Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Talk about "Violent Crap" - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

yello_piggy

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I had some thoughts beside cooking right now, and I would like to read, how you boys and girls are thinking about.
Some oldschool-member blamed me once, that I would try to get votes by showing very violent and/or disgusting entries. On that moment I was just angry about this. But now, after my skills did develope, I see it in the same way, like the oldschooler then. No one needs to feel attacked by my words, but isn't it true, that most of those ugly entries in PSC are a result of missing skills, and I say MOST oft them, not all. That means disgusting and violent contents on a high level are OK ... ban all newbies ... *exhale*... Laughing

yello_piggy

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

AND: I mean the skills of finding a good topic, story, setting for your entries, and to juggle with the amount of sensation, so stop crying!

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
... ban all newbies ... *exhale*... Laughing

TOO LATE!!!

TOO LATE!!!!

creatrix

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Bwahahaha! I am here already!!

Newbie infiltration!!

Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I rarely see a great "story" told in any of the chops anymore. On occassion, there are - and have been - a few that have told a humourous story...but, it all seems to go back to the same debate/arguement/discussion that 75% of the choppers now are annoyingly lazy in their chopping.

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
... that 75% of the choppers now are annoyingly lazy in their chopping.

If this is true, how the HELL can they have any excuses when they've got a whole FRICKIN MONTH to get their precious chops in perfect order!???

Maybe that is the problem... no EDGE to the contests now. You pay your money and you take your time. Go ahead - tweak twiddle twaddle - no sweat.

GAWD I MISS THE "I only got an hour to chop this" CRAZINESS we had back in The Day. Confused

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Maybe that is the problem... no EDGE to the contests now. You pay your money and you take your time. Go ahead - tweak twiddle twaddle - no sweat.

GAWD I MISS THE "I only got an hour to chop this" CRAZINESS we had back in The Day. Confused

Exactly.

Oh, the days of getting the source at 8am and the MAD RUSH to come up with an Out Of The Box idea by 8:30...

Personally, I don't see where a LOT of people do anything remotely creative with the source. It's always a cut and paste job or a color change or something simple. Hardly anyone takes the source and really manipulates it anymore.

armogeden

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

i vote that all sunday's chops you get 1 hour to chop it and you don't get to see the picture or enter the compition early even if you have advantage. it would be normal rules for monday-saturday

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
...but, it all seems to go back to the same debate/arguement/discussion that 75% of the choppers now are annoyingly lazy in their chopping...
75% seems kind of generous. I'd say more like 85-90% Laughing Laughing Laughing

creatrix

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
... that 75% of the choppers now are annoyingly lazy in their chopping.

If this is true, how the HELL can they have any excuses when they've got a whole FRICKIN MONTH to get their precious chops in perfect order!???

I agree, actually. I did better chops when I didn't have advantage and had to rush. Now sometimes I just slam some POS out because I want to submit SOMETHING.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
i vote that all sunday's chops you get 1 hour to chop it and you don't get to see the picture or enter the competition early even if you have advantage. it would be normal rules for monday-saturday

I'd love this but...
why Sundays?

Cant we please do something during the week? I don't really have access to Photoshop on the weekend. Thats one reason why I got advantage in the first place.

the other was so that I could make really crappy/unoriginal entries and enter them early Laughing

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
the other was so that I could make really crappy/unoriginal entries and enter them early Laughing

Laughing

You're in the 15-20% that actually does something worth voting for!

TheShaman

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

and to reply to piggy.

don't vote for the violence if you don't like it. (personally I don't care for it either, its gotta be stellar for me to vote for those) If they don't get a lot of votes, they wont make those sort of entries so much....

but art is art.. and everyone has different tastes... so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Laughing

You're in the 15-20% that actually does something worth voting for!

thanks Steve-o I really do try most times...

cept for yesterdays cow entry... Shocked what was I thinking?!? Doh! oh yeah, I wasnt

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Personally I think there is too much emphasis on what a chop "should be" or "how a chop should be chopped." Why is a story or purpose of a chop absolutely necessary? A chop is what the chopper wants it to be no matter what it is. Live and let live Razz

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Talk about "Violent Crap" - Reply to topic