Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Marx-Man

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Then your not certain...

and no I am not stupid enough to let myself be kidnapped.

Dont mistake me for being atheist been atheist for a while before giving up totally...... i am irreligous

Have no tolerance for ghosts, gouls, spirits, souls, gods, myths, loar, heaven hell, and so on

and when you treat everything to do with these things and more like a lie or brain washing it is like having your eyes wide open... not as a metaphor... but as literal. You see the hatred and the inter religous hatred as easy as anything... and yes you see it and eyes open wide and mouth drops

and not being bound to do stuff as a forced descision is really nice plus you get credit for your work

Oscar

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:36 am   Reply with quote         

Where is BroChris?

Talk to US!

ReinMan

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Meh.

This topic is 17 pages long... actually about 12,000 years and 17 pages long.

A consensus is NOT possible. (That is how THIS game works - rather ingenious, eh wot?)

I DO believe one thing, though.

I believe I'll have another beer. Wink

mikey

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

Where is ReinMan?

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Quote:
I think it is time that Fonzie Rides The Shark.... Very Happy

uhhh...isnt that supposed ta be "Jumps The Shark" ?Wink....I know small detail, but.....

DAMN! Back on page 7 or 8 somewhere I made a MISTAKE! Shocked

If there was a white-bearded God in Heaven FULL of COMPASSION He would not have let me shame myself in this way.

PROOF that WE ARE ALL ALONE WITH OUR HAPPY DAYS SHAME!!!!!

ReinMan

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Where is ReinMan?

(I actually signed in "formally on this topic" back on page 6. So far, nothing DIFFERENT to report. Except maybe my fondness for the "extra added divine bonus" of BEER. As mentioned in my post above somewhere. Other than that, all is right (but not always fun) with the Universe. Wink

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

Ooh - this was such a fun topic. I just re-read most of it. Except the red. I didn't like teh red... hard on the eyes. Too bad because i think i agreed with a lot of it.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Ooh - this was such a fun topic. I just re-read most of it. Except the red. I didn't like teh red... hard on the eyes. Too bad because i think i agreed with a lot of it.

Ditto!

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! Who dug this up? Just a note since it's here. Blue eyes baby, common ancestors, historically there was a point where the genes of only one woman survived to be passed on, followed by those of only one man. The science is falling my way, fast and hard. Dragon skulls, another Eve, and Hobbits. Who'da thunk it?

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion, what do you mean? Last I heard - granted, this was a while ago, though - they had traced all human DNA to SEVEN women. Not sure if it's actually true.

Sill, though, someone had to be the first to carry the mutation to make us "human."

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Well now, they've said lotsa things, but this is what's being said now.
Yer not going to argue with the world's top scientists are ya?
I know it's inconvenient when it goes against common beliefs, but science is about facts whenever possible. I didn't say one monkey and one chimp, I said one man, and one woman.

ReinMan

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

hey everybody!

I've got an ADAM's APPLE!!!

I'm ONE OF THE TEAM!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

(pass the cracker!)

Wink

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, no, I never have made a habit of arguing with top scientists. Smile

That actually makes sense to me. One genetic anomaly could be the straw that broke the ape's DNA, but in order for a human to cease to be an ape, he/she would have to be unable to breed and produce fertile offspring with apes... so obviously you would need another person who also carries this anomaly. Most likely, these people would be related simply because that is how genetic anomalies tend to occur. Primitive humans were most likely no more bound by taboos against incest as my cat. Or Lot, for that matter. So a single male and a single female could very easily be the root of all humanity, IMHO. I don't think this proves or disproves anything, though, any more than Schlemann finding Troy proved that Athene helped out Odysseus. Still, it makes for interesting speculation!

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I think that what is referred to as God is actually my own judgment, my own ideas, my own opinions and my own way of working things out, with the things that I have been taught by my parents, my schoolteachers, my friends, my foes and all other things I came in contact with.

We are reasoning people. So we can use that reasoning. And we are responsible people, so we take responsibility for those who are not yet able to reason, like little children. We guide them.

And we are caring people, so we take care of those who cannot take care of us, if they are family or not, that makes no difference.

And we care about the world around us that feeds us. (Granted, nobody has much care for a Supermarket these days, but hé, it’s the thought that counts). So we make sure that we take care of the world when we take our food and shelter from it, and we give the world back, so others will have plenty when we have left.

Somewhere when mankind started writing things down on stone tablets and scriptures, most of those rules got lost in the translation.

Ask all the bush people and aboriginals all over the world, they know.

And what part of life is not important enough to care so much about? Why make a problem about the eternal life after death concept? Why not at least make the longest mostest out of the LIFE we are given here on this planet, so that we are remembered by our loved ones after we have died?

Because there is no life after death, if nobody can remember your name, and talk about you every now and then. Ask the Egyptians, they knew. We simply forgot.

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

good points, annajon. People write these sacred texts because they've learned something important and want us to remember these things... but then they get all messed up through oral tradition and drunk scribes and human adgendae and then people get all dogmatic about them and forget that the intent was to make us better humans.

IMHO.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.