Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New smilies - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cafn8d

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

:safe: What is this??

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Actually, what would be nice is if the smileys were added to chat. It's much easier to use smileys at the ends of sentences rather than having to spend the next five minutes explaining to some clueless people that get all upset that you were just kidding. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Actually, what would be nice is if the smileys were added to chat. It's much easier to use smileys at the ends of sentences rather than having to spend the next five minutes explaining to some clueless people that get all upset that you were just kidding. Rolling Eyes

Makes more sense then all of these being available for just forum threads...

cafn8d

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

That would be awesome! Would help liven the old chat right up like the old SOCK CODES used to... Great idea, Mason!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

nice idea
I'm a bit bored with copy/pasting the url of a penguin image (like this one: :penguin: )

and make them available in regular chat too, then they have a little taste of images in advantage chat

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Aren't we gettin' a bit carried away with all the smilies people? Has the site become THAT boring? Would people rather make new smilies than chop now? Just curious...cuz I could care less about most of the new ones. But that's just me. I'm sure most everyone else is just overwhelmed with joy.

Besides...98 smilies and not even ONE that hints at sarcasm.

Jeez.
A year from now, people will be saying "Whatever happened to PSC? Whatever happened to that cool chopping site that used to be around? Now all we have left is W1K."

Wow, DP Thanks for your
WIse and Insightful
Input.

I'd better remove the BG on those.

splodge

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Author Vladimir Nabokov said in a 1969 New York Times interview that "there should exist a special typographical sign for a smile--some sort of concave mark, a supine round bracket."

Now, nearly four decades later, there is just such a typographical symbol-- :-), or :) for the minimalists, and it'd be tough to find a tech-savvy person who hasn't leaned on it. There's also a special typographical symbol for a frown-- :-( -- and one for a cool dude in sunglasses -- B-) -- and one for a wink -- ;-). There's even a typographical sign for wearing a baseball cap-- d=D.

These are emoticons (or emotive icons), the arrangements of letters and symbols that have been inserted into e-mails, message board posts, and instant messages since the fledgling days of the Internet. "Fledgling days," in this case, refers not to the mid-'90s when people were beginning to learn what AOL was, but to the early '80s, when accessing the Internet was largely limited to research universities and defense contractors.
read more (if you must)
http://tech.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4214964

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

might need resizing :)
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/animated%20smileys/smileys.htm

Hallcross Toots
Sassy

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:38 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmmm I wonder who's this is???

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
:safe: What is this??

hehheh. condom hat.

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

That would be awesome! Would help liven the old chat right up like the old SOCK CODES used to... Great idea, Mason!

heh, it's hardly my idea. Most chatrooms like ours here at PSC implement smileys. I always wondered why we didn't have them here, but never really asked about it. Now that Proc is adding smileys, I figured now is as good a time as any to ask about smileys in chat. Smile

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:37 am   Reply with quote         

The tip of the ICEBERG OF THE DAMNED, I tell ye all!

I agree with the folks that say NO to this kind of MINDLESS DRIVEL!

Like, WHO THE HELL WANTS A CHICKEN PECKING AT A HAMBURGER? ! !

JEEEEEZZZUSSSSSSS MURGATROID!!!

That's, like , a CANABALISTIC action there FOLKS!

A chicken eating a cow - BARNYARD SIN!!!

CAN"T YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOUR IMMORTAL SOULS TANGLED UP IN!? ?? It AIN'T a SKIPPING ROPE, let me tell YOU!!!!

- S. R. deSmit, a concerned member of the PSC family

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

we'll see what we can do...for now I won't add any smilies, unless they are psc related. Nemo

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

yay...Nemo's a keeper Nemo

*woot*

splodge

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:34 am   Reply with quote         

for the love of all things PSC, If you must put smileys in chat, limit it to 1 smiley per post.

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New smilies - Reply to topic