Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Filters? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

jerryhami

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I was just reading "What turns you on, and turns you off " thread and noticed how many people put down as a turn off the use of to many filters or even the use of filters in general. If someone has time could you throw some pics or links on here so I can get an idea of the what not to do cause I don't wanna be that guy.
thanks,
Jerry

TheShaman

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

#1 The Lensflare

if you have to use it... (which I do) at least tweak it. I've never in my life seen a sun like that.
Then again, I've only seen one (up close)... and my eyes started to look like Shocked but I digress...

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
dewdew

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Screw them FILTER HATERS jhami....If you can use a filter to achieve what you want ...like using a filter to give you a pearl handle....There is no PEARL filter....you have to chose colors...select the right filter to give the look you want, then apply it correctly...THAT'S HOW YOU USE PHOTOSHOP...... Argh Photoshop has tools...a small portion being filters...saying you don't like filters is like saying i'm not voting because it was cut with the PEN TOOL. YOU do your thing, Mainly i think as long as you don't use a filter for a "ONE CLICK WONDER"....where all you do is take the source and apply a filter and then enter it. You should be O.k.

It does help to know why and how the filter is working, but that's for your benifit, not votes.

And you can look in my portfolio as an example as how NOT to use photoshop...not just the filters...but the whole program. Cool

Granulated

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
#1 The Lensflare

WOW ME ASK YOU HOW YOU DO THAT?

Granulated

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Screw them FILTER HATERS jhami....If you can use a filter to achieve what you want ...like using a filter to give you a pearl handle....There is no PEARL filter....you have to chose colors...select the right filter to give the look you want, then apply it correctly...THAT'S HOW YOU USE PHOTOSHOP...... Argh Photoshop has tools...a small portion being filters...saying you don't like filters is like saying i'm not voting because it was cut with the PEN TOOL. YOU do your thing, Mainly i think as long as you don't use a filter for a "ONE CLICK WONDER"....where all you do is take the source and apply a filter and then enter it. You should be O.k.

It does help to know why and how the filter is working, but that's for your benifit, not votes.

And you can look in my portfolio as an example as how NOT to use photoshop...not just the filters...but the whole program. Cool

yeh.. creative filter use is BRILLIANT !

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked Laughing

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:

dont listen to this guy, he is master in words but in ps he sucks Laughing Laughing zero wins zero sec zero third Laughing Laughing but but but , master in writings

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

photoshopmaster jr wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
#1 The Lensflare

WOW ME ASK YOU HOW YOU DO THAT?
render its a filter

Eepi

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

crack licker? Laughing

dewdew

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing ....bert used fibers.......then...then that craker's Q one.... Laughing

Quote:
MindGraph
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

crack licker?
....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Evil or Very Mad

True i do suck at PS....but i'm learning...without the means to go to school to do it. At 36 years of age....raising 3 kids...the oldest a sophmore in high school with straight A's since kindergarden. If i send anyone to Class it'll be HER first, and the other 2 right behind her.
I did not come here for the wins...the votes ...or the kind words. I came with one mission...TO LEARN PHOTOSHOP.....that's what i'm doing and will continue to do. I had the balls to come here the first day i opened PS about a year ago and posted against some great folks that DO know how to use PS, and after more shit slinging than you KNOW......I'M still here. Your doing it hoping one day to land a Job. I'm doing it because it gives me a way to express myself Artistically, i guess you could say for the love of it. So if i never win or some don't like me is no big deal. I am learning...and who knows...maybe one day actually have something on a billboard, or in a gallery. Then again..i may just have a harddrive full of shit. To me...."I DONE THAT" "IT'S part of ME"...that's what matters. Cool

I'll still be better at typing that you....even after school. (insert BIRDY icon here)

and hell no i don't mean that MOST WANTED billboard. Razz That ones because i don't alway's Express my self thu ART. Twisted Evil

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing ....bert used fibers.......then...then that craker's Q one.... Laughing

Quote:
MindGraph
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Granulated wrote:
craquelure!!!!!!!!!!

crack licker?
....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Evil or Very Mad

True i do suck at PS....but i'm learning...without the means to go to school to do it. At 36 years of age....raising 3 kids...the oldest a sophmore in high school with straight A's since kindergarden. If i send anyone to Class it'll be HER first, and the other 2 right behind her.
I did not come here for the wins...the votes ...or the kind words. I came with one mission...TO LEARN PHOTOSHOP.....that's what i'm doing and will continue to do. I had the balls to come here the first day i opened PS about a year ago and posted against some great folks that DO know how to use PS, and after more shit slinging than you KNOW......I'M still here. Your doing it hoping one day to land a Job. I'm doing it because it gives me a way to express myself Artistically, i guess you could say for the love of it. So if i never win or some don't like me is no big deal. I am learning...and who knows...maybe one day actually have something on a billboard, or in a gallery. Then again..i may just have a harddrive full of shit. To me...."I DONE THAT" "IT'S part of ME"...that's what matters. Cool

I'll still be better at typing that you....even after school. (insert BIRDY icon here)

and hell no i don't mean that MOST WANTED billboard. Razz That ones because i don't alway's Express my self thu ART. Twisted Evil
nannnaannanaaaaaa i am 53 i go school

dewdew

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
nannnaannanaaaaaa i am 53 i go school.

GOOD, i'll be here learning when ya get out. Stop by, we could have another one of these cool chats. Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Filters? - Reply to topic