Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rey Rey's Appendix Burst (What the ......) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

So, has he exploded yet?

Shocked

Just foolin' ReyReyRey!

Laughing

Will_E_Makit

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sorry to hear that Rey.I do know how you feel though. Had the same thing happen to me about 3 or 4 years ago. Get well bro, we miss ya!

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

does it hurt to cough by chance?

ReyRey

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

I went to see my own doctor yesterday. I explained to him that I was in the hospital on Mon, Tue,and Wed. I told him that the surgeon released me without taking my appendix out. I saw the blood drain from my Doctor's face. He could not believe it. He read all the reports that the hospital had faxed him. He looked even more scared and confused. He said (while stuttering from confusion) "Everything I'm reading tells me you should have went straight to the operating room. This scares me." He said, "wait here, I'm going to get another opinion." he called a surgeon that he trusts and the surgeon asked him if he was joking. He said, there was no way that I should have left a hospital with a white blood cell count as high as mine. He told my doctor to send me right to the hospital for another Cat Scan and said he would meet me there. I had the Cat Scan right away and met the Doctor. he looked scared. He said my white blood cell count scares the hell out of him. He said he would have cut the appendix out right away. He could not undersatnd why someone would not. (Now I'M really F$#!! nervous) Then he said that I have already been on the treatment plan and it seems to be fighting the infection so he is going to keep me on the antibiotics but he wants to see me every day for at least a week. He looked so scared it made my heart sink. This sucks!!!!!! I keep getting fevers. (He said I will for a while) He said , no matter what, If I get a fever over 101.5 or start shivering uncontrolably to call him right away and if his answering service tries to take a message, tell them no. Tell them The doctor said to let me through to him right away. So now I am supposed to go home and relax....... Shocked RRRRIIIIIIIIGHT!!! Confused Laughing

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Wow Rey!
Shocked

See, that's why I'm all in favor of second and third opinions!

Want me to send you some "chill pills"???

Smile

anfa

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Feck me, that sounds a bit dodgey Rey. Good luck man!! Surprised

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

Wow... I was telling my dad about your plight last night and he said "what?! That doesn't make sense... if it ruptured, the would have to have taken it out immediately." I guess my dad was right... and, no, he isn't in the medical field. Damn... try to relax! Confused

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

GET IT OUT NOW!

I don't understand how the one doc could question the call and say it should have been taken out immediately. Then he decides to follow the "don't do anything" routine? That doesn't seem right. It seems like a few DR's trying to cover each others collective anal sphincters. Shocked

cafn8d

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

I've been anxious for you, too, ReyRey. I am by no means a medical professional, but it seemed to my own sensibilities that the risk of sepsis was huge. After your latest update, I finally looked up "ruptured appendicitis." It is most common in children, and appendicitis becomes increasingly likely as one gets older. I think I read that one in 500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with appendicitis each year. Most articles I found deal primarily children--and paying subscribers, so little more than synopses were available. This article at least does indicate that your proscribed protocol is not unique. "If perforation has occurred, one must decide on immediate operation or initial medical treatment with appendectomy 8-12 weeks later (interval appendectomy). Children who are clinically well are appropriate candidates for interval appendectomy." Do you know whether you have an abscess around your appendix? Seems, in some cases, the body walls off infection by building an abscess. Medical treatment prior to surgery typically involves antibiotics and draining of the abscess. Here's the link to the whole article. http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2925.htm If I find anything else worth passing on, I will. Hug

Marx-Man

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

lol i am not in the least bit surprised that the doctor got scared...

a burst appendix leads to peritonitis (leaking of the digestive bacterias causing infection in the tissue surrounding the area of the breach..( as ecoli and so on live naturally in the the intestinal environment an escape could result in a massive infection and death you should have gone for the op. )

the white cell count is an indication of infection in the gut cavity... the anitbiotics could take care of the infection if taken regularly but there is 0.1% chance of evolution of a strain resistant to the antibiotics...

long and short of it...

if you dont stay off your feet and relax the stress can prevent a quick recovery. and increase the risk of an evolved strain...

Basically your appendicitus has lead to infection...

The brown urine is a sign of internal bleeding... proberly from the origional rupture... but i am still amazed they didn't decide to operate.

ReyRey

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Do you know whether you have an abscess around your appendix? Seems, in some cases, the body walls off infection by building an abscess. Medical treatment prior to surgery typically involves antibiotics and draining of the abscess. Here's the link to the whole article. http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2925.htm If I find anything else worth passing on, I will. Hug
Quote:

Yes Caf,
There is an abscess. he said that is the only thing stopping it from leaking right now. It kind of walled itself in. But if that breaks I could be in trouble. The doc also said the brown urine is from the antibiotic that I am taking. (That was good news Confused )

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

I'm praying for you Rey...

but I smell lawsuit

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

but I smell lawsuit

That's the brown urine you smell. Laughing

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

but I smell lawsuit

That's the brown urine you smell. Laughing

Embarassed

I was SOOOOOO close to writing this....

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked huh... I didn't know lawsuits smelled like urine.. I should have known that though Laughing

reminds me of a joke... Why was it such a tragedy when 4 lawyers in an Audi flew off a bridge and were killed?

Cause a mini van can hold 8! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rey Rey's Appendix Burst (What the ......) - Reply to topic