Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC-Cheers Video for Boston - Reply to topic

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is a little video ive been working on for PSC-Cheers...its a low res version on photobucket.
Im still tweeking it in Adobe after effects and premeire....Please excuse photobucket.. has compressed, pixelatted it, and made the text darker.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm afraid most of the yellow-black gradient titles are unreadable.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris...

my original version in after effects and premeire is much better looking. Photobucket has compressed the video so much that it looks pixelated and has darkened it. I will put up the uncompressed version on my website link.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

How about the title - it would be best if it resembled the style of the Cheers logo, which, I guess, would mean some work in Illustrator using Flamenco for the lowercase letters and Candice for the uppercase as a reference

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Very nice!

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

Sounds good...

i will fire up illustrator and change the text to the match the cheers logo.

glennhanna

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:54 am   Reply with quote         

Ok Ok! Let's forget the font issues for a moment. How did you get a version of the Cheers intro without titles? You added your own titles of course, but that means you worked with a clean version. One way to do it is to find the images Cheers used in their intro and simply replicate the intro... but I wouldnt' think those images would be so easy to come by. How was the background created?

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

I took still images of each of the images from the video. Then imported them into adobe after effects. I imported the stills, made the text in illustrator, used photoshop to change the newspaper to "psc rox". I did use a little photoshop to block out some letting for some of the still. Take the part where cafn8d's name comes up. I had to open that still image in photoshop and take out that name. The video was taken off of youtube. Firefox has an add-on which allows you to download videos off of the internet. I then used Total Video converter to convert the flash video file to a quicktime video file. From their its a matter of using photoshop, illustrator, after effects, and premiere to get the final PSCheers look.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC-Cheers Video for Boston - Reply to topic