Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Dumb question.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Embarassed

Hi... I'm a newbie 'round here and I'm a bit mystified by something... okay, I know this is a dumb question, but I posted an entry this morning and no one voted for it... it's not stellar, i don't expect it to bowl anyone over or anything, but I thought it was kinda good at least and I'm wondering if votes are hidden for the duration of the contest or something. Basically, I'm just asking out of curiosity. If no one voted for it, so be it... Thanks! Very Happy

-trix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

This Contest (bread) is anon and names will not appear until the end tho any votes do appear to you only, along with comments. if there is no star next to the title in the box "Active Photoshop Contests" then it is an open contest and names and votes show up to all for the 3 days...

Welcome to PSC! Smile

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

You have stumbled into the "curse of the late entries". Don't fret. People will see it eventually.

The contests run for three days. The contests open at 8:00 a.m. (EST) so any entry after say 10:00 a.m. (again EST) is subject to fewer viewings. This curse is compounded for contests already in that are already in the 2nd and 3rd days. New entries in on the 3rd day get only a fraction of the views that entries do on the first day.

Also keep in mind that many of our members are outside the US so their viewing time is subject to their own time zones and lives.

Keep chopping and have fun! Very Happy

creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, guys! I'm havin' fun here!! Smile

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Embarassed

Hi... I'm a newbie 'round here and I'm a bit mystified by something... okay, I know this is a dumb question, but I posted an entry this morning and no one voted for it... it's not stellar, i don't expect it to bowl anyone over or anything, but I thought it was kinda good at least and I'm wondering if votes are hidden for the duration of the contest or something. Basically, I'm just asking out of curiosity. If no one voted for it, so be it... Thanks! Very Happy

-trix

I wouldnt worry too much.

Voting has been weird and tentative on anonymous contests recently.

I've only got 2 votes and my entry is mindblowingly awesome Laughing

ScionShade

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I got no votes either...no big.

creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Gran, I have no doubt that yours is stunning! LOL.

I don't quite understand why anonymity would make people tentative - good work is good work - but I think I kind of like the anon thing. I sometimes have wondered if people gave me votes more out of reciprocity than true admiration of the work... nice, but not really what it's all about, y'know? There are some amazing entries on the bread one... I've already added a couple to my favs, although they don't show up yet.... probably because of the anonymity thing.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

do u believe that people here wuld hate u because u live in USA ? kinda weird...WELCOME! Cool
creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Bonjour, Micose! Yes, I'm kinda weird... LOL. I know... shocking that such a wise and internationally esteemed country would inspire anything but sheer adoration.... Laughing

oh, well... I do my best.

Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:

I don't quite understand why anonymity would make people tentative - good work is good work - but I think I kind of like the anon thing. I sometimes have wondered if people gave me votes more out of reciprocity than true admiration of the work... nice, but not really what it's all about, y'know? There are some amazing entries on the bread one... I've already added a couple to my favs, although they don't show up yet.... probably because of the anonymity thing.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rolling Eyes

Amazing entries?

I'll show you some...
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1447/polished-eggs.html?l=&o=votes

2 pages of amazing choppin' & creativity!

Peace Very Happy

creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

well no need to be condescending. Sad I really like some of the entries... I did think some were quite amazing and, yes the polished egg contest have some beautiful entries, but that doesn't negate the fact that some of the entries for dry bread were wonderful. The ones called REM and Bread of Life are beautiful, original and well executed IMHO.

But sorry if I misread your tone... Peace back atcha... it *is* that time of year! Cool

Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Creatrix...I was Laughing at your statement.

Didn't intend to be condescending...just revisted that comp the other day and was hoping others would be as inspired as I was.

Chop on, Creatrix! I've enjoyed many of your chops!

yeah, I seem to be tone deaf Confused

creatrix

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing ... Phew! Smile Your chops are quite awesome, Eve... glad I just misunderstood... you seem like someone I will be learning a lot from here! I love the winner of the egg contest - the one with the shiny birds.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:

obviously there is *some* doubt Laughing

ScionShade

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
creatrix wrote:

obviously there is *some* doubt Laughing

Mine too...right? RIGHT!?!?!?!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Dumb question.... - Reply to topic