Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

The present belief is that they were not contemporary but lived at least thousands of years apart. Which is great for me, since here we have one womans genetic marker in every female on the planet, and any number of variant male dna markers...that at some point every male on the whole planet fails to reproduce except for one. Marvelous...it would take quite an unusual set of circumstances to create such a situation where every male on earth but one, and his sons, fails to reproduce. Something incredible, it's almost like some guy got on a boat with his sons and their wives, and a great flood occurred.

mikey

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I wonder where the phrase" Oh My God! came from Question

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Well, no, I never have made a habit of arguing with top scientists. Smile

That actually makes sense to me. One genetic anomaly could be the straw that broke the ape's DNA, but in order for a human to cease to be an ape, he/she would have to be unable to breed and produce fertile offspring with apes... so obviously you would need another person who also carries this anomaly. Most likely, these people would be related simply because that is how genetic anomalies tend to occur. Primitive humans were most likely no more bound by taboos against incest as my cat. Or Lot, for that matter. So a single male and a single female could very easily be the root of all humanity, IMHO. I don't think this proves or disproves anything, though, any more than Schlemann finding Troy proved that Athene helped out Odysseus. Still, it makes for interesting speculation!

Once upon a time there were 6 or 7 types of humans on our planet. They vary from very little people, smaller then the San people in South Africa, till giant people, who would make us nowadays look very small indeed.

One of these people were what is known as the Neanthertalers in Europe, they died out. Most of the other people also died out somewhere along the timeline. Only the San people, the Autral-Asian aboriginals and the rest of the worlds population are left. And they have common ancesters way back. And we have to get along.

And before you start about the skin colour, that is due to the part of the world your ancestors have lived in for more then a thousand years. So is eye shapes and other stuff that makes todays people think they are different. Our take on humans comes from uneducated guesses that people made in the times between 1100 and 1700, when some people started to travel around the world and discovered that there were people that looked slightly different then they, who did not read the same books they did.

We are stuck with those leftovers. Time to clean the kitchen if you ask me.

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a side note. It's been over a decade since neander dna has been extracted and according to scientists, it's not related. the human , neander common ancestor at this point is believed to be the lemur.
I like the point about 'giant people'. Giant fossils of the order homosapiens
generally are ignored by the scientific comunity.

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I'm not saying that's wrong, but I don't feel I have enough information to fully analyze the data. I mean, a genetic marker can be passed down through speciation, too, so it could just be a marker that survived from an austrolopithicus forensis or something and got passed through. I'm not saying it was or wasn't - just that I don't know enough about the markers to really respond intelligently about the ramifications of their presence. Where did you read about this?

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

what giant people?

No, we are not closely related to the neanderthals. I think a suitible analogy would be a dolphin and a swordfish. they *look* closely realted, but are not.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

That's all current news. Just read the science sections.

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Can you hook me up with a couple of links? Because I do read the science sections.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Can you hook me up with a couple of links . . .

I'd LOVE to!

(PLEASE NOTE: for those of you with a "Hebrew-based Belief System" these links have NOT been made in a Kosher format. I apologize for this and I'm working on it... Rd)

annajon

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Just a side note. It's been over a decade since neander dna has been extracted and according to scientists, it's not related. the human , neander common ancestor at this point is believed to be the lemur.
I like the point about 'giant people'. Giant fossils of the order homosapiens
generally are ignored by the scientific comunity.

That is why I was talking about 6 or 7 human types of people, one of which is US that are now living on this planet. The common ancestors of the San people and the Aboriginals is not known yet either, but they are Homo Sapiens.

Homo Neanderthalensus (is that what they were called) is a second human type that lived alongside Homo Sapiens that became us. And of the other types of homanoids they were found sparingly, there are some remains but it is thought that there can be more remains found under what is now rainforrest grounds. And who knows, maybe under all the ice in Antarctica there will also be some humanoid ancester group found, along with lots of other creatures of long ago.
And yes, ScionShade, the giants in the fairy tales, and the very little people in the fairy tales may very well have been based on fossil remains found.

The giant bird called Rok in the story of Ali Baba and the robbers is in fact a bird that died less then 5000 years ago, scientists say. So, the remains of that bird may have sparked stories... who knows what else did.

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
creatrix wrote:
Can you hook me up with a couple of links . . .

I'd LOVE to!

(PLEASE NOTE: for those of you with a "Hebrew-based Belief System" these links have NOT been made in a Kosher format. I apologize for this and I'm working on it... Rd)

Mmmm... snausages! Razz

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

You know, I don't actually know what I believe.
My father's a baptist pastor, so you can imagine everything that's been drilled into my head all my life.
Parts of me believe it..
God, Jesus.. eternal damnation, etc etc...
and on the other hand,
Many people believe in life after death merely because they cannot comprehend nothingness.
....but, can you remember BEFORE you were born?

....nothingness Wink

janetdog

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

Many people believe in life after death merely because they cannot comprehend nothingness.
....but, can you remember BEFORE you were born?

....nothingness Wink

Wouldn't it be funny if 20 billion Hindus were wrong?

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Personally, I find it conceivable that EVERYBODY'S wrong.

Just my opinion.

janetdog

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Amen Kittie! It would really suck to be hyper-religeous your whole life only to find out you picked the wrong one and went to hell anyway.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.