Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

I am calling on everyone to check and compare all the anon contests that have started to emerge again (thank God). Entries/Votes are so low, why is everyone so afraid to vote on anon contests, we're not winning any GRAND prizes worth millions, lets not lose the joy of the anons. Vote people, Vote!

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Check today so far for a simple example..
Its 3:15, 32 entries, 3 votes! Sheesh!

bneises

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

I think subconsciously I vote less on prize contests because I become more critical. Its not on purpose but I am definitely guilty of this.

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

Well, my entry sucks today, so I don't see it as undervoted! LOL...

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

agree ....and for... me its opposite to Tix Wink
cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
Check today so far for a simple example..
Its 3:15, 32 entries, 3 votes! Sheesh!

Let me get this straight... you're complaining that "only" 3 votes have been cast in the first fifteen minutes of a contest?! "To each their own," but personally, I think that's wrong. When I vote, I do so as close to the END of a contest as I can, so I can try to go through all the entries (they're STILL coming in, you know), and give people a chance for any editing they may want. A lot of people spread their votes out over all three days, too. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

Micose, that would be tRix... my entry sucks, but I am not a small blood-sucking insect! Wink LOL...

I agree that 15 minutes in is a bit too early to talk about undervoting. I hadn't even opened the contest yet when i saw this thread....

But i have now - there are some really nice entries! Smile

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Just to get things straight, I'm not a complainer, my entries I believe have been a bit undervoted on all the latest anon contests but that's an issue I'll never bring up! I never complain about my personal low votes.. My entries either are liked or not. I'm talking about the low rate of votes in comparsion to open contests, yes 3 votes in 15 minutes in the beginning of a contest IS low..

cherylm329

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's silly that some members only use some of there votes for these prize contests, you have 25 votes why only use 10? Wasn't there a dispute before I came along to get more votes to use and now there not even used, what a waste. That is my opinion at least. I haven't been voting much lately at all, been busy, so I am assuming the same might go for others here too Smile

blue_lurker

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Man if your here for the votes then your here for the wrong reason...look, learn and expand your way of thinking, I said it once and I will say it again.

Twisted Evil "Prizes we dont need no stinkin prizes." Twisted Evil

Learn and enjoy what others can do with there skills and different vision...forget the contest part and enjoy photoshop. Very Happy

creatrix

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

I never thought you were a complainer, Sliv. Smile

But I do understand. The voting is a bit arbitrary. I had an entry in the whale contest - which was anon - and I was surprised at how poorly it did. I'm not complaining - I think the anon contests really give me a chance to see how a piece is really perceived without wondering how much is "friendly voting" or people trying to be encouraging, but I also wonder if people might withhold votes from works they see as competition? I don't know - i'm quite certain that I won't run the risk of losing too many votes to that kind of mentality, but the better choppers - Sliver, Micose, Marco, Mir and the rest - might run into that. Just a theory, but something to consider.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

withholding votes is all i'm talking about, just trying to encourage people to vote on anon's, NOT complaining about low votes, NOT trying to piss anybody off (so just cool it), AM enjoying photoshop in every way..

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Nope i'm just the opposite. I only hand out votes for those I think have a chance of winning the prize... in other words the works that stand out the most or thought outside the box, is this bad? IMPO I don't think so, I have a different set of things I look for in prize contests. Where in normal contests, I will hand out votes for; the effort, ideas, being funny, encouragement etc....

but only what I think are the 'winners' get the votes for prizes... sorry to those I don't vote for, its the way I do it, and I'm not changing. If comments were seen by everyone, I would comment on a lot more anon contests, rather than leaving them w/o anything. and I do comment when I think something can be improved...

take for example the cave contest, I handed out I think 5 freakin' votes... why? because I saw the same idea done over and over and over.... yawn.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
withholding votes is all i'm talking about, just trying to encourage people to vote on anon's, NOT complaining about low votes, NOT trying to piss anybody off (so just cool it), AM enjoying photoshop in every way..

Not pissed off mate, just having an opinion that differs to yours.

Withholding votes, is a bit harsh, there my votes to give or not to give...I use to vote on every contest for the first 2-3 years here and I was one of the few who did, but I also voted for the image not the person and voted over the three days...25 votes IMO is to many...take us back to 10-15...then you have to look at the art and not the name...and anoun contests come under this as well.

I dont withhold any votes...I give my votes to images that I beleive deserve it, or if I notice an improvment in the skills of the chopper...I even look back in portfolios to see if that chop has improved from the last time...but would rather leave a creative comment rather than a vote.

When ya been around this place for a while you get to pick who the chop is from and just how much effort went into it. Even great choppers like anfa and Bill can do a shit chop, trust me they will admit to it as well. So forget how many votes ya get and who gives em to ya...dont worry ablout the prize...just enjoy the good and freindly place this is and most of all enjoy the images and ideas of people from all over the world.

Damn did I ever soap box this one huh Laughing

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

Ok Ok, I get your point of view.. Anyway, I repeat that this is not on a personal basis, I don't care 'bout the votes, and couldn't care less about the prizes, hell my first win was a prize and I haven't even opened it yet..

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic