Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

Shaman, I completely see where you're coming from on that as well. I tried to follow that approach on the cave contest... giving votes to the best of the best and that's all. I was disturbed by my own response, though, on one of the non-anon contests where i could see how many votes people had and i found myself tempted to withhold votes based on that... wtf?? My point is basically that as long as people are reserving votes for the best of the best then that is how it should work, but if people withhold votes based on competition, that would suck.

If it was up to me, I think I would set it up so people could only see votes and artists after their own vote had been cast. They would have the option of casting an anonymous "no-vote" which the voter alone would see or a vote like we now have, after which point the other information would become visible to the voter.

But I'm over thinking it anyway -you're all right that it's all about the chops anyway. Smile

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

I just wanted to take this moment to tell you that you are all loved by someone today....it might not be me but.......well.....someone Laughing Laughing Laughing

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
I just wanted to take this moment to tell you that you are all loved by someone today....it might not be me but.......well.....someone Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shocked Laughing

We need one of those smilies that takes a sip of water & then spits it out laughing! Smile

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Geeeze thanks alot! Got to 115 votes cast and I had 0/0, Now somebody went and voted for it.... Sad Thanks Jerk! Laughing

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
I am calling on everyone to check and compare all the anon contests that have started to emerge again (thank God). Entries/Votes are so low

I think you have to look at people's motivations for voting.

A big chunk of the votes in a given contest comes from entrants within that contest.

In a regular competition, entrants know that if they vote for someone, the favor will be returned.

In anonymous contests, the favor can't be returned.
By voting for someone, you may actually be hurting your own chances of winning. Therefore, less votes are cast.

just a theory.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

I was thinking that BCop, but ant the end of the day, surely you feel like a prize fool, and the guilt will destroy you Confused

unless of course you share the qualities of a serial killing psycho, and don't give a damn.

But in my opinion you gotta vote for what is good, and what has good ideas and direction.

Others do things different, and thats the way it is. each to there own. Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
I was thinking that BCop, but ant the end of the day, surely you feel like a prize fool, and the guilt will destroy you Confused

unless of course you share the qualities of a serial killing psycho, and don't give a damn.

But in my opinion you gotta vote for what is good, and what has good ideas and direction.

Others do things different, and thats the way it is. each to there own. Very Happy

very well put! thanks marco, I was bored to write sth similar! Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

You're not alone. In fact I'm guessing that 100% of members would agree with your opinion in a public poll.

Unfortunately, actual behavior doesn't coincide with this.

The world revolves around incentives. Haven't you read Freakonomics?

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

You're not alone. In fact I'm guessing that 100% of members would agree with your opinion in a public poll.

Agreed. I think most of us TRY to be as fair as possible in these things, but I'm certain that there are people out there who either don't recognize their baser instincts or just don't give a crap and vote their motivations. I mean, just look at the alias crap that went on awhile ago.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
badcop wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Agreed. I think most of us TRY to be as fair as possible in these things, but I'm certain that there are people out there who either don't recognize their baser instincts or just don't give a crap and vote their motivations. I mean, just look at the alias crap that went on awhile ago.

well, that's another sad story!

MindGraph

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Man if your here for the votes then your here for the wrong reason...look, learn and expand your way of thinking, I said it once and I will say it again.

Twisted Evil "Prizes we dont need no stinkin prizes." Twisted Evil

Learn and enjoy what others can do with there skills and different vision...forget the contest part and enjoy photoshop. Very Happy

I love ya man! (he says in his most macho voice)

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

while lifting weights and watching sport Laughing

and BCop, I have not read that but I will look out for it, may go amazon in a bit Very Happy cheers

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Any chopper will pick up Freakonomics just for the cover!

I haven't read it, but I definately noticed it! Smile

Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
Ok Ok, I get your point of view.. Anyway, I repeat that this is not on a personal basis, I don't care 'bout the votes, and couldn't care less about the prizes, hell my first win was a prize and I haven't even opened it yet..

Nice advert for any new members looking at the site.

If you didn't care about votes, you wouldn't have started this thread.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't particularly like the dolphin entries to tell you the truth. >_>

I vote for anons just like I vote for normal contests.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic