Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - what went wrong? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Good artwork, but not what I would look for when voting on a photomanipulation contest.

nevet

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
Good artwork, but not what I would look for when voting on a photomanipulation contest.

it's called photoshop contest not photomanipulation contest......
and i did use photoshop.....

and what about this entry? http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/62272/display.html

blue_lurker

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:45 am   Reply with quote         

This is what Im on about, nevet your good enought to take this on the chin...let it go. This is why this place is going down hill ya cant have a winning chop every time or even score over 10 votes...it was never about the votes or the wins...look at my portfolio lots n lots and lots of low votes with hour and hours of work, Ive seen better chops and below averge chops whoop ma ass after putting hours and hours of work in...ever see me complain, ever see Anfa or Bill or any of the top choppers complain about why there chop is not doing well.

You got a low vote suck it up and move on man...trying to find other images to prove your point aint a good move either. (Just between you and me Mezo's vector work is outstanding and worth every vote she gets)

I know its disapointing to see a lot of work get few votes but let it go and take the best advice I can give ya...it was given to me from an age old chopper.

Shut The F**k Up and Chop.

Keep it real and remember where here to enjoy.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:37 am   Reply with quote         

As with everything in life, people will always have differing opinions on things: what one person likes, the next person hates, it's the nature of the beast.

It matters not what others think of your work dude, what matters, is what YOU think of your work Wink

FootFungas

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

I like the illustration but the source was small and unimportant.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

Nevet, votes come and go - I've had some I thought would do better, and I can empathisize with your feelings of disappointment- but at the end of the day, it is more important to concentrate on being playful with your imagination, and learning something to improve skills.
did YOU enjoy MAKING this image? Did you learn anything? If its yes to either of these, then you've had a POSITIVE outcome.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:
well, i do have advantage Hmmm
my entry was in the bottom of the pre-posts tho....
so basicly what you are saying is people without advantage has no chance?

I wouldn' say that people withouth advantage have no chance, but it's frigging hard (and I know what I'm talking about).

If you're going for votes, you need to give people what they want, be it photorealism, humor (maybe both) or a dozen other winning strategies.

Regarding your entry - I'm on the same page as MindGraph. It certainly looks like a minor addition to a clipart outside source, which BTW says a lot about your illustrator skills, it would have helped if you had added a few words to describe your original work. If you were going to do a source-inspired illustration, it would work better if the 'source' was more prominent (see my recent dinosaur entry)

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
This is what Im on about, nevet your good enought to take this on the chin...let it go. This is why this place is going down hill ya cant have a winning chop every time or even score over 10 votes...it was never about the votes or the wins...look at my portfolio lots n lots and lots of low votes with hour and hours of work, Ive seen better chops and below averge chops whoop ma ass after putting hours and hours of work in...ever see me complain, ever see Anfa or Bill or any of the top choppers complain about why there chop is not doing well.

You got a low vote suck it up and move on man...trying to find other images to prove your point aint a good move either.

'Nuff said. Cool

Kansas

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

'Nuff said. Cool

I bet not! Laughing

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

actually i agree...

Showcase

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:

While the site IS called photoshopcontest, many users use other applications to get their results. It is NOT photoshop exclusive.
The trick for this website is to manipulate the given daily image.
you didn't do too much of that and others did. It cost you votes.

nevet wrote:

Mezopunk was a hugely popular, both in chops and as a member....this got her votes. Her style (ie SHE) was always voted on well. I agree that that image shouldnt have gotten any more votes than yours.

You can deny what people here have said but you'll only get more frustrated. The images that represents more change to the starting image will always get more votes than others (always=more than 90% of the time Smile ).

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

You got a low vote suck it up and move on man...trying to find other images to prove your point aint a good move either. (Just between you and me Mezo's vector work is outstanding and worth every vote she gets)

I know its disapointing to see a lot of work get few votes but let it go and take the best advice I can give ya...it was given to me from an age old chopper.

Shut The F**k Up and Chop.

Keep it real and remember where here to enjoy.

Good god Blueker, Nevet just wanted some insight as to why it didnt do well. I thought thats what this site was about too?

Telling people to Shut the F**ck up and chop doesnt help. You tell that to a newbie and they might not get that you're somewhat senile Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:

Good god Blueker, Nevet just wanted some insight as to why it didnt do well. I thought thats what this site was about too?

Telling people to Shut the F**ck up and chop doesnt help. You tell that to a newbie and they might not get that you're somewhat senile Very Happy

It's ok... Blues just feeling a bit down under today.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Show
STFUAC
its been a while Razz

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

and what about this entry? http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/62272/display.html

Whatever, man. Could have been done just as easily on paper. As I said, not what I look for.

And no, I wouldn't have voted for that one. The pen body is kinda crappy.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - what went wrong? - Reply to topic