Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Rey, a voice of reason Crying or Very sad George knows the lord about as well as you can,
so does Jeff...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQUdHMFpBQ

The tooth I'm holding came from an Animal that has been extinct for over 10,000 years, and it was around for @4 million years before that, so this physical evidence, which is all we truly have today, is bogus, and I should believe a made up story, written by whom exactly?

Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

well since we're doing songs...

mana from heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjNX73l858

no?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:38 am   Reply with quote         

ma nah mah nah! Laughing

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

I am a collector and seller of fossils.I have thousands of extinct shark teeth, teeth from extinct horses, mastadons, dozens of other creatures.
Fossilization can occur in incredibly short time periods and does.
I figure the majority of them are around 4000 years and have no reason to believe otherwise.

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

Rides past...

whoa whoa whoa there binky...
Shocked
Drops scyth a second...

what does that prove...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:22 am   Reply with quote         

I didn't know we were actually trying to 'prove' anything...
since evidence for both sides of the subject
is after all is said and done, coming out at about a tie for the time being.
Neither side has been proven nor disproven scientifically.
Fossils are just one of many areas of contention.

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

Right...

Well you cant have a 2 sided polygon but you can have a 2 sided shape with 2 corners. Shocked Shocked Shocked Marco knows and so does oscar what the answers could be.. have fun...

one side has been disporven many times... and disccussing the possible validity of the methods of finding out... doesnt change the accuracy of it but jusst raises doubt and unnecassary questions which are easily answerable... oo new fav...

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The Lord.. single...
I single...

Let us.. What theres more than one now?

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

Marx..being facetious, sarcastic, insulting, and making generalized statements gets no one anywhere.
If all you have to say is you are right and other people are wrong..that was clear quite a few posts back.
a crescent .

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:50 am   Reply with quote         

well of course Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its diffficult to get through to some...

I remember when i was kicked out of church... for saying.. do you have any evidence of that...

I hear a lot of subjective material but nothing based in reality just in the imaginary...

Hes the good in all of us... he this hes that... well what happened to my choices.. and your choice.. bet it must feel really good to get none of the credit for what you do... Oh thank the lord. for our efforts Evil or Very Mad

ok ok.. try reading the bible in jest... you'll be laughing... is so full of... dashing children on the rock and smiting people for wanting to have sex its like what happens to every other creature who doesn't marry.. "marrage through greed. covertation and possesion is how it used to work. and still does"

the bible even says that slaves should repect thier masters... how very nice.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

I think we should ask Borat Laughing

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

YES ASK BORAT!!!

Ill get my coat... walks out shuts door reading a bible laughng...

Snails melting... hhah

the fool that doesnt belive in god is corrupt and vial but nobody is goood ... hahaha

gheaven burns hotter thhat hell thats good thatone hahaha thousand suns verses sulpur

Laugher echoes down the halls as marx makes his exit.

HandToolUK

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The Lord.. single...
I single...
Let us.. What theres more than one now?

Jesus was alongside God in heaven as a spirit being before coming to earth as a human. (JOHN 1:14-15, 8:58 & 17:5) He was the first being created by God (COL 1:15-16), and then served as an "assistant" or "master workman" with Him in all other creation. (PROV 8, especially vs 22-31 & JOHN 1:3)

Later Trinitarian teachings co-opted by the early Church from pagan beliefs, and misunderstanding over Jesus' role have led to even most supposed Christians being unable to recognise that, but again, reading the entire Bible makes it clear.

Marx-Man wrote:
Hes the good in all of us... he this hes that... well what happened to my choices.. and your choice.. bet it must feel really good to get none of the credit for what you do... Oh thank the lord. for our efforts Evil or Very Mad

Well on most of that wishy-washiness I'd agree with you. Lots of so-called Christians who say "oh well, God forgives everything" on one extreme or who say "do exactly as I tell you or you'll burn in hell!" on the other are also distorting and misrepresenting Christianity. Same with those who spout vague generalities like "God is in all of us" and other such stuff. Interestingly, much of the strongest warnings and condemnation from Jesus was against people calling themselves godly but preach falsehoods or try to mislead people...

Of course people must make their own choices, but that doesn't mean that we can or should expect to escape the consequences for those choices (good or bad). Given that choices can have serious consequences, it does make it all the more important that we make those choices based on accurate knowledge, which is why "false teachers" are so dangerous, because they muddle the issues and turn otherwise reasonable people into rabid opponents of anything spiritual, or take them off on totally the wrong course.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

Opens door with party hat on...

Howdy back from TV...

It was funny. oh whats this...

False teachers...

There are people who misread the bible... "i just thought everybody misread it"... and "everybody interpretes it in thier own way"... takes a sip of coffee... LOVE THAT JAVA...

...Goes on to say...

Nothing like fear of being punished to keep people in stupid... Takes sip of coffee...did I say stupid....Sips coffee... I meant line. Cool

But on a less serious note...

How can anyone take religeon seriously and not think for a second... Hmm hang on i am talking to myself in an empty room but ii have some kind of belief which makes these schitzophrenic feelings ok... because there

"Really is a giant man watching me like a pervert"

HandToolUK

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Marx..being facetious, sarcastic, insulting, and making generalized statements gets no one anywhere.

I'm beginning to see your point there, Scion.

A pity, but to be expected. Just as the "all-knowing" sceptics mock anyone with any kind of religious belief for being closed-minded, prejudiced or not willing to listen, the same kind of attitudes come out from them too at times like this. Ironic really. I guess if there's noone left to have a sensible debate with, then it's thread closed.

Dis.....missed! Razz

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

HandToolUK wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

I'm beginning to see your point there, Scion.

A pity, but to be expected. Just as the "all-knowing" sceptics mock anyone with any kind of religious belief for being closed-minded, prejudiced or not willing to listen, the same kind of attitudes come out from them too at times like this. Ironic really. I guess if there's noone left to have a sensible debate with, then it's thread closed.

Dis.....missed! Razz

"All knowing sceptics" as opposed to what your all knowing beliver.. im sorry but condescention is not the best way to get out of a corner. especially when you dont have the authority to condescend. or a leg to stand on...

the point is simple the book which is the basis of the religeon is flawed.

quite clearly and i have refered to many paragraphs... all i have heard so far to the cntrary is possibilities that scientificly viable dating methods which are used in every day occurane to acuratly date things is "inaccurate" even though atomic degradation of materials is the most reliable form of keeping time. hence the ultra accurate atomic clock. and that the earths curst as a measure of time is false... even though archeaologists usually date things by their appproximate depth...
Its nonsence... its like the belive takes over the reality in a desperate bid to have somthing to look forward to after death.. when in reality you should be more worried about living.

The religeon teaches some good elements true but... It still should take the credit for good peoples work...'

and mislead us from what.. evil is a concept which bares no reality... its just opinion one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.