Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Photoshop Seminar - Reply to topic

bneises

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

Has anyone gone to a Photoshop seminar before? I'm looking to go to the one here in DC on the 19th and I was wondering if its worth the $99 registration.

http://www.photoshopseminars.com/class/109/

bneises

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

I went to one and have no idea if it's worth paying for :)

bneises

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

ok besides money, was it worth your time?

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

I've never been to one, but I think going to that one would be worth it, just to meet the instructor Bert Monroy.

mikey

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

Sad nobody needs my tut? )-:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
Has anyone gone to a Photoshop seminar before? I'm looking to go to the one here in DC on the 19th and I was wondering if its worth the $99 registration.

http://www.photoshopseminars.com/class/109/

Who should attend:
http://www.photoshopseminars.com/attend.html

mupshur

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

I went to one and I really thought it was not worth it myself. Problem was the people who were taking it were VERY new to Photoshop so even thought it was the advanced class we spent most of it going over levels, hues, unsharp mask and gradients. I guess if you don't know that stuff it will be worth it. I was bored out of my mind BUT they did have a computer for each of us and I WAS able to play with Photoshop instead of working that day so I guess that part was worth it.

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I have been to several photoshop seminars. Ive also been to photoshopworld conferences. I usually goto the photoshop seminars that Burt Monroy teaches. He is a master at using photoshop (all the tools,technology, and tablets). I went to several of his classes at the las vegas convention...and the depth of realism that he achieves using photoshop is awesome. Just sitting talking to him you learn alot. I've also attened one of Dave Cross' seminars. His really go over techniques, tips, and mostly his new "finishing touches". If your a NAPP member, the seminars only cost 79 dollars. I think its better to invest in becoming a NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals)..at the photoshopuser.com site first becuase they have a wealth of resources, tutorals, and videos. Then i would goto one of the Photoshop World Conventions. The seminars lately have had some new material being covered with the PS3 coming out soon. For those on a budget...the seminars are ok. Again...invest in becoming a NAPP member if your a newbie. If your a photoshop vet...then fork up some money and goto photoshop world.

-dbbowling (www.photoshopdave.com)

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Photoshop Seminar - Reply to topic