Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - OMG - it's HAPPENING. ReinMan goes OS-X ! HELP!!!!!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which Computer do you own? (not which is BETTER - just "which do you own") ;)

PC based machine

64%

64%

[ 37 ]

MAC based machine

35%

35%

[ 20 ]

Total Votes: 57

Marx-Man

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

nice one ReinMan nice going i recomend the foollowin programs....

for video
Photoshop
Dvd studio pro.
Final Cut Pro.
Adobe After effects

for web:
Dreamweaver
Photoshop (of course.)
And illustrator...
Cin 4d
Flash

get those and you can make vids and website with ease like the ones ya see on mtv...

but dont forget the good ones have a clever use of masking...
and good interactive wesites have flash in them.

MindGraph

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

What ReinMan didn't recommend is getting a good job to pay for all that good software.... Wink

Oscar

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
What ReinMan didn't recommend is getting a good job to pay for all that good software.... Wink

Who pays for software anyways? i got my Photoshop cd off some guy with a black raincoat and a 80's caravan.*

*Just being funny, i buy all my software legally

Ohh and ReinMan thanks to your thread i decided to go Mac too, i just purchased two ibooks... if you read my latest thread you'll see. Wink

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
nice one ReinMan nice going i recomend the foollowin programs....

for video
Photoshop
Dvd studio pro.
Final Cut Pro.
Adobe After effects

for web:
Dreamweaver
Photoshop (of course.)
And illustrator...
Cin 4d
Flash

get those and you can make vids and website with ease like the ones ya see on mtv...

but dont forget the good ones have a clever use of masking...
and good interactive wesites have flash in them.

I wouldn't recommend anything he recommends. Even if it is actually recommendable! Wink

ReinMan

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

Who pays for software anyways? i got my Photoshop cd off some guy with a black raincoat and a 80's caravan.*

*Just being funny, i buy all my software legally

Ohh and ReinMan thanks to your thread i decided to go Mac too, i just purchased two ibooks... if you read my latest thread you'll see. Wink

Good one! I think that this windows VISTA crap (do you really think you are going to have an EASY install??Rolling Eyes ) is going to swing a lot of fence sitters over to the MAC side. It is no surprise that MAC is pushing their new ad campaign so hard!!

------------------------

Well I've decided to also invest in Creative Suite Premium. I can do 90% of my business with that.

As far as legal software, I gotta admit that my XP graphics stuff probably wouldn't pass the Bill Gates Inquisition... Here's My Story:

I went back to college in 2000. Now, there are many of us old folks around who say to each other "If I could only do my 20's again with what I know now it would be SO different". Well, I'm here to tell you I made the same stupid mistakes as I did the FIRST time I went to college (like dating a classmate! Razz).

ANYWAY - my media design course cost me every penny I had saved up (approx $20K CDN for the whole year of "fine" education and the joy of downtown living in Toronto) At that time I made a deal with God (no shit!) and this was the deal: while I'm a poor student, and while I'm taking years to pay off the load, I was going to accept any FREE software that came my way. And this is what I did. And the Primary Facilitating Mechanism of the Universe turned up some really good apps over the following years.

WELL, last year my loans were completed and I'm going to keep to my part of the deal. So faced with (slowly) buying licensed copies of my software now, I figured it might as well be MAC.

Also, as a (now starting to be) successful "A"rtist, It only feels right to pay other creative types (and the software I use is not designed by Dull Suits, I'll tell you!) for their ideas and hard work. How the hell can I ask $70~$200 an hour for my hard work if I'm not willing to pay some other dudes for the same thing. As Earl has learned, Karma is Karma. Very Happy

Okay - thanks for reading this entry in my Blog. Please stay tuned for more wacky Change Over Fun here in ReinLand!

PS. downloading the ENTIRE Creative Suite from Adobe has been QUITE the interesting experiment. Next time I go find it in a box at the local drug store!!!!

ReinMan

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

It is also interesting to note that there is about 1/2 the votes on this thread NOT using PC. I am surprised a bit by that. But not so much (as Borat would say).

