Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The good bye note. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Granulated

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

HAHAHAHA! I don't remember seeing this!! HAHAH!
Taylor is teh coolest stinkin' cat.
Taylor says:"SHUT THE EFF UP & CHOP!"

all cats should be like Taylor...or all Cornish Rex...or both ! Smile

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing yest again I sat there for ages waiting for an image to appear Jeff Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Best. Song. Evah.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:54 am   Reply with quote         

Let's not forget this more recent work, but don't try to remember it either. Rolling Eyes

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/111023/votes.html

Now this is a great gif Marco Very Happy

sage

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Lurker: What? You lost the Binford 2000 soap box already? Evil or Very Mad
Acme this!

What are you saps crying about? I haven't won a contest in over a year. Mad

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

And that's because...
YOU HAVEN'T CHOPPED IN OVER A YEAR!
Laughing Razz

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

Patre wrote:
Over 2 years of experience of submitting images on the PSC site have led me to conclude that there are a bundle of artistically skilled and creatively talented photoshoppers on this site, any one of whom could, on any given day, produce an image that earns enough votes to win a contest. There are a select few who can consistently create images that will always contend for the top prize. And then, there are people like myself, who on occasion, can come up with an image that will attract viewer and voter attention and receive enough votes to be competitive with the front runners.

So why do I continue to submit entries when the expectation of winning a contest is realistically less than probable? Simply, because I enjoy the process of creating an image that might be
thought provoking, beautiful, inspiring and/or meaningful in some other way. And while I enjoy collecting votes as much as anyone else, I do not consciously create an image with the expressed intent that it will win a contest.

For me, the PSC experience has been one of making friends in an online community, learning how to photoshop from some unbelievably gifted artists, expanding the horizons of my own artistic ability, and sharing information that might in some small way contribute to the positive and friendly spirit of this online family of artists.

Winning, in the end, may not really be all about who gets the most votes.....

Read what Patre said Finestcall.Well said Patre.I feel the same as you and although I registered with PSC in Jan. 2004 ,I had no idea what was going on and left without doing a chop.In Aug. 2006 (this year for those who don't have a good notion of time) I got an e-mail from PSC (since I was already a member) tempting me to check out the site again.I did, and this time I had a little experience with "fixing" my photos (I love taking photos) with PS so I gave it a try.I've learnt almost everything I know (about PS,hehe) at PSC in the last 4 MONTHS,from all the talented ,creative,generous and generally friendly people here, *and putting my nose to the grindstone*.I don't think I got more than 13 votes after my first 40 or 50 chops.Then I took a small break for a month or so at the middle of Oct.(updated to CS2 from PS 6 and took in a lot of tutorials).I started posting again at the end of Nov.Now look at my stats after my second go at it (8 entries since then).Just look at the change.I placed second on my 60 entry,averaged 20 vpp and doubled my vpp from 5 to almost 10 in the last 10 or so chops.Something obviously went right.No?SO DON'T GIVE UP!!!There's tons to learn and I can guarantee you with a proper attitude,a good work ethic,and an honest expression from your own creative sources you will be making chops that you will be proud of and I'll bet you the votes will accompany your honest effort.If you quit its because your heart is not really into it or you have ulterior goals which PSC will never satisfy.Cheers and I hope to see you continue.

marcoballistic

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

damn straight Luis, thats a prime example of what to do to up those skill levels, although perhaps without the 2 1/2 year sebatical for you FC Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

holy wow Paul... that gif has it all and more, one of the most detailed and brilliantly constructed I've seen here Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Ohh and what i meant to say by "good bye note" is not that i was leaving!!! i said it because umm Rolling Eyes i guess i wanted to get your attention so ya'll read it.

Shocked Hey I didn't see this.I rest my case.Maybe you should go chop trees into chopsticks for that matter Evil or Very Mad Or do whatever you want ,but your chops will have to be better than this thread to get my attention next time. Wink Cheers to you.
PS I still meant every word I wrote though. Smile

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
damn straight Luis, thats a prime example of what to do to up those skill levels, although perhaps without the 2 1/2 year sebatical for you FC Laughing

Your right Marco but on a sad note.My father got ill right around then Jan.2004 and passed away in Toronto on April 2 of that year.So the last couple of years haven't been the happiest.Although I'm sure he's up there giving me his support.I can feel it sometimes in the inspiration and ideas that come when looking at the images I'm going to work on.Thanks mate.Oh,and its sabatical-with an "a".Sheeezzzuz ,you may do some of the best chops here but your English is atrocious. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The good bye note. - Reply to topic