Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Bert Monroy: interesting techniques - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Crowned

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Bert Monroy is a retard... he did a couple of tutorials on Lynda.com... but most of them sucks badly, and he reacts to them as if they were a big deal...

itīs ok for newbies, not that newbies are retards... but a good chopper canīt take much valuable stuff from him...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ScionShade

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I learn more from Bert than I do from PSD's! Very Happy
What i don't like about bert is he explains the obvious, meanwhile blasting at high speed through shortcut trix
as if everyone knows them. BUT worth watching anyway.

mikey

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

For a retard" Bert does some of the best photoshop work I've ever seen! Shocked The greats always get criticized" I think the word is...Jealousy" Rolling Eyes he may have some lame tutorials, but his work speaks for itself! Wink amen.

arcaico

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:53 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
For a retard" Bert does some of the best photoshop work I've ever seen! Shocked

you haven't seen enough then Mickey...

mikey wrote:
The greats always get criticized" I think the word is...Jealousy" Rolling Eyes he may have some lame tutorials, but his work speaks for itself! Wink amen.

well... once he's not great, guess jealousy doesn't apply... put him beside Rey and Claf, and I bet one of the two will get a job offer...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ScionShade

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:03 am   Reply with quote         

HAHAH! That's a pretty tall order Brudder!
Ya HAVE to admit though he does stuff that just aint worth the tons of hours put in, he does stuff amazingly well.

mikey

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

Oh I've seen the best of the best ark" I didn't say Bert was the best in the world but he dont suck! Rolling Eyes we all know whats out there" just do a google search for photoshop masters and sites, there are artists that will blow your mind! Shocked word?
And also vector art is quite amazing too! Cool

ScionShade

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

I'm seriously considering picking up the paint brush again. aw hell, that's addictive.
the house always becomes the canvas. Hope the neighbors appreciate the 9 foot tall Jesus in an Armani suit.

Granulated

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
mikey wrote:
For a retard" Bert does some of the best photoshop work I've ever seen! Shocked

you haven't seen enough then Mickey...

mikey wrote:
The greats always get criticized" I think the word is...Jealousy" Rolling Eyes he may have some lame tutorials, but his work speaks for itself! Wink amen.

well... once he's not great, guess jealousy doesn't apply... put him beside Rey and Claf, and I bet one of the two will get a job offer...

I agree..look at this crap he did

ScionShade

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

Gran, Arc's been an old friend of many years to PSC , and teacher. He may have gotten Bert confused with someone else, SINCE it is such an easy thing to do since old BERT does 'other' things he is well known for in PS ?
Not to mention that Bert is as weird as peewee Herman,Crispin Glover, AND Greenfloyd rolled into one.
That's the first thing to come to mind when anyone mentions him.
Not to mention that Bert chops at the highest skill level possible,
creating amazing masterpieces of perfection and total.....boredom.

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

I didn't know Bert Monroy. Thanks to share it!
I thought the animation videos look like crap. But his hyperrealistic illustrations are absolutely great.
Technically, there's a lot of artists on our little planet able to reproduce pictures so well.
I dont want to look like pretentious but I'm able to make high quality illustrations like that. Also I know 3 other illustrators only in Montreal enough talented to do it. BUT... I say BUT... I"m not sure but I think I never saw an artist enough crazy & patient to work 2000 hours on one image. That's totally crazy & awsome!
I never worked more than 100 hours on an illustration... I dont think I want to do more than that!
Here's a link about one of the local artist I'm talking about... he's doing hyperrealistic acrylic painting... it's more difficult & asking more skills than working on PS:
http://pages.mlink.net/~francois/Tablo01.html

Smile

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

Oooops! I looked back at the animation videos... more than only the 30 first seconds... not bad! Huh..

Granulated

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Gran, Arc's been an old friend of many years to PSC , and teacher. He may have gotten Bert confused with someone else, SINCE it is such an easy thing to do since old BERT does 'other' things he is well known for in PS ?
Not to mention that Bert is as weird as peewee Herman,Crispin Glover, AND Greenfloyd rolled into one.
That's the first thing to come to mind when anyone mentions him.
Not to mention that Bert chops at the highest skill level possible,
creating amazing masterpieces of perfection and total.....boredom.

ahh..fair enough

ScionShade

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

My new socks shrunk in the wash.carp.

ReyRey

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I saw Burt once and I have great respect for him but he did not teach me anything that I did not know.
I don't consider him a artist as much as I see him as a very skilled craftsmen with a lot of free time.
He knows photoshop inside and out and he has a lot of patience but they are not the most interesting images.
If you forget about the fact that he created it little by little in Photoshop and just look at it as an image,...it's not that great. Confused
Ya know what I mean?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Bert Monroy: interesting techniques - Reply to topic