Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I can't view the larger version of the entries!!! - Reply to topic

ReyRey

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Is it just me??? When I click on an entry, I am not getting the larger version. I also noticed there were only 17 entries today and nobody is voting for anything and then I tried to view the entries and the process was slow and painfull. Now I know why nobody is voting for anything. Are people getting fed up with the performance of this web site. I hope it improves fast before people start leaving. Crying or Very sad
Update:
By the way....To the people that are voting now...Are you able to see the large version or are you voting on the small version??

Tesore

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

Remove the cookies and temp files, shut down the damn system and start again!

You have 3 votes on the roundabout already! Very Happy

Tesore

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry.
YESSS: XXL

Laughing

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

i can see the large entries..but at the moment it just takes a bit long to load it...
It's only the first hour after a new contest starts that it's all slow... Confused ...have some patience ..the votes are comming ... Smile (oh..it's weekend btw..voting is always slow then Sad )

ReyRey

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

By the way, I was not talking about my votes. I was not seeing any votes, for anyone. I see them now. Still, it is slow.

Tesore

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

I know... but I like too tell you Wink

Mir

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Over here the images change at 14:00 hours but the first hour or so is so slow I do not even bother to look because it is too frustrating waiting for the images to load. It get a bit better later, but I do believe people are getting fed up of it .

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

how bizarre, everything used to be slow, but the site crash server melt down of last week has made mine run sexy sliky smooth again, its like the good old days Very Happy

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
Over here the images change at 14:00 hours but the first hour or so is so slow I do not even bother to look because it is too frustrating waiting for the images to load. It get a bit better later, but I do believe people are getting fed up of it .

well, when the slowing down is ended all stats are updated.

So I guess the mysql statements to update stats, frontpage, and setting up the contests causes high strain to the mysql server. Effectively straining the whole site.

My judgment: optimize the mysql statements, use memcaching if necessary. Be geek and serve the people

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I can't view the larger version of the entries!!! - Reply to topic