Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Gas Prices - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Will Gas go back up after the US election Nov. 7

No

11%

11%

[ 3 ]

Yes

46%

46%

[ 12 ]

Its a Rove strategy and its all about manipulating the People to think something is going right so they keep the Republicans in office

15%

15%

[ 4 ]

who cares I ride a bike cause I got a DUI

7%

7%

[ 2 ]

Maybe..Dunno...

19%

19%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 26

ScionShade

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
armogeden wrote:
no no no no. those taxes happen on everything and by no means do we get free housing... im fairly sure america has less tax because it has so many exports etc. and ive been told we have better roads Razz

Well, heh...All I know is what I see on tv and you guys get free "FLATS"....You telling me the tv is got some kinda conspiracy just to trick me?
I don't think so! I think nobody over there has a job..I think you pay super high taxes and then that money is just given right back to you to spend again.

haha trust tv
Very Happy
nah basicly the guys with the free flats are the famillies with 7 children and neither parent works. basicaly we have to pay for thier life...

That's the same here...
maybe this weekend one of us could start another thread..
"what yer impressions of what other countries are like' then people could answer the misinterpretations.
Example: I would point at that from what i have learned watching Tv here in the US is that every woman over forty in Britain wears very old dull frumpy FLORAL pattern dresses, axcept for a small few that wear black vynil and are extreme coke addicts.OLD coke addicts.

ScionShade

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I would also point out that what I have also learned is that nearly every person in Britain is an elderly woman except for the few old doddering males which they beat with pocketbooks, and
one younger male who dresses like fonzi and they call him..Punk.

Sassy

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:44 pm   Reply with quote         

The Stink behind Gas Ilene rising... Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

and the boys just HAD to chime in...

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:31 am   Reply with quote         

Free Flats....what the hell, Someone didn't tell me about free living space.

I think you have been watching crock of ass TV Sci I am afraid. Nothing is free in the UK, and just when you think it is, they slap 50 taxes all over it to make it all better for Mr Blair.

Armo is right about the Gas/Fuel prices, I have no idea how some less well off people afford to run cars here, its stupidly expensive.

As are houses, Tv's, Electic and Gas for home, Water, hey it probably costing me £5 just to breathe for all I know. Gordon Brown (Our fool in control of the Treasury) Has a whole bag full of sexy stealth taxes, that many don't realise they are paying until its to late.

Everyone please, do come and vist the UK, but make sure you have sold all yor assets to afford the 2 week break. And lord above, don't move here, especially if you have heart problems.....oh thats another thing, don't get me started on the Nation Health Service. Sure you get medical help for free, but thanks to all the delays, not til your dead.

The american and everywhere else for that matter of paying for health care is much better. Go private my fellow UK peeps....... ok, so basically UK sucks if you like keeping your money.

Rant terminated Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

Smile
GREAT RANT!
That is nothing like what I would imagine it.
In fact, I am quite taken aback, as must we all be.
Thanks.
Personally I'd love top hear a lot more.
Great thread Sas,well, you got a litle off-topic with the cartooons,
but really great thread.
I'm afraid my picture could also be slanted, since all
the English that I meet here..and that's a lot.
My wife and I met at work...We worked for a British owned company and were two of maybe only 6 American employees they had. That's a decade ago, but we never got even the slightest hint things were that tight back "across the pond".

Sassy

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Scion...I guess I hijacked my own thread with the cartoons... Laughing

Gas Prices in Belize are very high also, we switch off between gas and butane in the trucks....

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

Well, supposedly lucky for Us sas,
Florida should be able to loock in at lower
cost after next once the fifty-fifty gas-gasahol goes into effect.

BroChris

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

Are we looking at the same graph, Scion? In 2004, gas started going back up around the end of dec. In 2005, it started going up around the beginning of dec, but came back down again in the next three months, so it didn't really start going up until around march. Also, if you check the option to show the crude oil price, you'll see that while the price of goes up with the price of crude oil, crude oil has gone up a lot more. So, really, gas should cost more than it does right now. If anything, according to your theory, the administration is doing us a huge favor in keeping gas prices down.

In reality, though, simple economics are at work, and while politics has some affect on that, there are many more factors at work.

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

Come to Norway, and get great fuel for $7 a gallon.

ScionShade

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Any way ya cut it...we're still good.
Prices hitting $2.50 a galon was above the cost of producing and selling gasahol at a profit.
Florida is already making the switch.
I dunno how many other countries could pull it off , but the US can go total gasahol in a couple years,
lock our prices per gallon at a fairly low rate and bye-bye oil.
What they have been saying here is Fla will be fifty - fifty in a couple years. That's pretty cool IMHO.

armogeden

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Free Flats....what the hell, Someone didn't tell me about free living space.

I think you have been watching crock of ass TV Sci I am afraid. Nothing is free in the UK, and just when you think it is, they slap 50 taxes all over it to make it all better for Mr Blair.

Armo is right about the Gas/Fuel prices, I have no idea how some less well off people afford to run cars here, its stupidly expensive.

Rant terminated Very Happy

hey i told you marco would step in with some detail Laughing Razz all i know is im moving to america asap Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:11 am   Reply with quote         

tax fraud everyone, lets start a revolution, they can't lock us all up.... and lets all drive away before paying for fuel Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

every gas station on earth has a hotline to the police for checking license plates. Get a rental car.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I just pulled data of the US averages for the price per gallon (ppg) of unleaded gasoline from 1996 to 2006 (from http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet for those that wanna play along).

I put the data into a spreadsheet and had it graph the month-by-month change in the average ppg. The data supports both BroChris and Scion's viewpoints. Laughing

The only years where there appears to be a strong correlation between the price of gas and the start of election season (around September) are 1997, 2001, 2003, 2005 & 2006. Shocked

Could what happened in 2001 be attributed to the release of oil from the strategic reserves?

If anyone wants the spreadsheet I've put it at http://www.wctc.net/~pooter/gas.zip for your viewing pleasure.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Gas Prices - Reply to topic