Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Help me understand. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Marx-Man

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
fools... that's obviously a plastic sex doll... maybe silicon... but definetely a sex doll. That's why there's no violence, crime, passion or whatever in the chop...

Yes i agree with... wait what am i saying!!!

Besides connotations he is right Wink

st1n3r

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

personaly, i don't think people should be so touchy about contest images. if a image puts your panties in a bunch just click to the next one.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Crowned
I am sorry to be straightforward: I only see murder and violence. The loving touch is synonym of a passionate crime imho.

What is so offensive about this comment?

My tired brain can't remember the comp now but there was an image showing violence against a woman...she was on the stairs w/ maybe a scissors in her. I believe I left a comment re: that image. . .and I don't think I apologized first either.

It was just a comment reflecting my feelings of that image.

"You guys" have got to get over this weirdness that anyone who says anything other than "WOW" or "FANTASTIC" is a direct hit to your fragile ego.

my 2.5 cents...

arcaico

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

you want violence?? here!!! take violence!!!!

Chop by delucx for the 2006 h2h tourney.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

lozerkidzunited

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Man, Marx Wrote alot.
I don't see any violence in this chop. Confused

Best place in the world.
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir I KNOW I voted for this but I don't know why it didn't show up. Anyway that's not my point. My point is the comments that I know I put in there with the vote.

First I think the hands are the right size for the image. I compared my thumb size (I'm 6'4" and ~250lbs) to the size of my own mouth. I think you're spot on for a petite female and a large male (that's how my eye saw the picture).

Second I think that the image shows a tender moment. I see a seduction going on. I see a literal dance between lovers. I think your chop is romantic not violent.

BUT I think that others could see something based on the experiences that they've had in their own lives. That doesn't mean that someone has to have experienced violence like they see. It could simply be that they've watched too many horror movies or something equally as simple.

The old saying is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Meaning is too.

Edit: My wife just looked at the picture. She feels that the violent connotation could come from the eyes on the woman. She says the woman just has a vacant expression in the eyes. Even in the original external her expression looks "flat" or dead to my wife. Anyway that's how my wife sees it and after she said that I can see that too. Maybe that's where the violent feel comes from.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Quote:
Crowned
I am sorry to be straightforward: I only see murder and violence. The loving touch is synonym of a passionate crime imho.

What is so offensive about this comment?

My tired brain can't remember the comp now but there was an image showing violence against a woman...she was on the stairs w/ maybe a scissors in her. I believe I left a comment re: that image. . .and I don't think I apologized first either.

It was just a comment reflecting my feelings of that image.

"You guys" have got to get over this weirdness that anyone who says anything other than "WOW" or "FANTASTIC" is a direct hit to your fragile ego.

my 2.5 cents...

Eve I think that you are the one being touchy here, if you read my first comment you would understand that this has nothing at all to do with my fragile ego or anything else of that sort, in fact I appreciated the comment. The fact is that I don't like violent images myself and just wanted to LEARN something new. I guess the fact is that there were a lot of hidden connotations that I had not thought about.

Mir

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:34 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
fools... that's obviously a plastic sex doll... maybe silicon... but definitely a sex doll. That's why there's no violence, crime, passion or whatever in the chop...

You are right, it is not a sex doll but a wax statue, that is why the the woman just has a vacant expression in the eyes, as Tofu's wife said.
Thanks everyone for your replies after all the sort of insight given in such a discussion will not be found in any tutorial for sure.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:35 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
salut Sad What I would like to understand is what is it that makes an image violent?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/117048/loving-touch.html
Love to hear what you all think. By the way I'm all for comments and constructive criticism, and prefer them to a vote any time.

Mir, that was my comment in response to your thread in which you asked for feedback. I have no constructive criticism...and I didn't vote for that image. I am not being harsh. I am replying to you.

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
You are right, it is not a sex doll but a wax statue, that is why the the woman just has a vacant expression in the eyes, as Tofu's wife said.

Wow! Wax... it sure fooled me... her expression was indeed vacant, but I didn't even think she wasn't real. Although I did get the lifeless impression from her. Great Wax work!

Mir

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Quote:

Wow! Wax... it sure fooled me... her expression was indeed vacant, but I didn't even think she wasn't real. Although I did get the lifeless impression from her. Great Wax work!

Yep glenn, I guess that is one way an outside source can have an effect on a final composition.

yello_piggy

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:12 am   Reply with quote         

dont worry, Mir, my entry was even disqualified, but I was almost sure that it would happen when I posted it. Twisted Evil when I saw yours, my first thought was also "violence", then I read the header saying something about love. and now go back to chopping! Wink

Mir

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
dont worry, Mir, my entry was even disqualified, but I was almost sure that it would happen when I posted it. Twisted Evil when I saw yours, my first thought was also "violence", then I read the header saying something about love. and now go back to chopping! Wink

thanks yello, sure I go back to chopping.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

this whole thing has gotten large with absolutely NO reason at all...
Mir keep up your great choppin' and ignore touchy contestants...

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Help me understand. - Reply to topic