Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
If you take the most simple concept for science (knowledge), the short answer would be based on the principle of knowledge.

Perhaps then you could tell us how it is possible for you to know anything then.
Quote:
How do you know that the future will be like the past?

arcaico wrote:
I never said the future will be like the past.

Yet all of science is based on this assumption. Let me ask you, how do you know that a ball will fall when you drop it?
arcaico wrote:
Nope. If you trust on science based on blind faith, you're either naive or stupid.

Well, on what basis do you trust science, or, which are you?

Cheers,

Sye

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

you are posting this crap with science, blind faith has no place here, I'm out before i loose it with you, I'm happy jesus survived the dinosaurs, mammoths and sabre toothed tigers just to die at the hands of the Romans, damn tricky them Romans

Hallcross Toots
ReinMan

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I do believe that this thread needs to go away again for a while.

Maybe 6 months or so. Or 23 million years according to the Orthodox Christian system of counting time.

We have done well though - very little killing and even less NASTY NAME CALLING (YOU ARE ALL BASTARDS!!!!!!! There - that is the worst of it, and since you've passed it here all should turn out all right! Smile) but it is starting to feel like a LOT of HEAD is getting involved and very little heart.

Let's all go play elsewhere for a while.
I'm gonna. Maybe start a NAME YOUR GUMBY thread or something....

*ReinMan EXITS stage LEFT....*

(ReinMan exists? Razz)

arcaico

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

Perhaps then you could tell us how it is possible for you to know anything then.
The keyword you're looking for ir brain. Get rid of it and make a butcher happy. Get a computer, take off the processor and try to make it work. And i dont need blind faith to know brains exist. All i need is an anatomy lab. And if i wanna know one have a brain, all one needs is an ecg.

Yet all of science is based on this assumption. Let me ask you, how do you know that a ball will fall when you drop it?
That's the interesting part: you don't. Actually, the ball is not even there. Cause it's yer brain that tells your eyes that the ball is there and will fall. Newton said gravity will pull it towards the earth. Yer brain was conditionate to believe in that, as it was to believe in god, the oogie boogie, or even the ball you're holding in yer hands. Now go to the 15th floor of a building and drop the ball through the window, them go pick it up. You'll go 15 floors down and won't find the ball, cause yer brain wasn't aware yer friend picked the ball in the 14th floor. It was an information you didn't process... You didn't have KNOWLEDGE of it. Yer brain wasn't told yer friend caught the ball.

arcaico wrote:
Nope. If you trust on science based on blind faith, you're either naive or stupid.

Knowledge. Are ya gonna keep repeating yer questions and avoiding mine? Otherwise i'll have to discard the naive option...

Cheers,

Sye

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

shall we now introduce the chaos theory?

arcaico

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Rent butterfly effect (amy smart; ashton kutcher). Must be enough for you eve. Twisted Evil

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

zinger lamo comeback, arc. I expect better from you.

ReinMan

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

I know I said I'd stay away now - but I just HAD to point out: I AM the CHAOS theory. Just ask my WIFE! Wink

dewdew

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

close it down.....CLOSE IT DOWN.....but.....but.......we haven't got to the aliens yet. alien .....ughhhhhh do unexplained radar blips count as scientific proof.....what about out of focus video and photos.....that's gotta be worth a twinkie or two......

ooohhhh shit......i started typing this at 3:15 p.m....then everything goes blank.....next thing i know.....it's 11:00 p.m. and frankly i'm a freaked out at all the time i lost.

Update...never mind i discussed it with other members of my family....come to find out....i was asleep......and that would explain the lost time. Cool but not the PROBE Shocked

ReinMan

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

The PROBE!!!

Ah, Dewy... you and I have GOT to go have a beer and a LONG talk one of these days.... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

ha! I just got done reading a book called Weird Georgia and it had tons of newspaper articles and information that was reported in papers about the Troup-Heard County Corrider.. which is where UFO's hang.

Apparently UFO's are there. LaGrange Ga is the UFO capital of the USA.. and hey I used to live there. lol. I never saw one UFO either. That really makes me mad to have been there and missed it. We've covered UFO's sort of now. Maybe all those Baptists I saw were the aliens.

But the best part of this book was the part that said UFO's come out
1-only during the week ( not the weekend)and Sunday/Monday being the best day to see them
2- only at night between 10pm and 4 am
3- usually in the dead of winter

Laughing

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I know I said I'd stay away now - but I just HAD to point out: I AM the CHAOS theory. Just ask my WIFE! Wink

WHAT!?! When did this happen?! I'm outta the loop for a few days and you go and get hitched??
See if I invite you to my next wedding.. Confused

I knew you had been dating since the beginning of time (which is actually kinda on topic), but had no idea you tied the knot. Congrats, man! Hope Mrs. Reindude doesn't leave the toilet seat down!
Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

OK...before you go...Lets All Chant! woop! woop! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGNrufyCC-0

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:41 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
The keyword you're looking for ir brain. Get rid of it and make a butcher happy. Get a computer, take off the processor and try to make it work. And i dont need blind faith to know brains exist. All i need is an anatomy lab. And if i wanna know one have a brain, all one needs is an ecg.

Arc, I did not ask with which organ you are able to know things, I asked how it is possible for you to know anything. You see, knowledge requires 'truth.' It is impossible to know something which is false, one can only 'believe' something which is 'false' one cannot 'know' it. So Arc, again I ask, how is it possible for you to know whether anything is 'true.' Perhaps it would be easier if I asked you to tell me one thing that you know for certain to be true, and how you know it.
Quote:

arcaico wrote:
That's the interesting part: you don't.

So, on what basis do you proceed with the assumption that things that are heavier than air, given no outside influence, will fall when you drop them? (When you realise that you proceed with this assumtion based on past experiences, you will understand how it is necessary to assume that the future will be like the past in order to do science).(Then, of course, I am again going to ask you on what basis you assume that the future will be like the past).
Quote:

arcaico wrote:
Knowledge.

'Knowledge' is not an answer to the question. What do you know that gives you the basis to trust science, and how do you know it?

Cheers,

Sye

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:49 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
close it down.....CLOSE IT DOWN

What is it about intellegent discussion that gets you people so nervous? This thread has been 'alive' for 374 posts and over a year, but as soon as I show up to ask a few pointed questions, people start getting antsy. What gives? (Actaully I know, but perhaps one of you could spell it out).

Cheers,

Sye

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.