Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We really need to..... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

bigbuck

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

....do something about all the spam sitting on the front page. At the moment guests are greeted with "female squirting orgasms"....now that's a wonderful advertisement for PSC. I know the mods delete this sort of stuff as soon as possible, but I really think something needs to be done to permanently address this problem. I was thinking about introducing some youngsters I know to this site, but there is no way in hell I would do that whilst all this sort of shit is splattered across our front page. It makes an otherwise wonderful website look bloody awful!
Would it be possible for members' very first post to go to the 'backroom' awaiting approval by a mod? That would sort it wouldn't it?

Granulated

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
....do something about all the spam sitting on the front page. At the moment guests are greeted with "female squirting orgasms"....now that's a wonderful advertisement for PSC. I know the mods delete this sort of stuff as soon as possible, but I really think something needs to be done to permanently address this problem. I was thinking about introducing some youngsters I know to this site, but there is no way in hell I would do that whilst all this sort of shit is splattered across our front page. It makes an otherwise wonderful website look bloody awful!
Would it be possible for members' very first post to go to the 'backroom' awaiting approval by a mod? That would sort it wouldn't it?

Seems like a good idea (as was the commonly thrust idea to only allow forum posts after a member had entered a contest or 3)

But JMH has disappeared !!!

blue_lurker

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with ya buck, I use to let my daugther log on but now I check first...

"he returneth from Mount Cyberside, after 40 gigss and 40 bites. Clasps in his hand is his staff, emblazoned with his standard and in the other he holds the promised spamfilter, that will slay the evil Jesabells and Sodomites of spamland. With the faithful he did rejoice with music and cigars and merlot, and all was good in the land of Chop."

anfa

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, is that the laptop I'm waiting for? Laughing

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree, bigbuck...it's awful.

I was out of town earlier today and stripped of my mod powers...logged on to see what was what, and couldn't delete anything. Sad

You guys might have to put up with a little more of the spam as mods are out of town. Sorry... Confused

splodge

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

help find me the ip address, home#, street name, i have a network of friends who are above the law, and can react in hours, not months, computers and fingers taken, no refunds, make sure you have the right guy first

Hallcross Toots
bigbuck

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I know of other websites that use a 'validating' process for new members...that is they either have to activate their account through a link in an email sent to their registered email address or otherwise, first posts are simply put in a validating queue....where they await approval of a mod before they 'appear' on the forum.
This stuff on the front page isn't helping to encourage people to join PSC....and of course there is a major concern about kids seeing this stuff.
My 6yo daughter loves looking over my shoulder at the great artwork here!
Surely, this can't be too difficult to sort out? It's really detracting from the place.

FootFungas

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe we need more Mods?

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
I know of other websites that use a 'validating' process for new members...that is they either have to activate their account through a link in an email sent to their registered email address or otherwise, first posts are simply put in a validating queue....where they await approval of a mod before they 'appear' on the forum.
This stuff on the front page isn't helping to encourage people to join PSC....and of course there is a major concern about kids seeing this stuff.
My 6yo daughter loves looking over my shoulder at the great artwork here!
Surely, this can't be too difficult to sort out? It's really detracting from the place.

Last I heard, JMH was considering the validation process. Not sure what the status of that is.

I agree that it is a distraction to newcomers.

(Unless of course they can do something remarkable with their bodily fluids....)

FF: more mods could help the situation; maybe being from different time zones could be helpful...still, some would get through.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

Laughing Shocked I think I got that by mistake...oops nevermind Smile I agree Brad, these pervs need to go in the back room where they belong Wink

st1n3r

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
help find me the ip address, home#, street name, i have a network of friends who are above the law, and can react in hours, not months, computers and fingers taken, no refunds, make sure you have the right guy first

send me the fingers, i'll eat 'em

jefflang007

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:31 am   Reply with quote         

Hang on i'm confused. I just got a larger penis, reduced my mortgage, met a 16 yo asian lady boy, and got all my reduced pharmacy drugs all through PSC.......is this wrong?

http://www.langmark.com
Oscar

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:53 am   Reply with quote         

Micose

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
anfa wrote:

Laughing Shocked I think I got that by mistake...oops nevermind Smile I agree Brad, these pervs need to go in the back room where they belong Wink

Shocked .... Laughing Laughing
Micose

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 wrote:
Hang on i'm confused. I just got a larger penis, reduced my mortgage, met a 16 yo asian lady boy, and got all my reduced pharmacy drugs all through PSC.......is this wrong?

U should better work with Splodge on this case, id like to follow a internet police tracking...better than a stupid "Prison Break" episode ! jejejejejjejejeje Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We really need to..... - Reply to topic