Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Illustrator - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

BLURS!!!!

Box Blur

50%

50%

[ 2 ]

Shape blur

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

Lens blur

50%

50%

[ 2 ]

Surface blur

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4

FootFungas

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I just got creative suite 2 and wow there is a lotta stuff!

I am mainly focusing on learning Illustrator right now and wondered if you guys have any tips or hints to help speed up the learning?

And, Is it just me or does CS2 have a buttload of blurs?

mikey

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Congrats! Cool Here's something I found" Very Happy
roundpixel.org

mikey

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

I'm learning Illustrator too" Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

illustrator is a great package. probably the 2 best things to know about it is you can make your own art brushes (when designing stuff it speeds up your workflow a lot) and you should learn how to do blends. very usefull. very usefull indeed.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

No Illustrator here.. Sad Maybe I should down-ahem get it sometime... But CS 2 is still good! Very Happy

FootFungas

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

Thats a cool site.
And I gotta admit "pinch" and "spherize" sounds a LOT better than "pucker" and "bloat"

mikey

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

"pinch" and "spherize" sounds a LOT better than "pucker" and "bloat" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Granulated

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

they all sound kinda bowel movement related !

couldb5150

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

MY ADVICE:

Become a master at using Illustrators Pen Tool....live it...love it ...be at one with it...........once you feel totally comfortable and can do all you try to w the pen tool you will be surprised how clean the rest of work in Illustartor comes along......also if you are new to illustrator you may find it a bit easier once you have made a shape with (paintbrush,pen tool etc) to quickly go around the inside circumfrence with the smooth tool (sub directory in pencil tool) this will smooth out irregular edges .....something I had tons of when first starting out w illustrator and the use of its pen tool.....it really saved me a ton of frustration initially..............Oh and FYI IMHO Illistrator is by far more difficult to learn than Photoshop.....I actually went back to colleg to get it down pat.......and be able to fully understand and use all its tools.....so my point is dont be overwhelmed by it at first!!!

good luck.......
and as i tell all my dates .......sorry this things so long !!!

Bwaghahahahahaahhaahhah

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

coincidentally, I got Illustrator a couple of days ago from my art teacher. Haven't installed it since my pc has been getting progressively slower and slower, so much that I can't even really do anything in Photoshop right now... Crying or Very sad so I'm just waiting for a new pc to be able to play with Illustrator.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Call me a lunatic, but I've always found the pen tool in CorelDraw much easier and intuitive to use (as is the interface). On the other hand, Corel has a bunch of shortcomings and idiosyncracies. More often than not I work out my outlines in Corel, then export them to Illustrator, which has a ton of rich features that you can't find anywhere else.

armogeden

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:
MY ADVICE:

Become a master at using Illustrators Pen Tool....live it...love it ...be at one with it...........once you feel totally comfortable and can do all you try to w the pen tool you will be surprised how clean the rest of work in Illustartor comes along......also if you are new to illustrator you may find it a bit easier once you have made a shape with (paintbrush,pen tool etc) to quickly go around the inside circumfrence with the smooth tool (sub directory in pencil tool) this will smooth out irregular edges .....something I had tons of when first starting out w illustrator and the use of its pen tool.....it really saved me a ton of frustration initially..............Oh and FYI IMHO Illistrator is by far more difficult to learn than Photoshop.....I actually went back to colleg to get it down pat.......and be able to fully understand and use all its tools.....so my point is dont be overwhelmed by it at first!!!

good luck.......
and as i tell all my dates .......sorry this things so long !!!

Bwaghahahahahaahhaahhah

i disagree. i think if your going to use illustrator you may as well use something different than the pen tool> photoshop's pen tool is much better than illustrator's any way. if you really wanna learn it just open it up for a few hours, do a few tutorials, experiment a bit and generally get a feel for the program. especially learn how the layers work as i think thats probably the hardest thing to grasp when going from photoshop to illustrator. i would advise using the pencil tool to do your average picture, along with the warp tool for control.

ps. if your gonna do that, double click the warp tool icon and TURN OFF DETAIL AND SIMPLIFY otherwise it screws up your anchor points

sage

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey footfungas, I use Illustrator every day at work. If you or anyone else have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help if I can. (Might take long to answer, though, 'cause I only log on when I'm drunk now, and that only happens every other day Confused )

I'm sober now, but I may see you later.

Wink

FootFungas

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, Its a lot different than photoshop.
I know the pen from PS so that helps.
The thing that is taking the most getting used to is the color swatches dragging and constantly changing.
And I miss my alt+Click clipping layers.

sage

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

OK...I was kidding about the drunk thing....

fungas: what are you dragging?

sincerely,

sage

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Illustrator - Reply to topic