Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
I believe with all my heart,soul, and mind.
1. There is one True God and my Heavenly Father.
2. The Bible is God's pefect Word.
3. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord in whom all things consist.
4.I believe science reveals Biblical historical truth,especially for creation.

coming from you..surely you're being ironic ??!?! Hmmm

Of course not. Even if you think I'm all about busting people's chops,being a wiseguy or sarcastic..
surely you've seen that I do not disrespect people about things such as religion, the people they care about, or their
artisitic integrity. ever.

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

OK my first thought was not to post since I am a recovering Catholic and dispise Religion as another way of controlling the masses..that said..I am very Spiritual.

1.Everything in the world is made up of energy and you can direct it as an indiviual or group.

2..There is a higher power and that makes us Humble,it does not matter the name you give to this power/energy but if you treat others as you would want to be treated on your day of reckoning you will be fine...go back to things you learned in Kindergarten (see below)

3.I believe in reincarnation.you come down here to learn lessons that you have picked prior to being born.When you have learned all your lessons (many lifetimes) then you are pure of soul and earn your wings.If you do the right things on earth (earthbound angels) your doing your creators work.

4. we all make choices in life and we are given a wide berth for mistakes.When you are on your correct path things just flow without problems.when you make incorrect choices sometimes its a longtime till you find your path again...sometimes you can waste a liftime with drugs,alcochol,bad decisions..

There is alot more to MY beliefs and the closest religion to my thinking is Buddism

These are the things I learned in Kindergarten:

Share everything.

Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up your own mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and CHOP CHOP CHOP then work every day some.

Take a nap every afternoon.

When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.

Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.

And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

by Robert Fulghum

Peace Out

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

unfortunately our culture doesn't know where it is going

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Pwers that be duped me post Shocked Laughing Hug

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Every man and woman has a spiritual side which has to be awoken by a Power stronger that his of her will power.

Marx-Man

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Well as a sentient and intelligant machine I refuse to belive the crap.

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

"recovering Catholic and dispise Religion"

What typer of recovering?
How did religion harm you?

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Well as a sentient and intelligant machine I refuse to belive the crap.

I understand!

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
"recovering Catholic and dispise Religion"

What typer of recovering?
How did religion harm you?

I already covered that .its a means of "attempting"controlling the masses. I just refuse to buy into the hype thats all...to each their own

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Disclaimer:
My opinions do not reflect the opinions
of user finestcall for i am only
his associate
Sincerely,
Joel

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I already covered that .its a means of "attempting"controlling the masses. I just refuse to buy into the hype thats all...to each their own[/quote]
It sounds like religiosity got the best of you.

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:51 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
its a means of "attempting"controlling the masses.

How did religion (catholicism) control you?

Marx-Man

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I veiw the world as a first person game... Like an Rpg I play the role of Mark, Grpahics designer and condescending know it all. A guy who get's it right only most of the time but occasionally slips up when misinformed.

My aim is to get a lot of money and have kids then I have completed my main goals but i do have a list of side quests.

As there is no set objective in life except what you make, a lot of people get lost and dont know where to turn. although a strong individual realises there are choices which are good and choices which are not so good. but if your still alive after the choice its not that bad. But you always have a choice to say no even if the question is small like want a penny or big like come with me or ill kill you.

Either way you make a choice. there is no right choice or wrong choice just a good choice or a not so good one. Because your descision is based on your values and judgement.
anyone who says your oppinion is wrong doesnt know much about oppinion, and oppinion being factual or not is irrelevant the oppinion can defy reality or even sanity.

Personally
Aslong as she has pretty blue eyes and a nice rack I am made Cool

Marx-Man

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Religion as a control mechanism works through fear of death or more specifically what may be afterwards.

If you do wrong then you must live forever being tourchered for deeds done in less than a century....

what a crock of shit. Nobody should fear death. especially when life is relatively short.

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I just think people need to think for themselves and not believe everything they are told by Goverments or Religious Leaders and end up being Sheep led to Slaughter because of their Blind Faith...

Think for yourselves thats all, its not always the easiest route and like I said Buddism is the closest to my beliefs ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.