Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What if the PSC site was shut down tomorrow? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

MindGraph

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

I'm sorry but I feel the need to say something. I come to this site to see what I can learn and have some fun and meet people from all over the world and it gives me a great release from my day. Personally I don't see the harm in that.To me that's what this site is about. It's actually a great site but around the corners all I'm seeing lately are some people complaining, accusing and whatever other crap they are doing. People that don't submit anything, don't vote but yet point the finger at others for what their doing wrong. If your not participating in the site but just hangin out to complain....PICK ANOTHER SITE!! If people are actually cheating to get votes...SO WHAT! That's their problem and if they can live with it so be it. You don't get ahead that way so eventually it will catch up. I'm not accusing anyone but others are. This has been a great site for me since I joined and I have learned alot from the others who do see the site for what it is. We should have fun and if ya get a vote or two for something you thought up consider it a bonus. If you win...great job! If you don't....great job too for just participating! I like seeing what people think up from the originals although some concern me (even mine) but I really do enjoy the site and everyone here. But I've been seeing too many party crashings lately and felt the need to say something. I am not writing this because someone personally trashed me although that may happen now (oh well...comes with opening your mouth) but let's have fun and if you can't....take a breather cause if this site was taken down tomorrow the little stuff wouldn't matter. done......... Wink

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

amen to that MG, great points, and thanks for bringing it up Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

yes, MG, great post...and I agree completely~!

Showcase

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

So basically, you're COMPLAINING that this site isnt running the way you'd like to see it go and that there is too much complaining lately?

I find that somewhat ironic. Laughing

Remember MG, Why you visit and what you get out of PSC may not be the same for the next user. Some take it serious, some not so serious. You gotta take the good with the bad. sorry.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
If people are actually cheating to get votes...SO WHAT! That's their problem and if they can live with it so be it.

...and in addition to my last comment...
For those that come here to compete, it is a problem for them.

You also mention how trivial this site is in the whole scheme of things and then suggest that if someone whores "and can live" with themselves afterwards...like they are committing some big injustice to the world.

which is it...trivial...or not?

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
I'm sorry but I feel the need to say something. ... It's actually a great site but around the corners all I'm seeing lately are some people complaining, accusing and whatever other crap they are doing....

Amen to that!

My company's time is precious and when I steal it to surf PSC, I don't want to have to sift through threads of people droning on about how they think this site could improve or about rampant improprieties that prevent people from winning. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

When I log on to PhotoshopContest, I want to see Youtube links of morbidly obese women dancing.

And I'm here to read jokes that people have pasted from forwarded emails.
Because for me, PSC is about "50 reasons why shoes are better than men".

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

If the PSC site were shut down tommorow there'd be no more spammers! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MindGraph

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

People that don't submit anything, don't vote but yet point the finger at others for what their doing wrong. If your not participating in the site but just hangin out to complain....PICK ANOTHER SITE!!
I guess we can pick what we want out of what I said but if you read the whole thing it kind of goes together. Again it's my opinion and I'm not making you agree but thanks for commenting either way.
Showcase wrote:
MindGraph wrote:
If people are actually cheating to get votes...SO WHAT! That's their problem and if they can live with it so be it.

...and in addition to my last comment...
For those that come here to compete, it is a problem for them.

You also mention how trivial this site is in the whole scheme of things and then suggest that if someone whores "and can live" with themselves afterwards...like they are committing some big injustice to the world.

which is it...trivial...or not?

blue_lurker

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

BAck on topic
Q. What if the PSC site was shut down tomorrow?
A. Be sad, move on, and find a site that let me do the things I do. (Has to allow midget wrestlin)

gravyboat

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry MG but for the first time ever I'm gonna agree with Show on this one. The whoring and cheating get pretty tiresome and annoying.

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Now that the site offers prizes for winning images, more attention has been directed toward some who like to "share" their posts in anonymous comps. It happens. I've witnessed it in chat.

Members who have been on this site for a long time want to ensure the playing field is level...that's all. The mods don't have time to hang out here all the time. Some members feel the need to speak up when a consistent pattern of voting becomes evident, all for the good of the site. I don't believe anyone intends to take away another's fun or enjoyment of using Photoshop. It's quite the opposite, imho.

There is a little bit of naivite in believing that all members play fairly.

Showcase

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

MG, who are these people you're complaining about? Everyone has a fair share at posting their comments, whether you like them or not. Thats not a matter of opinion, its a matter of fact. I, for example, can participate in the forums without participating in the contests and thats just the way I like it these days.

Like it or not, when PSC added prize contests, the entire dynamics of this site changed. It's my guess that the complaining has only begun.

People will feel cheated that they didnt get enough votes, conspiracy theories will be numerous, and many are going to take it much more serious than, apparently, you would like.

should liven this place up a bit...

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

If it was about a YEAR ago, I'd probably be rather sad.

Now? I can truthfully take it or leave it.

Too BIG.
Too COMPLEX.
Too blah blah blah.
Too "GOAL" oriented in a Non-Photoshop way.

Huh..

But: Thanks for asking! Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ok...if you want to put it in a much simpler way....your right. The site has grown in different ways than before and maybe it's just that. I'm not used to it yet. Good point.
ReinMan wrote:

Too BIG.
Too COMPLEX.
Too blah blah blah.

Huh..

Showcase

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Too BIG.
Too COMPLEX.
Too blah blah blah.

Huh..

Im sorry...you dont participate enough...no complaining allowed Razz

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What if the PSC site was shut down tomorrow? - Reply to topic