Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Here's a thought - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

Ok...it's early, but I had this idea and I'd like to know if anyone thinks it's decent...

What if we had our own little site/page of "community external sources"? We could post photos that could be shared amongst ourselves to use in chops...make requests for certain items or scenes...Would that lead to a lot of the same external being used?
Is it a good idea? I have tons of photos that I might be willing to share if anyone else goes along with it...

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Beer?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

Pint of Stella please Steve Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

For Marco:

NOW then...what about my idea? Any merit at all? or should I just STFUAC?
Laughing Shocked Smile

Micose

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

good idea Cool
janetdog

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like a great idea.

However, I could see it quickly becoming the cliche discount wherehouse. (maybe not such a bad thing)

I grab probably 20 pictures for every contest. sometimes way, way more. How could they be indexed? A file called wrecknopurse.jpg
has nothing to do with fish. I can see 35 penguin.jpg pictures being loaded to a server!

With a little planning and a few rules towards indexing, this could be a legacy of sorts for great images. I look for interesting people. Some get chopped, most get filed away. I'd be happy to share and give them a chance at psc immortality!

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Sounds like a great idea.

However, I could see it quickly becoming the cliche discount wherehouse. (maybe not such a bad thing)

I grab probably 20 pictures for every contest. sometimes way, way more. How could they be indexed? A file called wrecknopurse.jpg
has nothing to do with fish. I can see 35 penguin.jpg pictures being loaded to a server!

With a little planning and a few rules towards indexing, this could be a legacy of sorts for great images. I look for interesting people. Some get chopped, most get filed away. I'd be happy to share and give them a chance at psc immortality!

Well...after more thinking...

Yes...there could be some really silly photos submitted...but if we keep it strictly for images to add to chops, I think that we could have some very nice images to pull from if everyone submitted some really good, hi-res shots.

Indexing?? Well...maybe by subject...scenic/penguin/hard hat...etc.

I was just thinking that I, for one am kinda worn out with my usual external sites and end up shooting what I need to use half the time...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmmmmmm beer good, idea good, me man grrrrrrr

janetdog

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Indexing?? Well...maybe by subject...scenic/penguin/hard hat...etc.

I was just thinking that I, for one am kinda worn out with my usual external sites and end up shooting what I need to use half the time...

Some tags could be added to help with the indexing. Like wildlife, birds, toucans, fruit loops, green, wormeater etc.

Maybe they could be open for user edited tags and a history list, with url's for the images they were used in. Even better, Set it up like a library where images may be checked out(copied). Have contest/username as the library card. That way everything would be recorded for posterity.

i've taken many snapshots in my pursuit of big time chopping! Usually to get body parts or shrubbery. Hands and pov shots are nearly impossible to find on the web...

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Some tags could be added to help with the indexing. Like wildlife, birds, toucans, fruit loops, green, wormeater etc.

Maybe they could be open for user edited tags and a history list, with url's for the images they were used in. Even better, Set it up like a library where images may be checked out(copied). Have contest/username as the library card. That way everything would be recorded for posterity.

i've taken many snapshots in my pursuit of big time chopping! Usually to get body parts or shrubbery. Hands and pov shots are nearly impossible to find on the web...

Excellent ideas!

But, c'mon...nobody else??? Sheesh...so much for audience participation!!!
Fine then...it'll be me, J-dawg...and Marco, but only if he's drinking...

cherylm329

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Ok...it's early, but I had this idea and I'd like to know if anyone thinks it's decent...

What if we had our own little site/page of "community external sources"? We could post photos that could be shared amongst ourselves to use in chops...make requests for certain items or scenes...Would that lead to a lot of the same external being used?
Is it a good idea? I have tons of photos that I might be willing to share if anyone else goes along with it...

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Beer?

I agree, I have tons of photos too, I would be willing to share Very Happy

Sassy

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm here for the Beer... Cool

Sounds like a good idea DP..more beer and it will sound like an awesome idea!!! Laughing

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Samuelb put together Shmugle, I have found pictures there before that came in handy, thanks Sammy Very Happy

http://www.shmugle.com/

Sounds like a pretty good idea, I have tons of pics, I'll give up some if needed. Smile

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Since we're diggin' up old threads.

Mir

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like a good idea DP.....I take mostly sea pictures I could contribute.

mikey

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Well...after more thinking... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing reality set in! Rolling Eyes Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Here's a thought - Reply to topic