Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Editing an ACTIVE contest...... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

point_n_click

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Can a submitted chop be edited during the voting process, and does it effect votes? Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup you can edit a pic all it will do is push the pic to the bottom of the entries.

EDIT to agree with Caf Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

If it's edited to something better-it may effect it in a very good way.

cafn8d

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

To elaborate some on Serps' and Scion's responses:

The default order lists entries in the order in which they were uploaded, with the most recent editions/additions listed last. Some people vote as they first peruse the entries and then run out of votes before they have seen all the images. Getting pushed to the end of the line may cost you some of these votes. However, this is supposed to be a learning site, and you will often get feedback from users who saw the image before you changed it. If your update is an improvement or even just corrects some mistake, you may earn more votes than if you left your image unchanged.

BTW: In my experience, when I have edited my author's note but NOT uploaded a new image, my place in the default order was not affected. Smile

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

What Caf said Smile

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Hey, Thanks a Bunch!!! I might not comment often, but I really enjoy looking at all the entries and learning what I can. When it comes to voting... I vote on a few and then come back, and so on. Well, It's 11pm here. Nice and quiet. Good time for some choppin'.

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:51 am   Reply with quote         

yep never edit just for a name change...never ever...trust me 10 votes...position 14...edit name change...10 votes position 42...11 votes contests ends...never ever edit for a name change... Crying or Very sad

TheShaman

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

blue you're wrong. You can change the title or the notes all you want and you WILL NOT LOOSE your place in line. The only time you will move positions is when you edit the actual image.

Trust me, I've had a title that I didn't like and I've messed around and changed it up, and it doesn't effect placement. Neither does adding or subtracting authors notes.

Site Moderator

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Shaman is correct.
You can edit comments or titles without losing place in a contest.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
yep never edit just for a name change...never ever...trust me 10 votes...position 14...edit name change...10 votes position 42...11 votes contests ends...never ever edit for a name change... Crying or Very sad

That only happened for a VERY brief time period, you were quite unlucky. It was back when "editing affects your placement" was first implemented. Like said, you can edit title and author notes without fear of dropping your spot. If you need some counciling or therapy to get you editing titles during contest again, I'll be here for you. Laughing
blue_lurker

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn it Bill...(Lays on cyber couch)...man I cant take the preasure any more...(Sniff)...Kids want to leave home but still pay rent (sigh)...wife wants to try this threesome thing, with her hot girlfriend...boss wants to give me more money and only wants me to work three days a week...my local pub wont let me pay for the beer I drink...and well its just all to much...and now ya tell me I was just unlucky...when will all this end Confused

cafn8d

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Your version:
blue_lurker wrote:
Damn it Bill...(Lays on cyber couch)...man I cant take the preasure any more...(Sniff)...Kids want to leave home but still pay rent (sigh)...wife wants to try this threesome thing, with her hot girlfriend...boss wants to give me more money and only wants me to work three days a week...my local pub wont let me pay for the beer I drink...and well its just all to much...and now ya tell me I was just unlucky...when will all this end Confused

alternate universe 1:
blue_lurker wrote:
Damn it Bill...(Lays on cyber couch)...man I cant take the preasure any more...(Sniff)...Kids want me to leave home but still pay rent (sigh)...wife wants to try this threesome thing, with her hot girlfriend's grandfather...boss wants to give me less money and wants me to work eight days a week...my local pub wont serve me any more beer 'cause my counterfeit money's no good...and well its just all to much...and now ya tell me I was just unlucky...when will all this end Confused

alternate universe 2:
blue_lurker wrote:
Damn it Bill...(Lays on cyber couch)...man I cant take the preasure any more...(Sniff)...Midget wrestlers want to live in my basement and pay rent (sigh)...wife wants to try this threesome thing, with her hot midget girlfriend...boss wants to give me my own division of sexy midget wrestlers and an unlimited budget of lime jello...my local pub wont let me pay for the beer I drink, because the midget wrestlers already take care of the tab...and well its just all to much...and now ya tell me I was just unlucky...when will all this end Confused

alternate universe 3:
I finally shut up. (Yeah, right!) Laughing

Sassy

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Here ya go Blurker Very Happy

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL!!! Sassy. I've been called many things in my life, but "Blurker" is A 1st.

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

point_n_click wrote:
LOL!!! Sassy. I've been called many things in my life, but "Blurker" is A 1st.

Laughing Laughing Laughing "Blurker" is one nickname for Blue Lurker, the PSCer fixated on midgets in "alternate universe 2" of my post, above... but hey, if the moniker and/or fixation with midgets "fits" you, too...

um...

I really don't know how to finish that thought, so I'll just let you fill in the blanks. ________________ ____________ _____________ _________ _________________ ________________ Wink Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Editing an ACTIVE contest...... - Reply to topic