Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - US-Elections - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

mikey

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked Borat!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Did someone say SHEEP???

Sassy

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="digitalpharaoh"]Did someone say SHEEP???

""Last week the President invoked the principle of freedom, and how it can
transform nations, and empower people around the world.

But, almost in the same breath, the President openly acknowledged that he has ordered
the government to spy on Americans, on American soil, without the warrants required by law.

The President issued a call to spread freedom throughout the world, and then he admitted that
he has deprived Americans of one of their most basic freedoms under the Fourth Amendment
- to be free from unjustified government intrusion.

The President was blunt, so I will be blunt: This program is breaking the law, and this President is breaking the law.
Not only that, he is misleading the American people in his efforts to justify this program.""

Russ Feingold on Bush

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

you are basically just rehashing to me what Paul and I just worked out..
it goes along w/ me protesting the first war....
It goes along with me voting twice for Ross Perot....
I've been awake for thirty years....suddenly
you guys are 'starting' and I mean 'starting' to wake up...
Unfortunately the evidence so far points to the new breed
having a tendency to have no answers, fall back on racial prejudices, basically drag up every paranoid delusion
ever to become popular and incorporate it.
You'll know we are on the same page when you can say you'd vote for Ross if he were running today.
Anyone knowing the real deal knows he's the only horse we ever had.

Sassy

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
you are basically just rehashing to me what Paul and I just worked out..
it goes along w/ me protesting the first war....
It goes along with me voting twice for Ross Perot....
I've been awake for thirty years....suddenly
you guys are 'starting' and I mean 'starting' to wake up...
Unfortunately the evidence so far points to the new breed
having a tendency to have no answers, fall back on racial prejudices, basically drag up every paranoid delusion
ever to become popular and incorporate it.
You'll know we are on the same page when you can say you'd vote for Ross if he were running today.
Anyone knowing the real deal knows he's the only horse we ever had.

I did vote for Perot ....Your not getting it ..their is no election coming up where people would feel pressured to vote a certain way with this info its a good time to lay it out.The reason I bring it up is to make people think and re-look at our "system" laying out the facts and hoping some will realize the old ways just are not working and we need to do things different in order to not end up with Rich or Poor in this country becasue we are in the process of losing the middle class as has been predicted for years...the vote on Tuesday gives me hope that people are ready to look at this different...or not...I dunno but it was worth a shot (tequila please)

If shit hit the fan all over the world at once the US would be screwed since we outsource Everything now...66% of what comes thru the Panama Canal s heading for the East Coast of US..we don't do anything here anymore which means til China could figure out a way to get us their goods we will be without alot.

In the foreign Countries I have been to they don't buy from the US ..noone buys anything from us cause we don't make anything...

For years People have ignored and trusted in the goverment being able to take care of them in an emergency ..one word...Katrina.

And whatever you do ..Don't give up your guns,you may need them..or maybe not.

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

Yayaya I got that from ya Paul... Laughing Laughing Shocked Cool

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

The US elections was a first step to a nice change.
I think the US deserves better than those Republicans & Fundamentalist Christians for sure.
Is it stange to mix politics & religion? I always thought religion has nothing in common with power & politics.

FootFungas

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
On that subject..i just said to somebody else that we lost our right to property last year, and America didn't even blink.heh.

My parents got eminent domanied out of their house in the 90's
The house got turned into a parking lot for the school.

Sassy wrote:
And whatever you do ..Don't give up your guns,you may need them..or maybe not.

Thats the smartest thing Ive heard All day

Quote:
After passage of the 1968 gun-control act, the number of robberies jumped from 138,000 in 1965 to 376,000 in 1972, while murders committed with guns increased from 5,015 to 10,379 in the same period. According to the Census Bureau, the proportion of cases in which the murder weapon was a firearm rose from 57.2 percent to 65.6 percent.

Quote:
In 1976, Washington, D.C., instituted one of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. The murder rate since that time has risen 134 percent (77.8 per 100,000 population)

Quote:
Vermont has the least restrictive gun-control law. It recognizes the right of any Vermonter who has not otherwise been prohibited from owning a firearm to carry concealed weapons without a permit or license. Yet Vermont has one of the lowest crime rates in America, ranking 49 out of 50 in all crimes and 47th in murders.

Quote:
Texas is a good example. In the early 1990s, Texas’s serious crime rate was 38 percent above the national average. Since then, serious crime in Texas has dropped 50 percent faster than for the nation as a whole. All this happened after passage of a concealed-carry law in 1994.

I know you've heard this before but....
Quote:
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

I have guns...wait...so what does that make...me...?
Shocked

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Vermont has the least restrictive gun-control law. It recognizes the right of any Vermonter who has not otherwise been prohibited from owning a firearm to carry concealed weapons without a permit or license. Yet Vermont has one of the lowest crime rates in America, ranking 49 out of 50 in all crimes and 47th in murders.

Vermont ranked 49th in population in the US with around 625000 people.
Montpelier, the Vermont capital's population is 7500.
It's just because there's nobody to kill there!
Laughing

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Vermont ranked 49th in population in the US with around 625000 people.
Montpelier, the Vermont capital's population is 7500.
It's just because there's nobody to kill there!
Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sassy

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
The US elections was a first step to a nice change.
I think the US deserves better than those Republicans & Fundamentalist Christians for sure.
Is it stange to mix politics & religion? I always thought religion has nothing in common with power & politics.

Claf The FundaMENTALists VOTE so in 2004 Karl Rove and Co. (Bushs Spin Doctor) made promises regarding "right to life" (abortion and life support) to them if they voted for Bush and so they did and he won.

Unfortunately for Bush the Terri Shaivo Case came to a head and believe me it was a circus down here in Florida when the debate of taking her off Life Support came up...they demanded that Bush stick to the promises he made at election time and pulled his brother, our now soon to be Ex Governor Jeb into the mess.they were also very intent on overturning Roe vs. Wade

I know some of the Shaivo family members as this took place in my County and it was a media zoo for them and it shows the Importance of having a living will so your wish's are carried out if you are ever in a situation where you cannot speak for yourself...verbal does not cut it and Terri is the example of that.If nothing else positive came of this at least alot of people made their wish's known in writing in a legal document.

"The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution, but rather is derived from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a group identifying themselves as the Danbury Baptists. In that letter, quoting the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, he writes: "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

Hmmmmm dosen't say anything about them being exempted from Taxes... Laughing but what it seems to say is the state cannot interfere in the church but the church can intefrere with the State...I dunno maybe I am reading it wrong

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

BTW its called a Living Will and an attorney draws it up and the other thing I learned from being a Medical Surrogate to a few elderly clients with just distant relatives is to put the clause:

"If anyone contests this will they are automaticially disinherited"

..money does ugly things to people and I have seen it tear apart families I am sure every Country has a proper legal way to word that...

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy wrote:
The FundaMENTALists VOTE

There goes the name calling again.
I'm sure you think it's funny, but I don't go around saying every liberal is a baby killer, so it'd be appreciated to be treated with a little respect in turn.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - US-Elections - Reply to topic