Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - TEAM CHOP SIGN UP (just incase) ;oP - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

for instance...a rule I have thought would be reasonable...

no team can be made up of two members in the "This Weeks Leaders" section on the bottom of the home page.

no team can be made up of two members on the "Monthly Leaders" list

no team can be made up of two members appearing on the "Previous Monthly Leaders" list.

The reason for this is I dont want newer memers that arent always in the forum looking at the list of teams and seeing some made up of "Leaders". This can be intimidating to newer members and they may not bother to find a team and join in on the fun. The idea is to try and include everyone, newer, older, pro, not so pro.

this is why I asked if any team has a pscore over 100, to PM me (not Marco) and I would make a decision

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE ONLY RULES

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase, DID U THOUGHT ABOUT THIS IMPORTANT FACT : MONTHLY LEADERS MEAN REGULAR CHOPPERS TOO... PEOPLE THAT HAVE TIME TO WORK ON A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF CHOPS PER MONTH ! i just made my team with Candyart, shes 34 pscore its cool, we are 90 pscore total, AND I KNOW SHE WONT MISS ANY DAY OF TEAM CHOP CONTEST, I wont pick someone who im not sure to be able to post for teh reason of time or work or anything.
Showcase

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Micose, you're wrong. the teams only MUST post on the one day of the week that is part of the competition. Votes arent counted for every contest. Only the one day of the week that counts for the team chop.

If there is a member that doesnt post everyday, they still can get their image in just once a week and still do well.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
Micose, you're wrong. the teams only MUST post on the one day of the week that is part of the competition. Votes arent counted for every contest. Only the one day of the week that counts for the team chop.

If there is a member that doesnt post everyday, they still can get their image in just once a week and still do well.

is my team with Candyart is ok ?
Showcase

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I dont know micose. I didnt start this team sign up thread cuz I wasnt ready to get into this shit yet. I dont have the rules figured out...NOTHING!!

WAIT until MY thread that outlines the rules and team requirements and then we'll see.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

OK!
(your last rule will be hard to be applied believe me,but good luck!)
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

It wasnt the toe stepping that was the problem...it was that I wasnt ready. I thought I made that clear.

I dont know what the rules are (and they have always been sorta loose) and to start putting teams together now is a little premature.

I was just surprised to see the thread. I appreciate the attempt at helping.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

I don't see the problem with all the teams, you said higher ones would be able to slightly go over the 100, you even said the limit isn't actually set, it at your discretion, to which I told you just to say if a team is allowed.

Why, the teams can't start forming I am totally confused about, there are already some great match ups and olders with newers etc.

I was just building the excitment, and getting people interested.

its not like I took over, this surely helps, ready or not, everyone knows it isn't starting for a while.

better than a last minute rush.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

thats what I was going off, with addition of the slight loosening of the 100 pscore rule for some teams.

You new rules you state will make it impossible, they have to be mostly regular posters Show, alot post a few times a month, it could really mes teams up.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Just one comment.

Anfa and Marx-Man.

Classic.

cafn8d

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay! Group hug time!

or, uh, yeah...

er... never mind. Laughing Laughing

Seriously, though... it is difficult to keep track of who said what and when if there's more than one thread involved. *okay, David beat me to that link*

Showcase wrote:
Showcase wrote:
IDK. its the rules and its not changing from 120 either so keep your crazy math to yourself. Very Happy

Scratch THAT!! Im sticking to 100! Very Happy

I will make exceptions however. PM me the team you would like and I'll make note. Scion is right, the idea was so that some of the "newer" people could get on board with some of the "older" people. I liked it that way...as did Others I think.

Marco, sorry buddy. PM me what you were thinking and I'll see.

I think we all appreciate our cheerleaders even when the team coaches are not ready to start the game! The runaway enthusiasm is symptomatic of PSC being STARVED for community activity like these! Feast or famine, you know... Life happens and we don't have these games nearly as often as many of us would like... and sometimes we've had them in quick, overwhelming succession that's hard to keep up with. (enter joke about my just being "slow" here) Laughing

As far as making up teams... it's like fantasy kickball for school kids looking forward to gym class. It's fine to dream up who you want to play with, but until the gym instructor sets the ground rules and approves the teams, you don't know if you'll actually get to play with who you want to. You don't even know if it'll be kickball at all. Might be t-ball... which is a totally different ballgame. Okay... I'll stop babbling now...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just put a disclaimer "all teams subject to qualification and approval by Showcase." Very Happy

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Marco, I appreciate the attempt at helping. The rules may change or they may not. Thats the point. Starting this now is too premature thats all. I just wish you had checked with me first.

I dont care if someone wants to take this over. They can run it the way they see fit, decide teams, track it all. I dont care.

But if I'm doing it, it needs to be when Im ready and by the rules I come up with. Ive always been open to suggestions and have always been fair I think. The rules may change...they may not. I have not set anything in stone. I can tell you that the 3 or 4 REGULARS that are in the forums all the time telling me my rules are ridiculous arent going to make me change the rules. I'm trying to draw MORE people in and to do that, you cant have all the regulars with names in the leader boards already matched up and running.

I disagree with the whole argument that people only post once a month. We have many more than the 12 people that patrol these boards post in this forum and I'd like time to get some of these OTHER people informed of what this is and maybe, JUST MAYBE, get a few of them to post 4 times in one month instead of 1...you know...the spirit of the challenge and shit.

Marco, you're like MR Welcomer to new members. You can join the spirit and pick one of these people you PM to be your partner instead of mikey. Im almost sure of it. I want to see some different names in on this thing. We had a few the last time.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

shabba

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - TEAM CHOP SIGN UP (just incase) ;oP - Reply to topic