Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Which brushes is this guy using? - Reply to topic

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjcHhjt6bYo

is he using a brush-pack? If so, where can you find a brush pack for drawing people like that? He does the facial hair super-fast, along with the regular hair on his head. I would like to be able to achieve those results with hair.
Very Happy

please help!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

Actually I just checked my Inbox at Youtube after posting this and this is what he told me:

"I use a digital tablet to do my paintings (genius mouse pen 8x6), a very simple and cheap tablet.
Drawing is part of my work and the secret is only the practice, the photoshop's tools that I've used, are the basic ones, two or three brushes and three or four layers.
Thanks for writing!!!
Regards from Argentina
-NEXX-"

Ok so the layers I cab see but he says he only uses the basic ones? I looked through ALL of my basic brushes and I didn't find ANY of the ones he used.

I also saw on another thread Mikey posted:

"That was so awesome and educational too! Very Happy ~ I noticed the use of several custom brushes."

Maybe you experts can help me? judging from the video, is he really using the basic brushes in Photoshop? Exclamation

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

HOLY CRAP!!! That was cool!

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

he used normal brushes just varying thre size, feathering and pressure, then worked like a king to do what he did, would have taken the best part of a day to do that, but if you look closely, you can see its just a round brush set to different settings as he worked Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

thank you marco! maybe some others can verify that this is indeed true.

also, how does he move his hand so fast to make it so quick?

j/k Laughing

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

I was looking and I agree with Marco that most of it was just the standard brushes, but the hair has me mystified... I dunno how he did that!

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

still the same method Trix, lots of variets of brush presure and shades though, and especially size being important to give a very detailed look, you can't do this without a tablet though.... unless you have a spare month and a very steady hand Laughing

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

wait didn't he do multiple hairs at once though? I doubt he did each hair individually

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

The hair brush looked like that grass brush to me, but he seemed to be able to change the angle. That would account for the multiple hairs at once thing that LT is referencing. Do you see what we're talking about, Marco?

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

Yes! He surely used normal brushes. With tablet, opacity & size set on pen pressure, it's not so hard to do with some practice + patience. For realistic illustration, you have to know artists are using one or few source pictures... it helps! Wink

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, you can see him drag the source pic around near the beginning. I actually posted this video yesterday in another thread. I agree though, he's using basic brushes. I've got a tablet and I practice doing these. Someday, I hope to be able to draw people, as well as other things, as well as this guy. Smile

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Id like to know what software he used for the video, id like to do one like this one day...?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Which brushes is this guy using? - Reply to topic