Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Windows and Adobe Photoshop Colors - Reply to topic

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi! The problem with my Adobe is that when I create a image and I save it, no matter .jpg or .png and I open it, with the windows program it's colors are different, it's more red and brighten and this spoils all my work. So how can I fix it? I tried with Adobe Gamma but it didn't help! Rolling Eyes

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Mimsun wrote:
Hi! The problem with my Adobe is that when I create a image and I save it, no matter .jpg or .png and I open it, with the windows program it's colors are different, it's more red and brighten and this spoils all my work. So how can I fix it? I tried with Adobe Gamma but it didn't help! Rolling Eyes

try resetting all tools to default in photoshop.

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

well it didn't help

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

the adobe gamma thingy will only affect yer monitor... someone correct me if im wrong... the problem is that your color profiles most likely different between photoshop and windows

windows usually runs default rgb-IECsomethin. it will look different especially if ya open in image/fax view thing... check what yer color settings are in photoshop under EDIT >> COLOR SETTINGS. usually ya want a higher color range in photoshop (adobe RGB 1998 or colormatch).

added:

also asign your images with profile and that will also prevent it from changing.

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
Marx-Man

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Mimsun wrote:

so your problem is...

With ps when you create, then save and open it your colours are distinctly different... (is it adobe's output settings)

now by open with the windows program that kinda hints your moving from mac to pc (are you changing os)

but if its not what windows program are you using to veiw it... and does it look any different on other machines... (is it just that one windows machine)

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

It's a color profile problem. Just keep trying different color profiles until you find one that matches everything up. You'll find the color profile settings somewhere in the menus.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

I've got similar problem whenever I use Save for Web. The color in my .psd is "warmer" until I do a save for web. Then the colors become cooler. Below is as close as I can get it to how it is. But in real life the colors are even more off. The left is more brown/yellow range.

Edit: Following the advice given here I put my settings to what's shown below and it seems to work better on my laptop's screen. Tomorrow will tell if it looks better on my LCD monitor (I run dual screen could that be part of the problem?).

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

thats cause of the changes in gamut ranges... the amounts of color in each profile... default rgb-iesomethin bein low and adobe 1998 being at the higher amount of colors. one thing ya can do is before ya save fer web is throw an hue/saturation adjustment layer on top and just saturate the hell out of it... well.. within reason. then save fer web and see if the colors come a lil closer to what ya want them to be.

better idea is setting yer preview options under VIEW >> PROOF SETUP... choose in Mimsun case Window RGB. hit Ctrl Y and it will give you a preview. hit Ctrl Y again to switch back to regular.

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
MindGraph

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:45 am   Reply with quote         

on your color management set up (tofu posted a pic of it) check your color managment settings to see if you have it set to Preserve Embedded Profiles. It may be on Convert to RGB,CMYK or Gray setting which will change the profile you saved your image to. It's in edit/color settings.
Hope that helps.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Windows and Adobe Photoshop Colors - Reply to topic