And I REALLY APPRECIATE you guys for not fighting in this thread about which system is better. I fully admit that the work I've done in the last half decade or so was just as good in the end result as if I had used MACs... but already I can FEEL the difference in HOW I'm going to work using my iMAC, and the feeling is good!

And a HAPPY artist tends to do better work. (unless of course you are still going through your "I GOTTA SUFFER SO I CAN FEEL MY WORK BETTER!" phase. Thank heavens, I've walked away from that particular pathway now! Wink

Anyway - I'm typing WAY TOO MUCH this morning. And I haven't even had my COFFEE yet!!! Shocked

GOOD DAY!

--------------------------------------------

I said GOOD DAY!

Oscar

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

100% of my computer software wont pass anything really. I figure, if I'm going to buy PhotoShop for $500+ i better make sure I'm going to learn how to use it and do something positive with it. Then in the future ill buy it... maybe when CS15 comes out. Wink

kooi

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

buy photoshop 6 and update it to cs2 oder 3!!! Wink

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Anyway - I'm typing WAY TOO MUCH this morning. And I haven't even had my COFFEE yet!!! Shocked

GOOD DAY!

--------------------------------------------

I said GOOD DAY!

Embarassed Uhh.. Mr. Reinman, sir. Here's your everlasting gobstopper back.

Wink

cafn8d

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

Har! Very Happy

Yes, it is a different world now.

But I gotta be honest... (as I always do my best to be)... the change over has been, and continues to be, very stressful! I've built my business on years of PC use/abuse and as sweet as the MAC is, I'm currently a GuruDude in PCland, and in MACland I'm just a slumpt. This is a stressful thing in itself.

But my deepest heart (right next to my liver!) tells me all will be for the best in the long time. I just picked up a $250 19" LCD monitor (with two wacky pixels on it) that digitally is now connected to my iMac. That gives me about 39" of real estate to get lost in. YOIKS! The simple brilliant way that MAC allows two monitors to work together is SO Smile inducing.

But now, I gotta get this frickin PC program to work right. It is almost brilliant. But it has some flaws that haven't been ironed out yet. I'm heating the iron up now! Razz

Again, I appreciate all your support. I don't chop much here anymore (my dues have been paid up until around 2009 me thinks!) but you are still my Online Family.

(manly) Hugs and (chaste) Kisses,
ReinMan

cafn8d

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

So? How's it going? Wink

ReinMan

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, thanks for thinking of me!

What a week! I gotta tell you, I've never downloaded and updated and sideswiped so much in my life!!!!!!!

The MAC is COOL, but switching from PC was a LOT of work. Also, I was switching my fiance's POS computer over to my fairly excellent PC as well. So - I had TONS o' GIGABYTES to juggle and not lose.

In the end, as Borat would say: "Great Success!" Very Happy

Today I hook up my music studio interface - the last thing to be turned into MacFodder. I'm rather excited. I think I'll write a we song about my past week's experience to celebrate the situation i now find myself in. Wink

It also feels GOOD to actually OWN my software. I have low issues with "borrowing" software for a while, but in the end I did not feel right making $$$ from it if I wasn't willing to pay the folks that made the gear that helped me make the $$$. So that part is good too.

And, HELL, I LOVE Kraft Dinner! I don't mind eatin' it for a year or so! Very Happy (and Helen isn't too worried either yet - but once the glamour of her Major PC Upgrade gets a bit thin she might start wanting HAMBURGER!!!!!)

Okay - ReinMan OUT! (for now!)

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

So... when will we be seeing you convert to Linux? Wink

Yes, yes, mac is Unix/Linux based, but will we be expecing to see you convert to a full Linux OS in the future? Razz

ReinMan

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah - now I can get back to the drudgery of work! Razz

Believe me - one Core Conversion per decade is my speed. Linux will have to wait! Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - OMG - it's HAPPENING. ReinMan goes OS-X ! HELP!!!!!!!! - Reply to topic