful tutorials:

http://www.thegoldenmean.com/technique/pen1.html

Granulated

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I've got a cold, sore throat, etc...I'm feeling grumpy and want to say something to PSC...

I've been noticing a trend of sloppy chopping. Newbies, listen up...

#1 PS RULE WHEN CUTTING AND PASTING-- Clean chop. When cutting something out of its bkgd. use the appropriate tools PS offers, be it the pen, lasso and/or sometimes extract. Zoom in and take your time. Once you're finished, zoom in again and make sure it's cleanly cut.

...oh, and watch your shadows. They should match whatever image your placing your clean cut-out on top of.

Much appreciated.

*cough*

yeh baby !

FootFungas

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Mad I SAID......
blue_lurker wrote:
Pen tool I dont need no stinkin pen tool....um...er....whats a pen tool Confused

I used to think that when I was young and foolish.

Laughing

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, now that the contest is over and it won't sound like me whining for votes (just simply whining!)...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/108048/cat-got-your-tongue.html

Can someone tell me, Is this entry THAT bad that it only deserved 10 votes? I spent quite a while on masking the hairs on the cat and getting the dog in the bg to match.

I'm not saying it should've WON, but I thought it was worth a bit more than 10 votes. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Cool

blue_lurker

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Well mate ya right its worth more...I did not vote...dont know why...either I missed it or I did not look close enougth at the detail...prob the later...but its worth more than 10 votes...maybe 12...I kid I kid Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
Ok, now that the contest is over and it won't sound like me whining for votes (just simply whining!)...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/108048/cat-got-your-tongue.html

Can someone tell me, Is this entry THAT bad that it only deserved 10 votes? I spent quite a while on masking the hairs on the cat and getting the dog in the bg to match.

I'm not saying it should've WON, but I thought it was worth a bit more than 10 votes. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Cool

That chop made me laugh my AZ off Laughing the problem was that there were so many post for this contest, and I think a lot of peeps missed the dog in the background, but hey, I would have been happy with 10 votes Wink lol, that's just me Shocked

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
(and in another contest someone asked me which was mine. I did not reply on that pm)

may you name the horses?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
arcaico wrote:
fempie wrote:
It doesnt matter how good you chop. I noticed that I can post a high quality chop, using all source blablabla and loose from low-quality chops. And yes... I am moody too! Spending hours on a chop to see how underrated it is. And yes... I am complaining. I am sick of that ridicilous friends voting or for whatever reason some chops get overrated!
I dont understand it anymore... seems quality is indeed not important anymore. CRAP!

yes, you are complaining... I took it easy so far... but now ya asked for it...

Rey posted an ALL SOURCE GATOR... got 19 votes... Claf did quite a great job in the hit bird... 19 votes... you did a frigging cube, using just a small portion of the tire texture... 48 votes? wanna talk about fairness?

... what I dont understand is that I had a complaint without naming the entries what I was talking about.
arcaico wrote:
I took it easy so far... but now ya asked for it...

You are "attacking" me personally. And maybe you find it a frigging cube.. then why did you not comment that in the contest. I was happy with it and it took me quite some time. Being happy with my frigging cub, how you call it, is flushed. Pity that you made this personal

dutchy... when are ya gonna learn I ALWAYS take it personally... I didnīt mention it before at all cause youīre not marco or marx-man... but since ya complained, I felt compelled to do so... Iīm actually being NICE to you... I didnīt even know you did the cube at first sight... though there is a kind of pattern in your voting, Iīll leave that paranoid feeling as is... maybe Scion can dig it better...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Fempie, don't ever, ever AGREE W/ ARCAICO. Doh!

yes... agree with the fake desert bitch, that says she loves you in public forum and chat room, and right after call you despicable in a private message... thatīs the kind of people you should love.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

You're mistaking me w/ someone else around here! But thanks for the good laugh, Arc!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Eve's Grumpy Thread... - Reply to topic