Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Vote late = More Power? - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pietjepuk

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

i vote for second and with hold mt vote for the other

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

Fugue-This issue has never occurred to me...I usually just look at the picture and comments, and then vote on the picture that I like the best. In your hypothetical situation, if I had the votes, and liked both pictures, I would vote for both pictures. Winning and losing are not the critical factors that shape my voting choice.

Patre

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

Just occurred to me that I might have been a bit naive in my first reply. Maybe there are posters whose livelihood is somehow attached to the portfolio that they post on this site. They might use the portfolio and the votes attached to the pictures to represent themselves to a potential employer. Consequently, the votes might have some meaning in the "real world". If I knew that to be true, then I generally would vote, in the situation you described, for the picture that was waaaaaay better. On the other hand, if the other picture was very good, and I knew that a vote for it meant more to its author in a real world situation, I would vote for the less deserving picture.<br>In the end, and in my view, I guess, its simply a little more complex than my first response would have implied..

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

I make three new users, and post a sh*tload of crap for five days, then I vote insanely for myself.<br>no, wait, then my vpp would be higher..

YerPalAl

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Leave it to you to bring philosophy into it.<br><br>I think if I felt both were vote worthy I would vote for both.<br><br>Its a contewst for bragging rights only, not a cash prize or trophy, good works deserve votes I think.

P@u

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for the better one and hold the vote for the one who is winning, because although I feel they are both good, I know who deserves to come first and second... and my vote won´t prevent the winning one from winning a first or second place anyway...

Patre

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I really like an unbiased evaluation of the pics, Spodge,and your method, at least eliminates, falling prey to vote count as one of the possible criteria for voting for a pic...

G7

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

voting is important, yes…… but it says nothing about some one’s chopping capability……. <br><br>voting is nice as a sort of recognition but nothing more <br>not from experts, not from the masses<br>it is only a reflection of the moment, what do people like and what not.. and what do they like at this moment......<br>as a example, today I looked at some of the earlier work of the highest vpp posters and I like to ask you to do the same...... the real high scores they got in the past are getting more and more rare and the overall quality now is most of the time better I think........they would not get these scores now so they would not have the vpp they have now<br><br>furthermore it is almost impossible to judge the quality without knowing the source, judging humour quality is easier but is that really what chopping is about ??? <br>I try to use this contest as a sort of practise and for the fun of it and I must confess that I learned to look a little bit different to pictures and chopping so I thank you all<br>But please don’t make such a big fuzz over the voting thing because it will never be fair for all<br>

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I might try your approach out splodge, does sound pretty fun.
irishstu

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

If I could just add something slightly off-topic...<br><br>If you voted REALLY late and were winning a contest by just one point, but really liked the pic in second place, would you vote for it, knowing you would lose the contest?

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

What if you were tied for fifth, same question? Honestly.

G7

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

something completely different then, why is a joined 1st place not two winners ??<br>sometimes you have the same number of votes and still the other one is the winner, is that some kind of a rule ??<br>

G7

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

tnx... did not know

G7

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I am here from august and had a tie like that already two times<br>I am not pissed of about it but I was only wondering<br>I like the head to head idea from reinman<br>

Fugue

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm, okay. If I can just take the ethical dilemma one step further: You now find yourself in a room with Adolf Hitler and Mary Hart from E Entertainment News. Both of them are on fire, writhing and flailing around on the floor in agony, but you feel like you only have enough urine in your bladder to put one of them out.<br> <br><B>What do you do?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Vote late = More Power? - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com