Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: some recent work... and old stuff... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

gravyboat wrote:
Nyahhh. your stuff is ok I guess. Yawn... Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
(Did you get to meet the babe? Very Happy )

No I didn't meet the babe! Sad
Sometimes photographers are asking me to be at the shooting but rarely. Probably when they work with pretty girl they dont want to share it... Huh..

Here's another babe I didn't meet on the same set...

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I forgot... I recently produced some illustrations. This one was used for a body care products, for packaging...

And this one... I already showed once. Not so recent, drawn for pharmaceutical product. I spent something between 60 to 80 hours on it... closer to 80 I think.

Smile

armogeden

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

claf, as ever, you are a god. i always love looking at other chopper's work, but especially yours Very Happy

nice dolphin illustration but you missed a spot Razz

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
nice dolphin illustration but you missed a spot Razz

Ha! Yes! Laughing
Thanks!

I thought it was maybe interesting to show a detail, just to show the full size of the image I worked on. The final work was around 700 MB.

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Granulated wrote:
aye lad Smile

aye lad ... it means I lied... with british accent?
I'm just get used & comfortable with a japanese accent at home... something like "I plefel a natular rook!"
Anyway... me I didn't!
Wink

no thats Scottish for Yes Brother or Sir or Mate you choose Wink

or aye laddie

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHA! You did the dolphin? Well, let me just tell you that it's on its way to France to be printed. I just finished the boxes it's going on about 2 weeks ago! Very Happy

Awesome work, as usual, Claude, but I did have to correct the dolphin a little... (I kid, I kid).

Ummm.... can you send me the files for the club scene? I'd like to try playing with them. Wink

*edit*
Actually, these particular boxes were done over 2 months ago...I get confused...I have already received the final products. I was refering to a new packaging for the same product, but in single doses which I finished 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for listening....I feel better now.

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Haha! Sage, that's funny! Laughing
Things going very slow... I made this illustration already 1 year ago. Shocked
I was surprised to see still today the product on internet with the old packaging.
Why printing in France? They're doing better job... or they're cheaper? Hmmm

Goat1981

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Your work is absolutely insane.... such a talent. I really enjoyed viewing your stuff. Post more!

sage

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

The reason they're being printed in France is that it's a French product, produced by a French Laboratory. We import the product and distribute it here.

You still see the old packaging because we're phasing them out, which means that we're getting rid of all the old stock before filling the shelves with the new one. You'll probably see them on the shelves Summer 2007.

You probably don't need it, but if you want, I can try to get you some flat boxes for your portfolio. Let me know.

Goat: great seeing you again!

the burning couch

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn Shocked.... Claf ,that dophin is beautiful! Always love to see your work.

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
You probably don't need it, but if you want, I can try to get you some flat boxes for your portfolio. Let me know.

Yeah! For sure! If it's possible. Sometimes... or I can say really often, agencies dont care about giving you the final product.
Thanks! Smile

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:47 am   Reply with quote         

Goat1981 wrote:
Your work is absolutely insane.... such a talent. I really enjoyed viewing your stuff. Post more!

Thanks Goat!
Like sage said, great seeing you again!
You asked me to post more on this thread... or on some contests?
About contests, I'm doing my best...

Smile

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:58 am   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Damn Shocked.... Claf ,that dophin is beautiful! Always love to see your work.

Thanks BC!
This work was enough hard. My client & me searched for hundreds of pictures that can help. But he was very picky about the shape & angle of the dolphin and no picture was enough close to what they asked for. Maybe if I knew 3D softwares it was supposed to be helpful. But anyway I spent few hours only to draw the right shape... so many sketches. After that, about details, colors & reflexions, I used something around 10 different references to make the final work.

kooi

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more... want to see more...

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

what kooi said! Awesome work! I too really enjoyed seeing the stages and the final work. Would make a great coffee table book. People whether they chop or not enjoy seeing these transitions.
Wish I had your job....sigh.. Crying or Very sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: some recent work... and old stuff... - Reply to topic