Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Bert Monroy: interesting techniques - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mikey

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Shiny happy acrylics Claf! Very Happy.... I know what your saying Rey" only if people know what went into a photoshop picture is key, not the final image itself. potato, potartoe" Laughing

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I don't consider him a artist as much as I see him as a very skilled craftsmen with a lot of free time.
He knows photoshop inside and out and he has a lot of patience but they are not the most interesting images.

Yup! I agree! Smile

Crowned

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with most of you. But I think that if someone's work is featured in most of the magazines that means he has made it. Isn't it about exposure and recognition??

mikey

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Crowned wrote:
I agree with most of you. But I think that if someone's work is featured in most of the magazines that means he has made it. Isn't it about exposure and recognition??

I agree" Cool

arcaico

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:34 am   Reply with quote         

Crowned wrote:

most of the times it's called "contacts"...

anyway, what's the point on knowing how to do it but not WHAT to do? It's not enough to know the technique... for instance... Alex's change of perspective is something I've never seen Bert doing... Bert knows how to do it, make lame tutorials (Bert's Ly'nda's tutorials SUCKS BADLY), and for that, is iconized... he's a kind of marco's reverse.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:00 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh there it is Laughing , ahhhh i'll be smiling for the rest of the day now, cheers Fab Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

I like Bert.

arcaico

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

I prefer Monro'e'...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

mikey

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

I guess Bert has a lot of stuff to work out" Rolling Eyes

mikey

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

Bert is an accomplished teacher and lecturer who has served on the faculty of The School of Visual Arts (NYC), Center for Creative Imaging (ME), Dynamic Graphics Educational Foundation (IL), California College of Arts & Crafts (CA) and lectures at many other institutions and conferences around the world. He currently teaches at San Francisco State University. Bert is also a featured speaker at many world-wide conferences and is part of the Photoshop Dream Team of Photoshop World. Rolling Eyes

ScionShade

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Not to mention that Bert chops at the highest skill level possible,
creating amazing masterpieces of perfection and total.....boredom.

DOGGONIT! I SAID IT FIRST!

ScionShade

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

Crowned wrote:

DOGGONIT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so ANOTHER THING!
How many times we gotta watch the DUAGHTER
of somebody famous get the starring role in a movie,
no matter how bad she sucks just because she is the duaghter of somebody famous?
SAME THING!!!!!!!!
In order to get into acting, you'll have all the opportunity in the world if you're Lionel richie's daughter or your dad's name is Hilton....
But just because you are Nicole Richie or Paris Hilton (EXAMPLES OF EXPOSURE AND RECOGNITION) doesn't mean you are worth a dog darn thing and YOU ARE TAKING WORK away from TRUE Artistic acting talent by parking your chubby overused
privy parts on MY TV SCREEN!
So, exposure,connections...incredibly helpful...
integrity has nothing to do with that.
You have the heart of an artist or you don't.
PS. I have no doubt that a second rate chopper like myself
can do chops as good as Monroy...it is the time that is amazing, not so much the work, anyone willing to work on it till it's somewhat perfected can be Bert.

mikey

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Bert" where's Ernie? Laughing

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

mikey

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

CHOP THE BROCCOLLI!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Bert Monroy: interesting techniques - Reply to topic