Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wacom Tablet Help - Reply to topic

Serps

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi I don't know how it happened but when I was about to do a Chop tonight I noticed the pen felt like it was scratching the surface of the tablet, as usual for me I totally ignored this and carried on for a while, anyway I have now totally messed up the overlay sheet on the tablet.

I have ordered a new one and was just wondering if any one has had to replace theres, is it just a case of pulling the old one of and sticking a new one on? also wondering if its ok to take it of now and use it without the overlay its a intuos if thats any help Smile

TheShaman

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

is it that little flip layover sheet you're talking about?

If you've ordered a new one, I don't see any reason why you cannot remove the old one and see what happens. these things work with magnets anyway. that little sheet does nothing, unless you put a pretty picture underneath for tracing purposes Wink

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

that happened to my previous tablet. But I simply got used to it (once I couldnīt order a replacement for it).

But I donīt think itīs a good idea to use without it... itīs like when you get a chick home and run out of condoms, and decided to do it without them only until you get more in the drugstore...

hmmm... maybe that wasnīt a good comparison... but ya got the point...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

arcaico

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
these things work with magnets anyway. that little sheet does nothing

riiiight... they DO NOT protect the surface from scratches like the ones that leaded Serps to replace the cover... of course they have a purpose... otherwise they wouldnīt be there... if he scratch the surface, there will be no way heīll be able to replace it...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ok ok yeah protects the hard plastic from more scratches.
try putting something else on top of it then. so long as the magnet in the pen can get to the tablet.

just trying to help arcachoke

I got rid of my little pad... I now have the larger one that has a hard plastic top. so I dun forgot. I wasn't trying to sabotage you Serps I swear Embarassed

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes Serps! I had the same problem. It's a small problem, usually it doesn't make any difference about your work. It's good to change the pen's white plastic part. Sometimes it can be lightly damage. Anyway I changed the sheet few times just because I dont like the feeling with scatched sheet. Very easy to replace, just taking it off & putting a new one. There's a sticky band on the top of the sheet. Smile

arcaico

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
ok ok yeah protects the hard plastic from more scratches.
try putting something else on top of it then. so long as the magnet in the pen can get to the tablet.

just trying to help arcachoke

I got rid of my little pad... I now have the larger one that has a hard plastic top. so I dun forgot. I wasn't trying to sabotage you Serps I swear Embarassed

No. The hard plastic was replaced. It protects the tablet from scratches. Thatīs why he better wait till the new one arrives, or keep using the scratched one, but not use the tablet without it, under the possibility of scratching the tablet.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

No. The hard plastic was replaced. It protects the tablet from scratches. Thatīs why he better wait till the new one arrives, or keep using the scratched one, but not use the tablet without it, under the possibility of scratching the tablet.

the hard plastic? or the layover sheet?!?! which is like a piece of used negative material w/o the silver in it... what are we talking about now?

say that may work... do you have any access to negative material? you could lay that over the top of your tablet for the time being.

but you should def replace the pen too the tips prob completely gone like mine was.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
that happened to my previous tablet. But I simply got used to it (once I couldnīt order a replacement for it).

But I donīt think itīs a good idea to use without it... itīs like when you get a chick home and run out of condoms, and decided to do it without them only until you get more in the drugstore...

hmmm... maybe that wasnīt a good comparison... but ya got the point...

Very Happy Thanks all, I think I will leave it until the new one arrives just replaced the nib as well. I think I will take this opportunity to spend some more time down the pub refreshing the creative juices thumright

yello_piggy

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 am   Reply with quote         

I am using a wacom since september. Sometimes, I put a piece of paper on the surface when I chop. The relatively raw structure of the paper makes the tip of the pen smooth again.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wacom Tablet Help - Reply to topic