Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dbbowling's PSC Tutorial - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Wed May 02, 2007 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a video "Guide to the PSC" for proc. This is a low res video of what i have done so far. Give me your input and any other suggestions you might think should go into the video. Note: My voice is a little dead...i recorded this late at night. It takes a minute to load. Enjoy Very Happy

http://www.photoshopdave.com/pscvid/pscvid.html

Subjects to cover in possible upcoming videos.

1. A beginner's guide to the PSC.
2. A promo video for H2H 2007
3. Quick Tips (file size, optimization, etc.) - i like this idea

Thanks,
dbbowling

TheShaman

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Not bad not bad! Was that an alias I saw there when you were logging in? decafsomething or other? Laughing

The only issue I saw, and its more of an annoyance to me, is when people 'quickly scan' through the thumbnails to vote. Rolling Eyes Please please please don't encourage that! Seriously, if you're going to take the time to vote, you should at least give everyone a look at full view! Thats only fair, and the thumbnail doesn't do many of them any justice..

Other than that I thought it was good for someone who knows nothing about our site and doesn't want to take the time to read... overall nice job!

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Shaman,

I just wanted to show users the different ways to go about looking at the entries. This is meant as a general guide to the PSC...mostly for newbies and beginners to the site. Thanks for your input sham-man. Yes...decafn8d is my buddy alias..for cafy. Her and i have a fun banter in chat. Her Mr. Coffee is busy sometimes...so decaf has to fill in Razz

-db

nifft

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

loading stop at 1% to me. Confused

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Um...it's cool and all...good work, db...but um...

Just why would I need a Video Guide?

Raising Brow

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

The flash video file is 26 MB. It will take a minute to load...so be patient. I have a camtasia flash preloading screen. The final video will be streaming web and should load quickly. If your on dial up....go have lunch and come back.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I reiterate...

Just why would I need a Video Guide?

Raising Brow

I'm not trying to knock the work...or the idea...but...I don't ever recall having to sit through a video walkthrough of a website before.

Kinda takes a lot of the work out of it...I guess...???

Shocked

TheShaman

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:26 pm   Reply with quote         

its sorta like reading comics or watching them as a cartoon...

some people are just LAZY

but if it helps those who... don't.... like to... Shocked hey look a chicken!

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Just trying to develop more media for the psc dp. As far as its use and purpose...that remains to be determined.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm lost.

As a promotional piece for the site, for potential sponsors...I can see the benefits. Let's them know what the site is all about...maybe enticing a few people to join.

But...if it's just gonna be a link in the Video Section...I don't see the benefits.

Why would I want to watch a video showing me where to find the FAQ, when I can just click on HELP?

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
smartass quote change

And this answers my VALID question, how? I'm trying to understand what this is for and what purpose it's supposed to be serving.

Thanks.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
dbbowling wrote:
smartass quote change

And this answers my VALID question, how? I'm trying to understand what this is for and what purpose it's supposed to be serving.

Thanks.

I don't know what the plans are for it, but a link to something like this could go out in the initial psc welcome email or somewhere in the sign up process or whatever.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Video is the fastest growing form of media on the net. Billions of people watch videos today instead of reading. Sometimes taking a few minutes to watch a video can convey to the audience faster...than reading or sorting through webpages.

I like the idea of sending welcome video emails to new psc members. Maybe i can focus more on the prize competitions, contests, and benefits of the psc in the video.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
dbbowling wrote:
smartass quote change

Thanks.

I don't know what the plans are for it, but a link to something like this could go out in the initial psc welcome email or somewhere in the sign up process or whatever.

Now that...I could see that. Or as a link in the validation email.

Thank you, Stephen.

Post Wed May 02, 2007 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
dp...this is just a preliminary video that im working on. Video is the fastest growing form of media on the net. Billions of people watch videos today instead of reading. Sometimes taking a few minutes to watch a video can convey to the audience faster...than reading or sorting through webpages.

What are some of the questions that most newbies ask?

Video is a rapidly growing medium...but it it would take me less time to click a few links than to watch all of that video. And then what happens if I forget something? I gotta sit through the video again...nevermind.

Rolling Eyes

Newbies ask about file sizes.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dbbowling's PSC Tutorial - Reply to topic