Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rey Rey is alive!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

ReyRey

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

Hey ya'll.
Today has been the first day in a while where I could actually sit a type something. Thank you all for all the kind words and thoughts. My family and I had a rough couple of weeks but I think we are ok now. As most of you know, my appendix ruptured and I had a Doctor keep me in the hospital for three days and then send me home with it still in my belly. I went to see my doctor when I returned and he could no believe it. He talked to a surgeon that he knew and he could not believe it. He made me go right to the hospital for another CAT scan. He was very nervous abought not taking the appendix out but he sent me home saying, "If the infection shrinks and your white blood cell counts get to a good level we can take it out easier later,but I want to see or hear from you everyday. This is very dangerous." Well, it all sounded like a good plan, but knowing that you have a time bomb in your stomach is not easy to live with. I started getting pain and horrible uncontrollable panic attacks and was rushed to the hospital Via ambulance. My 2 year old and 4 year old were watching. My Surgeon met me there and said "let's get this thing out!"
They had to cut me open and wash out all my innards because of the infection. They said I could have died. (that was fun)While I was being operated on, I stopped breathing so they shoved a tube down my throat. When they pulled the tube out my lungs filled up with blood and fluid. I was breathing pink foam. (pretty)
I woke up in intesive care where I spent a couple of days until they could get me breathing normal again and clear my lungs.
Once my lungs were clear, they put me in a room. They were still worried about my white blood cell count because it as extremely high. They brought in a speciallist who mentioned "lukemia". With all this great information, the panic attacks went into overdrive! They felt like mini heart attacks every ten minutes. This lasted for days! After a week and a half they said my white bllod cell count was coming down. Still very high, but coming down. They ruled out Lukemia, (yeah) Oh did I mention that one night I had a terrible pain in my kidney and even the pain meds would not help it go away until I passed a kidney stone!!! Yes, a F$#!ng kidney stone. Wow, that was fun.
After all this entertainmaint they sent me home with a whole bunch of antibiotics and told me to check in with them every day. Well, my fevers started to return with the Panic attacks so I had to go to the emergency room where they gave me something to calm me down. (Adivan?) I seem to be getting better everyday (Except that the antibiotics keep me on the toilet most of the day) but the fevers went away and the Panic attacks are not so bad.
While all this was happening my poor wife had to take care of the kids, The cat died, She got pulled over by a cop on the way to the hospital and got a ninety dollar ticket. Now she is taking care of me and our two kids. Our anniversary is on Valentines day. I hope I am well enough to spoil her.
Well anyways, Thank you all again and thanks for trying to keep my "a year ago today" thread alive. I can't believe the changes since I have been gone. My best of luck (not that I have any) to JMH in his new ventures, Peace.
ReyRey

supak0ma

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

omg! best wishes to you man, what bad luck! Shocked

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Dear Reyrey - so glad to hear from you! Sending best wishes to you that you continue on the mend! here's hoping for a nice valentines for Katrina!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

glad ya keeping busy Rey Laughing

seriously, glad to hear your officially on the mend, I think you will find your wife will spoil you on V day bud, all the best and keep us up to date Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

Oh yeah good escuse for not being here when all hell broke out..."nearly died"...come on man you can do better than that dude.

Good to hear ya feeling better amn and take the blue pills first thing before ya chop cause they help ya see things no one else can see. Laughing

ReyRey

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hey where are you guys getting those cool cartoon avatars? (Marco and Blue)

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

Glad to see you are back, and I'm wishing, health and happiness for the rest of the year for you and your family!

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

I'll answer for them..

the avatars :

http://www.dookyweb.com/avatars.swf

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Hey where are you guys getting those cool cartoon avatars? (Marco and Blue)

Check the "Avatar Generator" thread and you'll be able to make your own.

Good to hear you're on the mend for real this time. Anything we can do to help out with ensuring a good V-Day for Katrina? Maybe we could all help do photo montages or chops for her on your behalf? Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

that's a great idea Tofu!

Tesore

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome home! Very Happy
And take it easy, you hear Wink
http://kronka.com/photos/albums/china-2005/good-luck.jpg
For good luck!

anfa

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Good to hear you are getting better mate. Now STFUAC!! Wink

Heinlein

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Rey Rey, I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. I was really worried about you.

Take care.

Jim Smile

ScionShade

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

It's VERY good to hear that yer gonna be ok. Welcome back HeyHey.

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome home CP3Rey,

Glad to see you up and rooming the PSC halls again ReyRey. Many of us around here got really worried about ya. Your wife stopped by and gave us updates on your condition. All of us here at the psc wish you the best in your recovery. Smile

-dbbowling

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rey Rey is alive!! - Reply to topic