Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

hi all. i just came back from a good friends 30th b-day party. let me start it out this way....

i am obviously a sk8rpunk i have a fohawk i wear studs and dress in that way etc... i walked into a beautiful home w/ a lot of nicely dressed people... the complete opisite of what i'm used to.

all i got was dirty looks like what is this guy doing here... and it made me feel very shitty. no one except my friend and her amidate family talked to me. i went around and introduced my self even and still was shunned.

so i took off. i'm a nice guy i think and i keep an open mind towards things. but sometimes i get so pissed that people judge me by the way i look. hell i'm not sure why i'm writing this but other to just get peoples feed back on this situation.

has anyone been in this situation? and if so how does it make you feel?

-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

matt remember these very same people would have shunned Sam Walton and he practically owned most of America. They would have looked down on him because he looked like a farmer. And to think about all the girls down the road that are kicking themselves for not paying attention to Bill Gates when he was a teen.. and looking quite nerdy. Looks do not the man make it is what is inside and the character.

kinetic_be

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I think that's cool Matt.
Dress the way you like unless you want to get in-line with the rest of the sheeps.
You can tell who's a sheep. Those who get affected by 'difference' in a sheeply environment Smile

kinetic_be

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

oh, and about your title.
Most ppl judge by the cover.
Too bad though.

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

oh and I remember too this story my husband told me about back in the day when long hair was considered very hippy . The valedictorian was told to cut his hair or he would not be allowed to appear at the graduation. He flipped them off and kept his hair and went on to better things and bigger minds.

Tarmac

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

Apathy is your best course of action, especially where arse-wipes are concerned. You were hurt by these people at the party because you cared TOO much. That is, you cared to focus on what they thought of you instead of caring less. My 2˘ worth of advise is to learn how to exercise selective apathy towards those who don't deserve your kindness. And never, EVER, run away from anything (leaving was unnecessary). Next time this happens, be the second to the last person to leave. Thank the host profusely, telling them you had a wonderful time and enjoyed their home and all their friends and guests. Be bigger than than those who wish to harm you. You'll win, and they'll lose every time. Very Happy

anfa

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

Cry 2 tears in a bucket, fuck it!

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

Hey if your friend and her family would still have ya then screw the rest of them.

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

It doesn't hurt to change matt. It's all good when your with friends and such but when you go and meet new peeps you need to be prepared. You wouldn't dress the way you do to a job interview huh?

The sad truth is we have to adapt or we will fail... ohh and anfa is right. Cool

TresDEE

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I think that's cool Matt.
Dress the way you like unless you want to get in-line with the rest of the sheeps.
You can tell who's a sheep. Those who get affected by 'difference' in a sheeply environment Smile

I gotta say very well put.....

I Look at it the opposite way though. I feel sorry for such people.. Being trapped and not even knowing it, were you are free, free to express, They're the ones that are slaves.. captivated by what is programmed through years and years of generational learning of what is supposed to be considered normal... "U can't do that, U need to dress a certain way, Don't forget to comb ur hair, SIT UP! " The list goes on for a very long way.. I've always chosen a route to NOT be like the "NORM" I tried it once.. and found it disturbing.. very dull and the same routine over day's end to begin a new but the exact same. Nothing... You can kindda tell by my music preference, I like to stand out, I usually cause the scene of where I go, I wanna be heard most the time, Unless I have a headache.. Goofy is what I am,

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:47 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe some people should know this one..... then it will sort itself out some day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqMw4Au71bU

splodge

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 am   Reply with quote         

i'm a 52 year old biker/rocker and i look the part, i dont go to nice places Laughing
on the bright side, me and a few workmates down London took two visiting bosses to a rock bar and the door men would not let the bosses in, they looked too nice in there suits and ties, even though one was an old biker friend of mine from home Smile

me looking the part of the big old biker

Hallcross Toots
Meaty

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:06 am   Reply with quote         

Why worry about whats total strangers think of you, theres prolly little chance you will meet them again. You are an INDIVIDUAL, so why worry that you dont fit in with the people who are affraid to be individuals. TBH the looks you where getting were prolly more of envy than distaste.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic