Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Want a spellchecker? - Reply to topic

cafn8d

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

I just downloaded Firefox 2.0. Not only is it sleeker and faster than the previous version, but it has a built-in spell-checker that even works in the chat dialog boxes! A very thin red line underlines misspelled words... you can even right-click for suggested alternatives or to add the word to the dictionary... Hey, I've been wanting a spell-checker... now I have one! YAY! oops... it doesn't like "yay"... oh well... *right-click, add to dictionary* Laughing

http://www.mozilla.org/

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Hey, I've been wanting a spell-checker... now I have one! YAY! oops... it doesn't like "yay"... oh well... *right-click, add to dictionary* Laughing

http://www.mozilla.org/

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That is SWEET! I've been hesitant to download the release candidate just because I wasn't sure if it was entirely stable yet.

Only one way to find out! I'm going IN, cover me!

Laughing Cool

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Yeah, I've been loving that new feature as I am a pretty bad speller. Very Happy

cafn8d

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

My only *but* so far... is that I can't seem to find a preference for turning the CONSTANT spell-checking OFF... I'm either going to become a much better typist and speller, or get rather annoyed... and quickly.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Hey, I've been wanting a spell-checker... now I have one! YAY! oops... it doesn't like "yay"... oh well... *right-click, add to dictionary* Laughing
Nifty, must have missed that somehow... Why didn't you tell me before!!! All those stupid mistakes I've made public now could have been avoided...

Azionite wrote:
That is SWEET! I've been hesitant to download the release candidate just because I wasn't sure if it was entirely stable yet.

Only one way to find out! I'm going IN, cover me!

Laughing Cool
Can assure it is pretty stable, I've being using since it's release, and untill now I don't have any complaint about it... and I'm doing some pretty terrible stuff to it..

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

You can turn off the spell checker by going to Tools/Options/Advanced/General. Very Happy

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Will I still be able to use the same theme as I have with the old FireFox, I wonder? Or are there new down-loadable themes for the new FireFox 2.0? I like my theme now, I would miss it... Sad
Also, the Google toolbar has a spell checker that works on the forums and stuff. Works just like the new FireFox. Only you have to click it to check your spellings...

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:
Will I still be able to use the same theme as I have with the old FireFox, I wonder? Or are there new down-loadable themes for the new FireFox 2.0? I like my theme now, I would miss it... Sad
Also, the Google toolbar has a spell checker that works on the forums and stuff. Works just like the new FireFox. Only you have to click it to check your spellings...

A lot of the older themes don't work (yet). I am sure they are working on that though. There are several themes for 2.0.

cafn8d

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I overlooked it before (the option for turning spell-checker on or off)... on a Mac, it is under Firefox, Preferences, then Advanced, General... then the box like in BS's screen capture above...

Many themes have not yet been updated, JeNyAwT. You can go through the themes and see what versions of Firefox they claim to work for... before you update to 2.0.

FireFox 2.0 is not yet in the final version for general release... read the disclaimers. I've had no problems yet, but I only just got it.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
FireFox 2.0 is not yet in the final version for general release... read the disclaimers. I've had no problems yet, but I only just got it.

As I've had no problems with it either, I've only had it for 6 days or so.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

I've been debating on whether to download it or just wait. Since you guys are saying that it's much better and faster than the old version and are having no problems, I may just have to try it... Thanks

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ADVICE from someone who has been using it for a while already:

My advice is to go ahead and get it; I've been using it all month, and I haven't had a single issue with this version. I'm very happy with it. There are already a hundred or so new or updated themes and extensions for it, too.

dunno

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

what is it always with that firefox? Rolling Eyes

*sssshhht... go opera....* Razz

BroChris

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Why isn't the official release out yet?

Oh wait, it is! (downloading now)

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Want a spellchecker? - Reply to topic