Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I will live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Chorus:
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

And I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I will live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Chorus:
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Sung by Mel Gibson Chicken??? LOL

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

wait...I meant to say I believe that MY children are our future....I think everyone elses kids are snot nosed brats and need the shit slapped outta them.....

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Chicken wrote:
wait...I meant to say I believe that MY children are our future....I think everyone elses kids are snot nosed brats and need the shit slapped outta them.....

Okay. Sounds okay to me.

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand what you are saying Paul, and I for one could have a Romulan show up at more door today, with unquestionable proof that he has lived several thousand years and that his genetic material proves without doubt that he is my own ancestor, and I tell you..it would not shock my faith the slightest.
4. I believe in a literal translation of the seven days of creation.

anfa

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Wink

Marx-Man

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Man this topic is like an extra long jerry's final thought...

Except you can't turn over...

I think the world can exist with or without the idea of deities... but it definatly existed before th concept of deities entered the fragile human mind

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Has anyone here ever had an unusual experience? Something happen that almost made your heart pop out of your chest, because you knew something was happening and you had no way to stop it? Like voices in your head scream something loud an clear, like, "don't get on that airplane", and then it crashes moments later. Something you could not explain?, Shocked an event that made you think that there is a much bigger spiritual force out there? Drug trips are welcome, as long as you don't drool Cool

splodge

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

doing my best to stay out of it, but if anfa can say fuck you loosers, i can say:
fuck you all, how dare you ignore science, how dare you ignore fact, i know i'll delete this in the morning, but, GOD??? we have all been worshiping something in the skys for as long as ppl have been around, 100.000 years) but reasantly (last 1000 years things have gone down hill),,,,,,,,,,,,, 1000 not 2000,you god fearing
arseholes think they invented religion, trust me, you are the new kids on the block, pagans rock

Hallcross Toots
FootFungas

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

ok perhaps this folly made in seven days... but dinosaurs predate the seven days and we all know the earth existed before then.

how do we know that?

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:48 pm   Reply with quote         

So, Marx, apparentlly live clams have been dated to 27,000 years.
Does that disprove the biblical timeline too?

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I said, no drooling Splodge Laughing
hey don't look at me, he's your God too Wink

Come on Marco, I know you have an event, something that made you freak, Shocked Scion? a story about the time they found you wandering aimlessly at the airport? in your star trek underwear? anything? anyone? Confused

Sassy

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

OK I will bite...

I was coming up on a 4-way stop and I have a tendency to california roll stop signs and there were cars parked on the sides of the roads.As I came up on the stop sign I heard a voice that was not to be denied...STOP!! I did and a car came flying thru the intersection she had run the stop sign....

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge, bah... you're not playing the game right. You have to be nice and admit that none of us knows anything for certain. Wink

Paul, yeah, I have a story. Strangely, it co-incided with my break with Christianity, but I don't think it had anything to do with it. I was just at that point on my spiritual path. But in order to tell the story, I have to go back about 2 weeks before the accident.

It was a relatively warm day in December and I was driving on Rt. 80 when I saw a big chunk of ice fly off of a little blue car, flutter around in the air a bit, and come crashing down harmlessly onto the road. I remember thinking "Wow. That's really dangerous. I wonder if that ever hits anyone's car. Well, if I ever see a block of ice coming at me, I'll just duck." And then I even did a very quick practice run.

Fast forward two weeks to another unseasonably warm day just after a decent snowfall. I was driving about 45mph on a 2-lane road. There was a semi and I saw blocks of ice flying off of it. So what went through my head was "Implement plan B." I have no idea where this came from... presumably plan A was to reach my destination without incident? Anyway, I ducked just as a block of ice and snow crashed through my windshield.

I could have not seen that block on Rt. 80 two weeks ago. I could have slid under the trailer of the semi while my head was beneath the dash. I didn't. I sat up and continued driving, turning into a gas station. I remember thinking I needed help, but not knowing what to say, so I just screamed. When the cops got there, one of them asked me how my head was still attached to my body. My rearview mirror and drivers side windshield wiper had been tossed into the back seat upon impact. The winsheild wiper had pierced through the styrofoam cup of coffee I had in my hand on it's way back. About a quarter of the windshield - the quarter closest to the driver's side window - was completely shattered and in shards, and the next quarter was shattered but still holding together, bent into the car perpendicular to where it was originally. The remaining half - the passenger side - was shattered but still in the frame. My dashboard was trashed and this is the part that freaks me out the most: my steering wheel was bent 45 degrees and it took two men and a crowbar to bend it back.

Me? I had a few tiny shards of glass in my face, a small avulsion on my pinky and a fat lip.

Oh... and this is completely gross but true: two weeks after he accident, I still felt something wasn't right and after much... um... "excavation" I extracted a piece of glass from my nostril. I secretly suspect I still have glass in my nasal cavity, but there is no current excavation!

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Story about having glass lodged up his nose.

Sounds painful.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.