Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello, new here! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

knit_wit74

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey everyone! I just found PSC yesterday and joined. I know, I know... I need to get me an avatar and sig, lol! I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's work here. Well, ok, so I haven't seen "everyone's" work,that would take years. But I did see enough to be absolutely impressed!

As you may note from my username, knitting is my first love in life. But, on the side I have been playing with various photo editing programs. My first prog was Ulead Photo Express (anybody remember that one, Laughing ). Then I moved on to *gasp* PaintShop Pro, and tried a little (please don't throw eggs at me)The GIMP. Laughing Well, recently I decided to splurge and got PhotoShop CS2... and so far I like it. Only done about 3 images, just playing around. I am still a bit overwhelmed with it, knowing where all the tools, etc. are. All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Very Happy

I look forward to learning more from the more "seasoned" artists here.

Thank you all for letting me in your community!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your work Smile

armogeden

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

playing around is still good. ill be sure to watch out for your work! enjoy your stay Very Happy

knit_wit74

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Is it okay if I show my first project in this thread? I'm interested in some critique, albeit as brutal as many of you may be. Twisted Evil But, seriously, I know I'm VERY new to PS, so I won't take any "Ohhh my eyes! That sux so bad it hurts!" opinions to heart Wink

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

welcome lover of knitting Very Happy if you want to learn (not about knitting Laughing ) this is the place to be.

Welcome Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Marco knows TONS about knitting...

...and welcome.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

damn right I do... ummmmm as long as no one asks me any questions at all in relation to the subject and expects even a vaguely correct answer

the burning couch

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Greetings *!*

knit_wit74

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like I might be able to get along here Razz Laughing I do have smarteleck tendencies, so please don't take anything I say wrong, k?

Anywho, nobody has said "Hell no, you can't post your amateur stuff here", soooooooooo.... I'll show my very first PS project. Here's the source images:

And here's what my mind turned them into:

I'm interested to know what I could have done different (or even better, HOW I could have done it different).

Thanks for looking!

Tesore

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome! Very Happy

mikey

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I've done a few pictures and have some experience. your picture looks like it might look good with a skelton hands and face" Laughing Razz my first advice would be; http://www.bluetorials.com/free%20stuff/ps_tuts.html
learn some of those actions they are quite helpful and save time too!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome knit_wit ...(btw, I hope we can call you by your real name...)

anyway...I lived in the mountains for awhile and taught myself how to knit. Pretty soon I was designing my own sweaters. If you have the patience to chase a dropped stitch, you'll do very well learning your way around PS.

Take your time, review portfolios and have fun!

If you have questions...Ask The Experts...they're very helpful.

knit_wit74

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Welcome knit_wit ...(btw, I hope we can call you by your real name...)

anyway...I lived in the mountains for awhile and taught myself how to knit. Pretty soon I was designing my own sweaters. If you have the patience to chase a dropped stitch, you'll do very well learning your way around PS.

Take your time, review portfolios and have fun!

If you have questions...Ask The Experts...they're very helpful.

HI Eve! You all can call me KW, or my real name is Shelia. Orrrrrr, you can call me Bi*ch... as long as you smile when you say it Razz Wink Anywho, I live in Middle Tennessee. There really isn't much use for handknit stuff here in the South, but I was determined to learn anyway. So, since I didn't know anyone personally who knitted, I bought some "Learn it Yourself" books and some needles and yarn, and 15 years later I'm still knittin'. I just wish I could find some better cotton yarn, other than the stuff we make dishcloths with. Wool just isn't really necessary here, if you KnowhutImean.

Mikey,

Bow Thanks for the link with the tuts. Definately on my bookmark list! We need a "thumbs up" smiley Cool

lozerkidzunited

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome Knit, I'll be looking forward to seeing your work. Smile

Best place in the world.
Marx-Man

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

i remember my first program mspaint... then jasc psp an animation shop, then flash then photoshop... so your not alone

rotate the scythe so its vertical

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello, new here! - Reply to topic