Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Please look at this comment - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
.By the way, can someone tell me what specifically cladio is being accused of having done?
The last claudio controversy was, by far, the funniest thing I'd ever witnessed on PSC.

The funniest thing... are you talking about his "Safe Scissors" entry? It was hilarious! After that, it's not easy to believe he can play fair. Laughing

I thing since claudio clearly won this contest...
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/92428/votes.html
... by a good help from his Brazilian friends (presunto, blitzleo, LNC, buratto, risata_dg, his wife Denise... but here presunto also voted for others -- thanks!), some like Scionshade keep an eye on what's going on with the funny claudio.
Now, for sure he's not too much keeping his contest anonymous.
At least, he can ask them to vote for other entries too, especially when those entries are better than his chop.
Anyway, I dont care! If he's figuring it's fair & happy about it... good for him! Laughing
But it's sad for the one who made a better chop. Raising Brow

Soze

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

This is the first time i look into contest forum.
I have to tell only this:
I'm italian and you all can see this from may very bad english.
the votes that i give to all contests (i try every time to give it all), are not friendly votes.
I have my friends only in my town and not in photoshopcontest.
I give my votes to what i like and to other italian contests. i don't know why someone has to be angry for this.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Geeze Fella's, if Scion is correct, then I am no longer voting, cuz you is all my friends, some of you friends chop better than other friends, and some of you friends have more style than the other friends, and some friends are more consistent than other friends, but your still my friends, I know this because if I was anywhere in the world, and any PSC chopper was within a few miles of a bar, they would come over and buy me a beer, so with that in mind, I'm embarking on the "Buy Pauli a beer tour!"...no wait, my Dr. told me not to get too excited about not having any friends like, or was that having too many friends... who are we talking about?

Sassy

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Paul Von Stetina"]

Geeze Fella's, if Scion is correct, then I am no longer voting, cuz you is all my friends, some of you friends chop better than other friends, and some of you friends have more style than the other friends, and some friends are more consistent than other friends, but your still my friends, I know this because if I was anywhere in the world, and any PSC chopper was within a few miles of a bar, they would come over and buy me a beer, so with that in mind, I'm embarking on the "Buy Pauli a beer tour!"...no wait, my Dr. told me not to get too excited about not having any friends like, or was that having too many friends... who are we talking about?

I LISTEN TO THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ..THEY TELL ME WHO TO VOTE AND BUY BEER FOR..

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Sci likes a good old conspiracy theory! Wink

blue_lurker

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Sits next ta anfa....pass the crisps mate and have another beer mate...this is lookin good huh. Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I found a Airbus to pick up all my friends Laughing

anfa

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

What music we got lads?

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

dunno

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

EJH... could one interpret your words in the way that you see here a problem with people voting an average entry up to the top?
Last time i tried to talk about that, you were babbling something about dancing monkeys. but thanks for your input anyway...

Back to topic, it is a constant issue here on PSC. As far as i know (and have heard) there were always aliases, friends votes and vote whoring and it has always been a problem.
Personally i find "real" friends voting almost natural on such a site. Even if it is unfair and certainly "discriminating" newbies, there won't be a way around it. PSC is a community and as such basic social rules and behaviors apply. If you see a "friend's" post, you vote for it. Fine. I am doubting that such things are used to make somebody intentionally a winner.
More of a problem i see in vote whoring. I would even consider "to imply to newbies that one is a great chopper and their "friend" to make them voting for that person" as a kind of it. Bad thing imo, since it significantly distorts the normal voting, which got recently even more interesting with all the nice prizes everybody wants to win.
Using aliases for voting is not even worth to talk about.
To put it short, vote whoring and aliases i also see as cheating and i find it a good thing to point such cases out.
The major problem is, that PSC lacks a system against that. It depends on "personal investigations" and a long-term knowledge of the site and the people here. And if somebody is caught then there are no "official" rules how to deal with it.
It makes it generally hard to accuse somebody and it could, of course, lead to hunts for persons who are actually "clean". That is what Scionshade meant. If you start "seeing patterns" (hi arc Wink ) you better shut up because you could as well be wrong. If you say something, you have to count on contra, discussions and conspiracy theories and still no "official" support.
Since i have no idea how it could be handled, i can only say...cheating is bad. If one is (obviously) suspicious it must be allowed to bring it up and if there is proof it should have consequences.

Hmmm

...and that nobody says now i was too short or did not entertain you!

mmm... ok, for the "visual orientated" of you i'll put it in pictures:

you play like

and someone sees it

then we like

... and now somebody hand me some chips and beer pls...

Smile

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Fish AND Chips AND Beer

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey paul, you not got no Pearl Jam or The Cult?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Please look at this comment - Reply to topic